SDMT What will the normal wait be?

Bocabear

You can't tell? Let me clear it up for you: I am not. You are entirely wrong. Peter Pan's Flight has a hourly ride capacity at literally ONE THIRD that of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. So no - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will not have "double Peter Pan's Flight" wait times on an average day.
It is entirely possible that you are entirely wrong... Guest demand for this ride is going to be extremely high for quite a long time...so people eater or not, it will be extremely popular and I am sure guests will want to ride it more than once...if Mermaid can pull 2 to 3 hour waits, this one is going to be extremely popular too.

csm

It is entirely possible that you are entirely wrong... Guest demand for this ride is going to be extremely high for quite a long time...so people eater or not, it will be extremely popular and I am sure guests will want to ride it more than once...if Mermaid can pull 2 to 3 hour waits, this one is going to be extremely popular too.

Silly me. I must be wrong about the hourly ride capacity because you "have a feeling."

Want to know why people who actually know what they're talking about don't share real information here? Because of people like you (and the majority of the rest of the regular posters) who ONLY accept the answers *they want to hear* based on nothing but their own misinformed opinions, while at the same time sheeping to false "insider" idols who have NO idea what they're talking about (see: posts claiming Seven Dwarfs Mine Train capacity will be between 600-800 people per hour). So take this as an eye-opener: your "opinion" on fact doesn't matter. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train hourly capacity is literally three times that of Peter Pan's Flight. If you want to spread your Doom & Gloom, go right ahead - but it doesn't change the simple fact that the capacity is huge for a smaller-scale family roller coaster. Yes, it will have that "new ride shine" that draws more people in this year than it will next year, but that doesn't change the simple fact that the ride can handle massive lines in an extremely efficient manner.

So, to put an end to your speculation - no - it is not entirely possible I am wrong. Because I am correct.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Silly me. I must be wrong about the hourly ride capacity because you "have a feeling."

Want to know why people who actually know what they're talking about don't share real information here? Because of people like you (and the majority of the rest of the regular posters) who ONLY accept the answers *they want to hear* based on nothing but their own misinformed opinions, while at the same time sheeping to false "insider" idols who have NO idea what they're talking about (see: posts claiming Seven Dwarfs Mine Train capacity will be between 600-800 people per hour). So take this as an eye-opener: your "opinion" on fact doesn't matter. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train hourly capacity is literally three times that of Peter Pan's Flight. If you want to spread your Doom & Gloom, go right ahead - but it doesn't change the simple fact that the capacity is huge for a smaller-scale family roller coaster. Yes, it will have that "new ride shine" that draws more people in this year than it will next year, but that doesn't change the simple fact that the ride can handle massive lines in an extremely efficient manner.

So, to put an end to your speculation - no - it is not entirely possible I am wrong. Because I am correct.
Yes, but at what (besides being a rude prat) is still in question....

danlb_2000

Premium Member

What is the capacity of the mine ride?

Tom

Beta Return
You can't tell? Let me clear it up for you: I am not. You are entirely wrong. Peter Pan's Flight has a hourly ride capacity at literally ONE THIRD that of Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. So no - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train will not have "double Peter Pan's Flight" wait times on an average day.

This is fantastic news!

So, Peter Pan's wait time is 40 minutes right now (OK, this could be entirely false since I'm using my inside source of the My Disney Experience app to determine this), so that means if 7DMT were operational today, the wait time would only be 13 minutes!!!!!

Attention Everyone: You DO NOT need to get a Fastpass+ for 7DMT. It will essentially be a walk-on due to it's record-setting capacity. This is going to put BTMR's capacity (and current wait time of 50 minutes) to shame!

I'm so happy we had the 7DMT's lead systems engineer here to help clear this up.

spacemt354

Chili's

First off, what you quoted "double Peter Pan's Flight" the poster never said. You quoted him using words that skew his message to make it sound like something else.

What he actually said was...

"Well over an hour on an average attendance day. If Peter Pan can see 40-60 minute wait times on a routine basis, this could easily be double that."

This is a hypothetical thread, and he gave a hypothetical answer. And I agree with it.

cw1982

This is fantastic news!

So, Peter Pan's wait time is 40 minutes right now (OK, this could be entirely false since I'm using my inside source of the My Disney Experience app to determine this), so that means if 7DMT were operational today, the wait time would only be 13 minutes!!!!!

Attention Everyone: You DO NOT need to get a Fastpass+ for 7DMT. It will essentially be a walk-on due to it's record-setting capacity. This is going to put BTMR's capacity (and current wait time of 50 minutes) to shame!

I'm so happy we had the 7DMT's lead systems engineer here to help clear this up.

Considering that fastpass selections and availability are indicating that Peter Pan is not nearly as in demand at 7DMT, I'd say that even with a higher ride capacity, wait times that are equal to PP or even longer are absolutely probable.

PS- love the sarcasm, @Tom :)

Bocabear

Ride capacity aside, you cannot predict the popularity of this ride and therefore extrapolate exactly what you think the wait times will be. Your posts are always condescending a rude ...not sure why you think you know absolutely everything, but your tone makes you sound more ignorant than wise...
Be kind, be respectful....your tone is uncalled for.

wannab@dis

Of course the hourly capacity will play into the wait times, but it's only one factor. It's a brand new attraction so the popularity will be a major factor. Crowd flows, FP distribution, time of day, and new CMs will also be factors in the wait time. Even if the ride has an theoretical capacity, that doesn't mean it will always be at 100% efficiency. My gut feeling is this attraction will be at the top of the list for wait times with other major attractions in the park.

dstrawn9889

@Bocabear ignore him, the little sheep seems to be combative and delusional (well more delusional in a way that a dictator is), cannot have any dissension with his opinion, and no you cannot have a different one than he, even when he has not yet weighed in on a subject.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is fantastic news!

You know things are bad when @Tom starts getting sarcastic with someone. ;)

danlb_2000

Premium Member
it takes about a minute to load eg Pull up on handle bars push down on handle bars and then were off.

If they can dispatch once every 60 seconds that would give the ride a max capacity of 1200 per hour, that assumes every seat is filled so probably less in reality. Getting the dispatch down to every 45 seconds would up the capacity to 1600.

spacemt354

Chili's

Peter Pan's Flight hourly capacity is around 1,100 riders per hour. (Source: http://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/fastpass)

I believe a few of our respected members including @danlb_2000 had done the math earlier and 7DMT could average 1200 riders per hour (if dispatch is 60 sec) 1600 riders per hour (if dispatch is 45 sec) etc.

This debunks your Peter Pan's Flight is "ONE-THIRD" the hourly capacity of 7DMT theory.

Popularity of the ride is a variable you can't account with statistics yet. You can only predict. I predict it will be popular, especially for the next few months, which means expect long lines.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Peter Pan's Flight hourly capacity is around 1,100 riders per hour. (Source: http://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/fastpass)

I believe a few of our respected members including @danlb_2000 had done the math earlier and 7DMT could average 1200 riders per hour (if dispatch is 60 sec) 1600 riders per hour (if dispatch is 45 sec) etc.

This debunks your Peter Pan's Flight is "ONE-THIRD" the hourly capacity of 7DMT theory.

Popularity of the ride is a variable you can't account with statistics yet. You can only predict. I predict it will be popular, especially for the next few months, which means expect long lines.

A calm and reasonable presentation of the facts will get you no where, throw in a few accusations of people being sheep, then I might start to listen to you. ;)

Tom

Beta Return
You know things are bad when @Tom starts getting sarcastic with someone. ;)

Indeed. I try to stay somewhat tactful and professional....but sometimes trolls get the better of me. You should see the text I deleted before hitting Post :p

In all seriousness, waits are going to be obscene for several months after it opens. Aside from the height restriction, this ride will be accessible to a larger range of guests than any that have opened in the past several years.

And once the newness wears off, I predict wait times rivaling those of BTMR and Peter Pan. The ride is extremely visible and will be loved by families.

doctornick

20 seconds might be low, but if they want to have five trains running they have to load in around 30 seconds. The mine ride is only 2:39 long, so if it took 2 minutes to load they would only be able to run two trains at once.
30 second load times doesn't seem unreasonable to me with different unload/load stations. Unless I'm misunderstanding, that would indicate 30 seconds at unload, then the empty vehicle moves, then 30 seconds at load. And would allow for 3 trains to be on the actual ride track running at a time.

That seems conceivable to me. 30 seconds is a long time to get people in a vehicle and then to put on any restraints.

I'm not expecting this to be a "people eater" in the same way an Omnimover is, but it should have decent capacity. Of course, there will likely be heavy FP+ usage/redemption, which will slow down the standby line for a while.

Last edited:

Tom

Beta Return
30 second load times doesn't seem unreasonable to me with different unload/load stations. Unless I'm misunderstanding, that would indicate 30 seconds at unload, then the empty vehicle moves, then 30 seconds at load. And would allow for 3 trains to be on the actual ride track running at a time.

That seems conceivable to me. 30 seconds is a long time to get people in a vehicle and then to put on any restraints.

I'm not expecting this to be a "people eater" in the same way an Omnimover is, but it should have decent capacity. Of course, there will likely be heavy FP+ usage/redemption, which will slow down the standby line for a while.

Indeed. 30 seconds is a LONG time, relatively speaking. If you just sit and stare at the wall for 30 seconds, it seems like forever. Do that and close your eyes and visualize the loading process. 2 seconds for the gates to open, 5 seconds to walk to the car and get in, 15 seconds tops to have 2 or 3 CMs check all the restraints. Still under 30 seconds.

And if you split unload and load into two platforms, the efficiency increases tremendously.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Indeed. 30 seconds is a LONG time, relatively speaking. If you just sit and stare at the wall for 30 seconds, it seems like forever. Do that and close your eyes and visualize the loading process. 2 seconds for the gates to open, 5 seconds to walk to the car and get in, 15 seconds tops to have 2 or 3 CMs check all the restraints. Still under 30 seconds.

And if you split unload and load into two platforms, the efficiency increases tremendously.

I found one video on YouTube that shows the load time for Big Thunder, as a comparison, and this one case was 40 seconds from the time the person stepped into the car to the time it started to move. So I think 30 seconds is feasible, but in practice the average may be higher.

Tom

Beta Return
I found one video on YouTube that shows the load time for Big Thunder, as a comparison, and this one case was 40 seconds from the time the person stepped into the car to the time it started to move. So I think 30 seconds is feasible, but in practice the average may be higher.

Could part of it been from waiting for the next train to clear the block? Or was it all loading?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom