Scrapbooking question

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
Ok, so I take a TON of pictures on our WDW trips, this past trip I took just over 750. My wife suggested to give scrapbooking a try, and at first I thought, are you nuts? But the more I looked into it, it looks like a fun hobby. So, all you scrapbooking pro's out there, I need a hand...any good websites out there that have good Disney/vacation/travel scrapbooking supplies? I have looked at the stuff at the parks, and prices looked reasonable, compared to the very limited websites I've been able to get to, so far. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
:wave:

micmous

I have been scrapbooking for almost 4 years now and I really like the Creative Memories products. They have two different sized albums, paper, and stickers. I am not sure if you have a Hobby Lobby or Archievers in your area, but they have some nice items also. I hope this helps. Happy Scrapping!:wave:

santa's surpriz

Creative Memories is the best in the biz. You can go to their local website and find a consultant in your area. He/She will give you the basics, plus most do the memory keepers club to earn free product. Their books are the easiest to add pages to, plus they have great Disney coversets. The cutting system is the easiest to use, especially as a beginner. The have also gotten into digital scrapbooking. Good luck, scrapbooking is addictive!

happymom52003

Creative Memories is a great place to start. I learned how to scrapbook from a Creative Memories consultant after getting OVERWHELMED when I walked into a scrapbook store (I now love scrapbook stores, but as a beginner you are lost in one!)! Their albums and tools (especially their cutting systme) are the best quality out there, IMO. I loved it so much, I became a CM constultant for about a year, and then went back to being a customer. I highly suggest you find a consultant....I promise you wont be sorry!
CM does have a few disney items that are great (including a Disney album). Hobby Lobby is my favorite store for getting Disney stickers, but online stores have a bigger selection. I really like addictedtoscrapbooking.com. Here is a link to their disney stickers. http://www.addictedtoscrapbooking.com/productlist
It is so much fun reliving your WDW trip when you make your scrapbook!

Coree

I agree with others that Creative Memories is a good start. Once I got going though I found that I wanted a lot more embellishments and things like that that CM doesn't offer. I definitely hit Hobby Lobby for lots of scrapbooking supplies now. Here's the URL for a good Disney scrapbooking supplies Web site: http://www.mousememories.com/default.aspx.

woodsjen99

A WONDERFUL website is twopeasinabucket.com. You can search there tags for disney pages. There are hundreds and hundreds. You can save the ones you like in your own folder. I use this site all the time.
I never used Creative Memories. I did not like the look. I just started going to the local scrapbook store and making my own style. Stores now have lots of classes to give you tips. Some are even Disney classes. Good luck sorting through all those pictures. Last year I took over 700, and we are going back in 3 days and I plan on taking a lot of picutres again!!

ljs1691

To answer your question,(as Coree posted) Mouse Memories is a favorite for a few of us here on the boards. She has the largest selection available in one place. I would definitely check it out first.

Now, While I agree Creative Memories is good for beginners, you might also consider checking your local chain i.e. Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Joann, ACMoore, etc. Many of these stores have classes from beginners to more advanced scrapbookers. Also, a good local scrapbook store (locally owned) will be more than willing to find someone to work with you to get you started without overwhelming you.

A trip to the library or bookstore would also be a great place to start. There are several how to books on the market as well. There is even a Scrapbooking for Dummies if you think it would help.

And finally, pick up a magazine or two. Simple Scrapbooks might be a good one to start with. There are so many on the market these days you could buy a stack of magazines big enough to keep you busy for a week.

Good Luck and Welcome!:wave:
Laurie

Disneyfalcon

I'll second mousememories.com for disney products and twopeasinabucket for disney ideas.

Now that all these scrapbookers are coming out of the woodwork, come and join us in the scrapbooking forum! We have great weekly challenges and idea threads!!:sohappy:

eagles

welcome to the world of scrapbooking!!!!!!!!!!

i have never done paper scrapbooking with disney pages, so take all of the above posters advice.

i have recently got into digital scrapbooking, and i love it. my favorite site is
digital scrapbook place.

good luck and most of all have fun with it!!!!!!!!!!

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
Right here on these forums we have a dedicated scrapbooking section---I would start there.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=114

I know your feeling---I just got back two weeks ago with 1616 pictures....I've got to get started on my scrapbook!
Yeesh...I thought I took a lot of pics! I wasn't even trying to take lots of pics this time, just kind of happened.

You guys rock, thanks for the help. I didnt realize there was a section just for scrapbooking here!

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
Since getting back on the 12th, I've been taking my time collecting supplies. I have a pretty good start. I'm using a bunch of stuff that I saved (plane tickets, CBR map, fastpasses, resort cards, etc), and think I'm ready to start to put, at least a few pages together. I'm going to take my time, and with my work schedule, may take longer, but as soon as I'm done, I'll post a few pics of my progress for you guys to check out and give some suggestions.
thanks again!
(i may be a satly ole' pirate, but like a good challenge!):wave:

trose61

Welcome! I'm a relative newbie here myself. :)

I took over 800 photos on our last trip to Disney, so I know how you feel about wanting to do something with them.

My Mom got me started and then she quit scrapbooking. I'm still at it. I would suggest if your local scrapbook store has classes, take them it will help. I'm actually planning to take some because I think it will help out a lot and I've been doing it a while.

I've heard great things about Creative Memories and I actually have some stuff from them that Mom gave me that I use a lot. Unfortunately that didn't include those tape runners everyone talks about! ;)

For Disney stuff, I've actually bought some things on eBay. I just searched Disney scrapbooking and came up with quite a lot.

Tami

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
Thanks for the encouragement. There aren't too many guys that have an interest in this stuff, but, I don't really care! My wife offers a lot of encouragement, as well. I may be ready to post a few pics in the next few days. I've been working on a few pages today and it's going well...
darrin:wave:

celticdog

Thanks for the encouragement. There aren't too many guys that have an interest in this stuff, but, I don't really care!

You are so right. There aren't many of us. I've been scrapbooking since 1999. The Girlfriend is really big into it. She's even a Creative Memories rep. I use it as an ends to a means. I have vacation specific scrapbooks. I use the albums to get all the pictures and "stuff" into one place. I also tend to break the "rules" of scrapbooking. I'm a guy, what can I say. My albums have a more masculine slant. I tend to cut with scissors and an Xacto knife. I use tapes, glues and spray adhesives. I don't always use sheet protectors, since many of my pages are interactive. I do pages within a page, meaning you can open up maps, you can flip items over to read the backs, you can pull objects and items out of sleeves.

To find scrapbook supplies I use places like Ben Franklin stores, Micheals Craft stores, plus a few local scrapbook specific stores. I even surf the web looking for items I can print. My tools are primitive; One pair of scissors, half a dozen different knifes, circle and shape templates, a compass, triangles, straight edges, and a scale (ruler).

I just make fun and do my own thing.

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
You are so right. There aren't many of us. I've been scrapbooking since 1999. The Girlfriend is really big into it. She's even a Creative Memories rep. I use it as an ends to a means. I have vacation specific scrapbooks. I use the albums to get all the pictures and "stuff" into one place. I also tend to break the "rules" of scrapbooking. I'm a guy, what can I say. My albums have a more masculine slant. I tend to cut with scissors and an Xacto knife. I use tapes, glues and spray adhesives. I don't always use sheet protectors, since many of my pages are interactive. I do pages within a page, meaning you can open up maps, you can flip items over to read the backs, you can pull objects and items out of sleeves.

To find scrapbook supplies I use places like Ben Franklin stores, Micheals Craft stores, plus a few local scrapbook specific stores. I even surf the web looking for items I can print. My tools are primitive; One pair of scissors, half a dozen different knifes, circle and shape templates, a compass, triangles, straight edges, and a scale (ruler).

I just make fun and do my own thing.
That's awesome! Believe it or not, I had been thinking about those kinds of ideas while we were on our last trip! I've found it to be very relaxing, more than anything else. It also has kept the memories of this trip continually stiring in my head!
Thanks for the encouragement! As soon as my work schedule eases up, I'll be able to finish my first 4 pages. they're about 1/2 done now. Working on an ambulance allows me the chance to check out a ton of stores in the area, and I've been finding a ton of ideas, while trying to not go overboard. Soon as I'm done, I'll post the pages (at least I'll try to post them!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom