Sci-fi restaurant.

DisneyGigi

We are eating there for lunch Sunday. I am not really expecting anything grand as far as the food goes but the kids want to do it just for the atmosphere. Burgers and fries are fine and as long as they will leave the Thousand Island dressing off the Reuben then DH will be happy too. (He swears by the mustard/mayo mix instead) :lol:

LisaG23

:ROFLOL:well the sci-fi has a great theme behind it, the food is definately lacking in my opnion. I have gone to sci-fi once a year since 2007 and 2 out if the 3 times there it was not up to par. not good odds in my opinion....but you dont really go for the food as much as the experience so i say give it a try, no one can decide for you......

PattyBell

Original Poster
Thanks everybody...I really want to go there. And I will follow yours instructions and order burgers and fries and onions rings. Since we'll be going for lunch I think we'll be fine.

It can't be worse than our april lunch at the ABC comi...something (can't remember)...that was terrible, the worst I have ever eaten.

Thanks to all of you.

obrienIII

I say at least try it once, or that is what my sister told me before I took my 2 daughters there for lunch back in May. My girls really enjoyed Sci-Fi, and when I started planning our trip at the end of January they both said they wanted to go back. Maybe we'll see you there. Here are a few pics from our lunch.
syd32.jpg
kel39.jpg
kel38.jpg

While I would not say that the food at Sci-Fi is the best I've ever had while at WDW, it is certainly not the worst. The food is on the better side of acceptable. By that I mean, it's enjoyable but maybe not overly exciting. Last time I had the ribs and some kind of peanut butter/chocolate cake. Just average but it certainly filled me up.

The atmosphere? That's why Sci-Fi is great. It's just a cool, different place to go. I've been 3 times now and I can't say that for many other WDW restaurants. Go and enjoy!

PattyBell

Original Poster
I say at least try it once, or that is what my sister told me before I took my 2 daughters there for lunch back in May. My girls really enjoyed Sci-Fi, and when I started planning our trip at the end of January they both said they wanted to go back. Maybe we'll see you there. Here are a few pics from our lunch.
syd32.jpg
kel39.jpg
kel38.jpg

Nice pictures....Do you think that 2 girls of 6 y will like the movies they play there? Is it scary?

We have reservations for january 24, and you?

I´m so excited to eat there....

PattyBell

Original Poster
While I would not say that the food at Sci-Fi is the best I've ever had while at WDW, it is certainly not the worst. The food is on the better side of acceptable. By that I mean, it's enjoyable but maybe not overly exciting. Last time I had the ribs and some kind of peanut butter/chocolate cake. Just average but it certainly filled me up.

The atmosphere? That's why Sci-Fi is great. It's just a cool, different place to go. I've been 3 times now and I can't say that for many other WDW restaurants. Go and enjoy!

I always wanted to try eating there, but never was able to get an ADR.
Now that I planned everything with lot of time ahead I got all my ADR´s.

We are taking newbies and they an my DH are not a huge fan of burgers, that is why I´m worried...

Disney99

Sci Fi

Glad to hear that everyone has mostly positive responses. DW34, DH34, DD11 and DS 8 will be going there for lunch in Dec 09. The kids are really looking forward to it and I was dreading it alittle. We haven't heard alot of great things about the restaurant. Our rule is we always try aleast 5 new restaurants when we go! I'll let you know the official outcome!

lebeau

Nice pictures....Do you think that 2 girls of 6 y will like the movies they play there? Is it scary?

We have reservations for january 24, and you?

I´m so excited to eat there....

The movies clips are just silly by today's standards. I've seen scarier stuff on Cartoon Network. If your kids can handle Billy and Mandy, this stuff is a walk in the park.

It's clips from things like the Blob, Plan 9 from Outer Space and Attack of teh 50 Foot Woman. Very silly. Wouldn't scare your average toddler.

Phonedave

For me the food is meh. Nothing special. Lunch is passable, dinner worse.

The atmosphere does not thrill me. Why?

1) I don't like the seating. I like to face the people I am eating with. Not sit behind (or in front of) them like I am in, well, a car.

2) For that matter eating in a car does not thrill me either.

3) This is a personal problem that not everyone will have. I am 6'4" - folding myself into one of those cars is no treat.

Yes - I know there are the picnic tables, but if you are going to sit there, whats the point.

4) The film loop gets old very quickly. How many times can you watch the same 7 minutes of clips over and over again.

Now, if they did something like Jackrabbit Slim's - that I would go for. I would ever buy a five dollar shake :)

-dave

Mouse Man

Honestly the Sci-Fi is a very good Cheeseburger, Fries, and Onion rings joint. Add one of their thick milk shakes and it's even better. This is a great place for luch. The movies are funny and eating in the cars are great. A throw back to the 50's with class B Movie clips to boot. If your expecting Gourmet food then your at the wrong place. If your expecting better than McDonalds then your at the right place. The wife and I love this place and enjoy being cozy together in the car eating our food. Some people don't care for this and I understand that and others love it. It all depends what your in the mood for and what floats your boat. Now far as the prices on food I can not answer that. I am always on the Deluxe Dining plan and never pay attention to that. I would if every meal was coming out of my wallet right then and there.

Spinky

We went in January and had a great time the food was good the service was good and we were in and out in an Hour. The only down side is the the movie loop wasnt that long Id go it was fun :xmas:

Batphobic

Chiming in on this thread...

I will eat about anything - so I'm afraid I can't be trusted for a review on the food. All tasted great to me.

But what I love is the atmosphere. I know - you get "atmosphere" all around WDW... but this place is COOL. Just looks amazing inside with the cars, the stars on the ceiling, and the screen with the movie playing.

There was one thing that kinda bothered me that I didn't think about until we were sitting there eating. At any other restaurant it's a family thing - sit around a big table and talk. But at sci fi we're split up with 2 people on each bench of the car tables it ended up kinda making for somewhat of a split-up experience. Was difficult to talk to my kids in the seat in front of us, and difficult to talk to my wife behind me (had 4 kids with us).

But other than that I'd highly recommend it -- especially if maybe there's just two of you - then you sit together on one car seat bench thingy.

pcarathers

I always tell people try it for yourself and then you'll know.....I never take what others say for a fact. Everyone has different expectations and what some people may find mediocre, others may find excellent.....just depends on how you view things. We eat there every trip and have never had a bad experience. The atmosphere alone is worth it if you have kids..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom