Seance Table

pierce343

Account Suspended
Original Poster
WHAT IS A SEANCE TABLE? AND WHAT IS A SEANCE CIRCLE? I HEARD ABOUT IT IN THE HAUNTED MANSION. AND WHAT IS THE MADAME LEOTA EFFECT?

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
ok.. wow.. first, turn the caps OFF.. lol

next, the seance table is the scene in Haunted Mansion w/ the Glass Ball. The head inside the ball is Madame Leota. The floating instruments are on (HIGHLY VISIBLE) strings.

from more info try doombuggies.com

prberk

A seance (not necessarily in a circle, I don't think) is where people come togther with a psychic (or "medium") to contact the dead. It is often associated with a "crystal ball," where the image of the dead is supposed to appear.

That is what was represented, in sort of a light-hearted way, in the "Haunted Mansion," in the scene with the crystal ball on the round table. Your doombuggie circles around it as if participating in the circle. Most of what is done in the "Haunted Mansion" is just stereotypical "Hollywood" style seance stuff, just for fun, like from old horror flicks; but it is actually practiced in some form today among the occult.

isnet396

In the mansion, the effect is achieved by projecting the images of Leota Toombs (what a fitting name) onto a bust, such as one used to place a wig on. It looks as though there's a real head in there too. If you look at the right angle you can see the reflection in the glass.

Ian

CalDisney

I heard there is a Tombstone in the Haunted Manor Graveyard for a Little Leota
Is this True??
I have not seen one at the Disneyland Haunted Mansion.

kaos

The technology has changed a little... Leota is now projected from an LCD projector and from behind.. much like a rear projection TV.

mwitkus

fyi -

leota was one of the imagineers who helped to create the attraction... this was her real name and her real face, but not her real voice... i beleive her voice was used elsewhere in the park, but not sure where....

got this info while on the keys to the kingdom tour last week so it should be accurate....

SirNim

Eleanor Audley - also the voice of the wicked stepmother in Cinderella, performed the voice for Madame Leota - Leota Toombs just provided the "pretty face."

mkepcotmgmak

prob. not breaking down

the ride prob. isn't breaking down...
I have been stuck in that room more than once, but it is usually becuase they have to stop the system to allow handicapped guests on and off safely.

Epcot is my fav

Re: prob. not breaking down

Originally posted by mkepcotmgmak
the ride prob. isn't breaking down...
I have been stuck in that room more than once, but it is usually becuase they have to stop the system to allow handicapped guests on and off safely.

you beat me to it...exactly it just happens to be that a handicapped person is getting on when ur in the room....its a great room.....i love the swinging instruments

ClopinFan

Madame Leota's Table

Just to let you know. When in the Haunted Mansion do not climb out of your doombuggie when going around Madame Leota's table. The reason--the table is on a scaffolding and there is a 20 foot drop. Of course there is a net to catch all you daredevils out there.

iheartdisney91

ok let me educate yall, a seance is when you try to conntact the dead, if you follow correctly then some spirits will respond. thats what leota is doing usually you have more than one person in a seance so you make a circle(if your talking about the ride its where leota is) so yeah.

i know because of me and my friends lets just say i'm connected to this sort of stuff
HOPE THIS HELPS!!:wave:

thecompman

fyi -

leota was one of the imagineers who helped to create the attraction... this was her real name and her real face, but not her real voice... i beleive her voice was used elsewhere in the park, but not sure where....

got this info while on the keys to the kingdom tour last week so it should be accurate....

Her real voice is used at the end of the ride for Little Leota, the small figure in a wedding dress that says "Hurry Back..."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom