Season Of The Force - Tomorrowland Overlay Opens November 16th

BrianLo

There are 4 Star Tours attractions worldwide, so new scenes is a cost effective way to plus 4 resorts. It doesn't impact the ride's future here at DLR, where its still slated to close when SWL opens.

Is it? I was under the impression there were no immediate plans to close it until at least 5 years after SWL opens.

If they close it + innoventions simultaneously becomes pointless + hyperspace mountain needs to go away.......

Is there some actual tomorrowland fix on the table in the medium term future?

GiveMeTheMusic

Is it? I was under the impression there were no immediate plans to close it until at least 5 years after SWL opens.

If they close it + innoventions simultaneously becomes pointless + hyperspace mountain needs to go away.......

Is there some actual tomorrowland fix on the table in the medium term future?

I was told Star Tours would be axed as soon as SWL opened, if not shortly thereafter. Tomorrowland is going to be one large problem once SWL opens!

BrianLo

I was told Star Tours would be axed as soon as SWL opened, if not shortly thereafter. Tomorrowland is going to be one large problem once SWL opens!

Seems like a silly approach to ditch it so quickly. Star Tours is one of the few fundamentally non-broken things Tomorrowland has going for it.

I prefer Star Tour would stay and be the movie tie-in/promo ride, while the land is the more permanent fixture and semi-original creation for Disneyland.

D

Deleted member 107043

They either have to move it to SW Land or close it since the new land will be the place for all things Star Wars. My guess is that the simulators will remain in TL and be repurposed for a new non-SW story.

NobodyElse

I never made it onto Body Wars, but the premise always seemed like a good application for that simulator technology. An updated attraction could be cool. Perhaps a miniaturization theme with different (alternating) missions? They could even throw in the occasional "Adventures Thru Inner Space" program just for fun.

George Lucas on a Bench

I miss Body Wars. There's such a remarkable irony to the Wonders of Life. A pavilion about health with exercise bikes in a resort filled with increasingly unhealthy obese people. But it came about during the aerobics craze in the 80s and the inside looked like a tacky shopping mall from that era. It became so incredibly dated. And then it becomes a Food and Wine Festival building? What the...

Figments Friend

'Body Wars' at EPCOT back in the day was great.
I found it to be far more intense then 'Star Tours', and not just visually.
The actual programming done for moving the simulator cabs around was far more intense and rough which is why i ranked it higher.

'Star Tours' was great , not knocking it at all, but at the time both opened 'Body Wars' had the upper edge in my opinion.
I was never a fan of the 'Wonders of Life' Pavilion but I liked 'Body Wars' quite a bit back in the day.

It would be interesting to see a updated version of this simulator experience for DL's 'Tomorrowland'
A nice throwback thematically to '...Innerspace' but with the modern edge today's Guests would be expecting.

Far more interesting then yet another IP based Attraction, ala the Shanghai 'Iron Man' overlay rumors.
Keep that Marvel stuff over at DCA and out of Tomorrowland, please.

Personally I would be sad to see Disneyland's 'Star Tours' removed.
I am hoping it stays.
Hate to see yet another 'Baxterattraction' removed from a Park.

-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

Did you guys know that the original idea for a ride through the human body at EPCOT wasn't a simulator?

db3ec290b7f710acad08347d71feb619.jpg

GiveMeTheMusic

I still believe it will be turned into an Iron Man ride.

That's unlikely in the short-term, as HKDL attractions typically come with a 5 year worldwide exclusivity clause. So the earliest Iron Man could come to DLR in a clone of Stark Tours HK would be 2021.

Also one would hope that they will consolidate Marvel into its DCA corral. I'm hoping the building is cleared out and a new ride is constructed.

Phroobar

Maybe Disney will surprise us and level both the circlevision and Star Tours buildings and build something brand new tailored to a new unique experiences. I know. Never happen.

D

Deleted member 107043

Maybe Disney will surprise us and level both the circlevision and Star Tours buildings and build something brand new tailored to a new unique experiences. I know. Never happen.

After seeing what they've done with the ROA there's a chance, albeit a small one, that Disney could take things to another level on the other side of the park. *fingers crossed*

Nland316

After seeing what they've done with the ROA there's a chance, albeit a small one, that Disney could take things to another level on the other side of the park. *fingers crossed*
I really feel that an actual update to Tomorrowland cannot happen without demolishing those buildings. The Peoplemover track going through them, building codes, and tight crowd flow would be a huge burden to have to work around. Would definitely be easier just to get rid of them and start from scratch with something new.

George Lucas on a Bench

Yeah, you need to do some serious demolition in Tomorrowland. The depressing PeopleMover tracks, the radar dish that used to be the Rocket Jets, strip mall-esque buildings for Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear, the Carousel Theater of uselessness and all the area surrounding Space Mountain need to go. It's bold, but I would go as far as to say that the majority of the land needs to be leveled and completely rebuilt.

D

Deleted member 107043

I really feel that an actual update to Tomorrowland cannot happen without demolishing those buildings. The Peoplemover track going through them, building codes, and tight crowd flow would be a huge burden to have to work around. Would definitely be easier just to get rid of them and start from scratch with something new.

I agree, of course. It would be a big mistake and a huge miss if they don't throw all of their creative talents into a completely new vision for TL. And by completely new I mean from the ground up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom