Season Of The Force - Tomorrowland Overlay Opens November 16th

Californian Elitist

Yeah, you need to do some serious demolition in Tomorrowland. The depressing PeopleMover tracks, the radar dish that used to be the Rocket Jets, strip mall-esque buildings for Star Tours and Buzz Lightyear, the Carousel Theater of uselessness and all the area surrounding Space Mountain need to go. It's bold, but I would go as far as to say that the majority of the land needs to be leveled and completely rebuilt.

Agreed. I say demolish everything and start from scratch, including the rides I actually like, like Autopia and Space. Start over with the entire land.

As much as I really don't like Pizza Port, I must say the restaurant gives me a nice throwback to my 90's childhood, consisting of loud and bright colors that don't match at all.

mickEblu

Sure, why not? I love DL's Space Mountain, but it can't be the last word in "out of this world" coaster rides at DL, can it?

No, but unlike the rest of TL I don't think it needs to be leveled and the architecture of the show building could work with a new futuristic looking TL with some sprucing up. I would agree that something should be done with the mission to Mars building / magic eye theatre and outdoor queue as they all look really old. Basically everything in the surrounding area except the SM show building itself as that would work perfectly if they ever gave the land the TL movie treatment.

If they decided to go a completely different route and actually demo the whole land, I would hope that some version of Space mountain remain. But I really doubt they would level such an iconic structure unless they plan to build a newer version inspired by it. Even then, I doubt they would spend the money to demo the whole land and start from scratch. I think they would try to save where they can and that they would probably view SM as one of those areas.

Last edited:

Nland316

Sure, why not? I love DL's Space Mountain, but it can't be the last word in "out of this world" coaster rides at DL, can it?
This idea really wouldn't bother me as it would most people. Sure, I like Space Mountain but at the same time I don't personally view it being so sacred as I'm sure a majority of Disneyland-goers do. To me, it is a very replaceable attraction.. and an easy one at that. If it is decided among Imagineers to keep it, with it being properly integrated into whatever plans are called on for a Tomorrowland update, by all means. But if plans call for demolishing it, sure why not? Regardless if it's there or not I feel we will get a roller coaster ride in some capacity given an update. Tron perhaps?

Phroobar

Space Mountain is technically only ten years old. I don't think it would be replaced. Maybe it could be rethemed with better projections.

D

Deleted member 107043

No, but unlike the rest of TL I don't think it needs to be leveled and the architecture of the show building could work with a new futuristic looking TL with some sprucing up.

I guess I didn't mean rip it out without a suitable replacement (ie: Tron Coaster, DLP Space Mountain, etc). Just saying that if they do a full ground up rebuild, which is unlikely, then the current Space Mountain shouldn't be off limits for demolition.

SSG

It’s my guess that TL will get substantial work down the line. And I mean pretty far down the line because after Star Wars Land and whatever Marvel thing goes into DCA, we’re probably going to see a Fantasyland expansion and the absorption of ToonTown. And when the TL revamp comes, I would bet that TL purists will not be happy because Disney has shown every indication that a new Tomorrowland will be an IP driven, SciFi version of Fantasyland. So hopefully Disney does great things with Buzz, Stitch and Tron because that is probably what we’ll get.

Phroobar

So Space Mountain get rethemed to the Black Hole. We are on the Cygnus and need a way off before falling into the Black Hole. With the help of V.I.N.Cent, we get on escape pods and blast away from the Cygnus. At the end of the ride we are sucked back into the Black Hole and we get visions of heaven or hell.

The WALL-E attraction is a Dumbo spinner where we hold onto fire extinguishers and fly through space.

The Atlantis attraction where we take a submarine to Atlantis and battle the Kraken.

The Treasure Planet attraction where we battle space pirates and rack up points.

SSG

Autopia gets replaced by The Absent-Minded Professor’s Flubber race, and a space attraction themed to Flight of the Navigator comes in

George Lucas on a Bench

We can only hope they'll follow up with Season of the Trek: A Celebration of the Superior Space Franchise. Launch Bay becomes Deep Space Nine with the promenade featuring Quark's Bar and Ops upstairs. Star Tours becomes a shuttlecraft ride. Buzz Lightyear entire building and Tomorrowland Terrace are leveled and replaced with the refit Enterprise from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, including Jefferies Tubes you can crawl through and Spock meet-and-greet. Space Mountain becomes Space Dock Mountain. Make it so.

D

Deleted member 107043

We can only hope they'll follow up with Season of the Trek: A Celebration of the Superior Space Franchise.

giphy.gif

Phroobar

We can only hope they'll follow up with Season of the Trek: A Celebration of the Superior Space Franchise. Launch Bay becomes Deep Space Nine with the promenade featuring Quark's Bar and Ops upstairs. Star Tours becomes a shuttlecraft ride. Buzz Lightyear entire building and Tomorrowland Terrace are leveled and replaced with the refit Enterprise from Star Trek: The Motion Picture, including Jefferies Tubes you can crawl through and Spock meet-and-greet. Space Mountain becomes Space Dock Mountain. Make it so.
That would be awesome! I really miss the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas. It was so cool to be beamed on to the Enterprise. With Star Trek's optimistic view of Earth's future, Disney could build something that lived up to the land's original intention and still be themed and timeless. Just make sure it's not the JJ version of Trek but rather the Roddenberry original vision of a world united for the common good.

Shatner.jpg

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom