SDMT What will the normal wait be?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Silly me. I must be wrong about the hourly ride capacity because you "have a feeling."

Want to know why people who actually know what they're talking about don't share real information here? Because of people like you (and the majority of the rest of the regular posters) who ONLY accept the answers *they want to hear* based on nothing but their own misinformed opinions, while at the same time sheeping to false "insider" idols who have NO idea what they're talking about (see: posts claiming Seven Dwarfs Mine Train capacity will be between 600-800 people per hour). So take this as an eye-opener: your "opinion" on fact doesn't matter. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train hourly capacity is literally three times that of Peter Pan's Flight. If you want to spread your Doom & Gloom, go right ahead - but it doesn't change the simple fact that the capacity is huge for a smaller-scale family roller coaster. Yes, it will have that "new ride shine" that draws more people in this year than it will next year, but that doesn't change the simple fact that the ride can handle massive lines in an extremely efficient manner.

So, to put an end to your speculation - no - it is not entirely possible I am wrong. Because I am correct.
What is the hourly ride capacity of Mine Train going to be?

GrumpyFan

Hourly capacity/throughput aside, you also have to try and figure in guest demand/desire and re-rides. With the ride being new, MANY will want to ride it, and will be willing to wait. Then you have re-rides, where people will get back in line to ride again, further increasing demand. This in comparison to Peter Pan, where a lot of guests might not be willing to wait and ride again, or might even avoid riding at all if the wait exceeds 45-60 minutes. In short, it's not an apples to apples comparison.

I'm going to guess that waits throughout the summer will probably run close to 120 minutes for most of the day, then once summer has passed it will average between 45-60 minutes, similar to Everest. Hopefully though, this will help balance out the park's big attractions, decreasing their wait times just a bit.

So, while it may be a "people eater", as some might say, that doesn't automatically equate to a short wait time. If the demand exceeds the attractions' ability to consume in an adequate time frame, the waits will be longer. That's just simple math.

Last edited:

dvitali

When i got to the park this morning disney already posted 240 minutes with the line already down by storybook circus. When i got by the entrance it drop to 120. But i also look at my watch when i got in line it was 6:20 am, when i got off it excatly 7 am so it took me 40 minutes to ride. As i pass by during the day i saw a low of 45 and a high of 75 minutes as of 9 pm.

RSoxNo1

You can't tell? Let me clear it up for you: I am not. You are entirely wrong. Peter Pan's Flight has a hourly ride capacity at literally ONE THIRD that of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. So no - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will not have "double Peter Pan's Flight" wait times on an average day.

Silly me. I must be wrong about the hourly ride capacity because you "have a feeling."

Want to know why people who actually know what they're talking about don't share real information here? Because of people like you (and the majority of the rest of the regular posters) who ONLY accept the answers *they want to hear* based on nothing but their own misinformed opinions, while at the same time sheeping to false "insider" idols who have NO idea what they're talking about (see: posts claiming Seven Dwarfs Mine Train capacity will be between 600-800 people per hour). So take this as an eye-opener: your "opinion" on fact doesn't matter. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train hourly capacity is literally three times that of Peter Pan's Flight. If you want to spread your Doom & Gloom, go right ahead - but it doesn't change the simple fact that the capacity is huge for a smaller-scale family roller coaster. Yes, it will have that "new ride shine" that draws more people in this year than it will next year, but that doesn't change the simple fact that the ride can handle massive lines in an extremely efficient manner.

So, to put an end to your speculation - no - it is not entirely possible I am wrong. Because I am correct.

If they can dispatch once every 60 seconds that would give the ride a max capacity of 1200 per hour, that assumes every seat is filled so probably less in reality. Getting the dispatch down to every 45 seconds would up the capacity to 1600.

Peter Pan's Flight hourly capacity is around 1,100 riders per hour. (Source: http://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/fastpass)

I believe a few of our respected members including @danlb_2000 had done the math earlier and 7DMT could average 1200 riders per hour (if dispatch is 60 sec) 1600 riders per hour (if dispatch is 45 sec) etc.

This debunks your Peter Pan's Flight is "ONE-THIRD" the hourly capacity of 7DMT theory.

Popularity of the ride is a variable you can't account with statistics yet. You can only predict. I predict it will be popular, especially for the next few months, which means expect long lines.

I've got Peter Pan at 1100-1200 per hour
The reports on day one of mine train had it at around 1440. I suspect that Mine train can get up to 1600-1700.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom