Sea of Yellow (rain coats)

Just got back from a week at my second home. I've have gone the same week in June for the past 6 years and have never seen so much rain in one week. Of course, now that i'm gone it will probably quit. I know FL needed rain but why my vacation week.

Anyway, here's my point. With the first few raindrops, the parks turn into a sea of yellow raincoats. WDW sells yellow ones, every once in a while, you'd see a blue Universal one. During this time, i've have never seen so many lost kids looking for their parents. I heard one kid say, "Yeah, my mom and dad are wearing yellow rain coats" Sure, them and 2 million other people.

My suggestion, if you have kids (mine are 11 and 5), take your own raincoats and make sure are some other color than yellow. That way you can spot you kids and they can see you. But hopefully you wont have any rain........

Just a suggestion...........

s25843

For all you guys complaining about the FL weather, live in MA for a month.
Here is how our weekend forecast has been

Wednesday Thursday Friday Sat. Sun
Sunny Cloudy Rain Rain Rain
HIGH 76 65 55 50 50
LOW 60 60 35 40 40

You guys just get rain, we get rain and freezing cold temps!!

Then late Sunday it clears up and it is 80 out (It happened just like that this past weekend!

Heheh and my friends wonder why I travel to Delray Beach so much

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Originally posted by s25843
For all you guys complaining about the FL weather, live in MA for a month.
Here is how our weekend forecast has been

Wednesday Thursday Friday Sat. Sun
Sunny Cloudy Rain Rain Rain
HIGH 76 65 55 50 50
LOW 60 60 35 40 40

You guys just get rain, we get rain and freezing cold temps!!

Then late Sunday it clears up and it is 80 out (It happened just like that this past weekend!

Heheh and my friends wonder why I travel to Delray Beach so much

I hate MA.....:rolleyes: ....but its getting hot again.....and then it will get cold..and then it will rain.....cause its MA....and I live there....and I'm cursed....:rolleyes: :lookaroun

Upvote 0

s25843

Originally posted by disneydudette

I hate MA.....:rolleyes: ....but its getting hot again.....and then it will get cold..and then it will rain.....cause its MA....and I live there....and I'm cursed....:rolleyes: :lookaroun

If we didnt want to put up with the weather, then we wouldnt live in the Northeast.
Hhehe its somthing that sadly we just have to live with

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Yea Phreek, you're right. HISTK playground was closed as well as Fantasmic when it rained. Didn't go to the backlot tour so i dont know about that. BTW, i got a great picture at the "Singing in the Rain Umbrella" and i didnt need the sprinklers.:hammer:

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Does it flood in Florida very often? I live in Illinois..not too far from StLouis and we get floods every few years...floods high enough to shut down major highways, bridges over the Mississippi etc...so the Florida rains haven't ever slowed us down. We flew down May 25-June3rd and we had to drive two hours out of our way to get to the StL airport because parts of the bridges were underwater...The Mississippi is still 16 ft above her normal water level but the roads drivable....I just wondered if Disney had problems with major flooding in this type of unusual rain.

Oh and we did buy some ponchos for the strollers, never lost one while we were gone either...

Hey Rob...what ride? Also with that type of "rain experience" you could get a job as a "letter carrier" with the post office...nothing like walking five miles in a thunderstorm,45 degrees outside, wet shoes & socks, soaked clothes and then get yelled at by some people because....
"their mail is WET!" Well duh...some people just dont think beyond their own immediate needs~

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
When the weather sevice issues a "flood warning" here, it is usually only for a few hours or so, and the waters generally recede shortly after the rain stops. It's just dangerous for motorists and pedestrians who underestimate the depth and power of flood waters.

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
Why do you think I moved here from New England? ;) I'll take the chance of an ocassional hurricane, tornado, or flood (all of which also hit the NE) to be guaranteed NO (well, hardly any) snow and only a few days of freezing weather every year!

Upvote 0

disneydudette

Originally posted by The Mom
Why do you think I moved here from New England? ;) I'll take the chance of an ocassional hurricane, tornado, or flood (all of which also hit the NE) to be guaranteed NO (well, hardly any) snow and only a few days of freezing weather every year!

Yea but if I moved away....I'd miss the seasons....here we have winter, spring, summer, and fall

there u have...hot, hotter, hottest,and DANGER! :lol:

I'd miss my snow days:cry:

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
No No No...our Winters here in NE Florida are like New England's fall & spring combined, and it doesn't get "hot" until May, then starts cooling off (70s-low 80s)in late October. Does it ever get cold enough to light the fireplace and curl up with a good book? YES! We have about 6-10 hard freezes a year. Is there ever enough ice and snow to interfere with plans....only once in 20 years...although it has "snowed" at least half a dozen times here...it usually melts as it hits the ground. Our first Christmas here was 80, our second was 11. You never know. Our White Christmas was in 1989.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Gee Mom don't you miss getting off of work and trying to get in your car...but you cant because it is completely covered in 1/2 inch of ice? LOL~ I would miss sledding with the kids, snowball fights and snow angels..but my kids are 2 & 6 now so I have the fun with them...if I didn't have them...then...I would be off to Florida ..if I won the lottery~

Upvote 0

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't miss the ice at all!

As for the rest, that's what ski vacations are for! ;) After a week of getting them in and out of snowsuits, boots, mittens, etc. I'm ready to go home.

Upvote 0

scherdin1

I agree with you Mom! Florida is the BEST for me. Of course, I am a warm weather person. I freeze when the temp. gets below 50 degrees. We still have fires in our fireplace, etc. Where in NE Fla. do you live. I'm near Tally!

Kay:wave:

Upvote 0

figmentmom

When we eventually move to Florida (and I can't wait!!! - got a ways to go before retirement, though), if I wax nostalgic for snow and fir trees, I will look at a New England calendar! THAT will take care it.:lol:

Upvote 0

s25843

I probally wont ever *officially* move to FL, but every year for the winter I move our boat down to Delray Beach. It is a GREAT excuse to fly down every other weekend (and throw in a couple WDW trips here and there) just to visit our boat! Hehehe

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom