Seas with Nemo & Friends Broken Effects

ImagineerAndy

Original Poster
Hi guys, this may have been posted, but just wanted to put it out there. Rode the seas recently and was really disappointed to see the angler fish animatronic was broken and just been painted with really bright fluorescent paint and had a UV light on it, the same for the Marlin animatronic and both were not moving, they were posed in a position. Really bad show. Plus one of the jelly fish was broken and the scrim in front had a tear in it.
Has anyone else noticed these things, and does anyone know if the 2 animatronics will be fixed?

Philo

I think it's quite common for the Angler fish to be broken. Last time I rode it it was moving although it wasn't moving as it should, almost jerky, limited movement.

I read a report on here a couple of days ago about it being down too. It's a shame, I was really impressed the first time I saw it.

Grim Grinner

It was like that during the my entire trip Sept 13–20th. Also, while I was there, a jellyfish leg was simply lying on the ground- and the audio for Marlin and Dory were messed up at times.

Plus, the shark that pokes his nose out did not work.

It's funny how much you notice, even if you haven't been on in a year or so.

A little love and care would work wonders.

hardcard

The angler fish has been broken for about 2 weeks now..

The angler fish seems to be as troublesome as the 'hopping brer rabbit' in splash mountain.. That effect has been broken off and on at least 5 or 6 times in the past 3 months..

The shark sticking his nose out from inside the submarine has been broken for about 3 months... honestly, I think he is just stuck... You can hear the air trying to push him forward on queue, but he is not moving..

DisneyWales

I thought the Angler fish couldn't be used due the licensing of the technology to Universal now??????

Tis a shame as the effect is so impressive, and used to scare the crap out of me.

I haven't seen it working since after the previews finished (about xmas 2006 I think was the last time i seen this work???)

kjd469

When we were there mid-September a lot of the effects weren't working...it would be better to close down the ride until it could be fixed, rather than have guests disappointed and talking about how bad it was. It reminded me of something from the local fair...sad.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Weird, I always thought the Angler Fish and Marlin were puppets.
Nope it is a Kuta Robot arm. Here is a link to a picture of it.

http://miceage.micechat.com/kevinyee/ky051707a.htm

I thought the Angler fish couldn't be used due the licensing of the technology to Universal now??????

Tis a shame as the effect is so impressive, and used to scare the crap out of me.

I haven't seen it working since after the previews finished (about xmas 2006 I think was the last time i seen this work???)
Nope. They can use, maintain or replace the ones they already have they just cant put new ones into new attractions.

sanctumsolitude

Universal has the exclusive license to purchase the kuka arm for future projects. Prior to the agreement, Disney already had purchased a couple, one of which is used here.

Last time I saw the shark stick his nose out was in June. I have only seen the Angler Fish not working once.

I actually had the best ride last June. The shark stuck his nose out, the Angler Fish swam by, and during the last scene the dolphins decided to swim right by the window. Usually it looks like an empty tank because the only thing inside are dolphins that you can't see.

NiarrNDisney

It's kind of sad really, I remember when it opened and these two effects were working and brought something extra to the table. However recently the last couple of times I have been there they both were broken. It would seem they both are faulty animatronics...:fork: BOO!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It's kind of sad really, I remember when it opened and these two effects were working and brought something extra to the table. However recently the last couple of times I have been there they both were broken. It would seem they both are faulty animatronics...:fork: BOO!
Whenever you do something cutting edge you are going to have problems. Just look at the turntable in the original JII, the Yeti in E:E, Lucky or the cars in TT. All of these were just above prototypes. Anytime you do something for the first time it is going to be undependable. But this is no excuse for leaving elements of attractions in disrepair. CM's need to report every effect that is not working and third shift need to do everything in their power to fix it.

bgraham34

I don't ever recall even seeing him move at all. It was not moving when I was there in Early Sept this year or last year.

MousDad

I've never seen the Yeti move - but I've never seen the Anglerfish down. Luck of the draw.

Does make me think twice about getting on a ride vehicle supported by a kuka arm, though. :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh yea... they could give it a kinda futuristic theme, like it was an undersea research base or something. :shrug:
Disney would never do something like that. Next thing you know you will be wanting them to make anamatronic attractions about the future and the history of transportation:rolleyes:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I've never seen the Yeti move - but I've never seen the Anglerfish down. Luck of the draw.

Does make me think twice about getting on a ride vehicle supported by a kuka arm, though. :lookaroun
I have been thinking the same thing. An single element of an attraction going 101 is one thing but the entire ride going 101 is totally another.

EPCOT Explorer

Oh yea... they could give it a kinda futuristic theme, like it was an undersea research base or something. :shrug:
Wow...Now THAT's an IDEA.
Disney would never do something like that. Next thing you know you will be wanting them to make anamatronic attractions about the future and the history of transportation:rolleyes:
And THAT would make a heck of a theme park.Imagine all the technology we have NOW.Now imagine all the tech we could have in the future...THat would be a a heck of a park.:D:lookaroun:cry:
Now there's someone who has the right idea. :sohappy:
;):wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom