Sci-fi restaurant.

PattyBell

Original Poster
Hi, we have reservations for lunch here at the end of january, but I have been reading some bad reviews. So, is it worth it or shiuld I cancel it?

I have never been there....

TomHendricks

I'm not going to reply to your actual question but to this kind of question. You will hear in general both bad and good experiences eating here. Except for a few places, this is the common response. I have eaten at places where people have thought it was awful and had a very good experience and I have eaten at places that friends love and had a really bad experience. I think it depends on the day, who is working and what the crowds are like.

I know this doesn't help you what so ever, but if there is a reason you think you want to go. I say stay with your reservations and see what bears out.

EpcotServo

Go! It's simply the best. Sci-Fi Drive in is a treat.

A lot of people don't care for the food, but personally if you find me AMAZING food for a DECENT price inside a WDW park, call me...I've lived here my whole life and gotten half-decent food at a ridiculous price at EVERY table service WDW restaurant I've been too. As long as you're ok with Burgers and some good fries, you'll have a great time.

EPCOTPluto

Go and have fun at Sci-Fi. The vintage clips are a hoot to watch, the atmosphere is authentic, and the food's great.

Especially the Reuben... :eek:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
It's fine at lunch, when you can get burgers and sandwiches (which they do well).

It's a disaster at dinner, when they try making regular entrees.

WDW_Emily

It's fine at lunch, when you can get burgers and sandwiches (which they do well).

Glad to hear that We also have lunch ressies in April and have only heard bad things but me and my sister who will be 13 think it would be awesome to eat in the cars so were going. Make sure to tell us all how it is!

reptar77

We really like the sci fi but you have to realistic expectations. The food is good not great.

We have only eaten there for lunch.

Jessie&Buzz

We ate lunch there on Oct 22. We loved it. My husband, dd and I had burgers and fries. My son had the kid's pizza. We all loved our food. DH and I had chocolate shakes that were so good. The kids both got the light up cups. We paid out of pocket for it instead of using dining credits. We felt that we could get a better value at a different resturant for those.

rsoxguy

The atmosphere is fantastic.
The food is mediocre.
The lunch is better than dinner.
I think it is definitely worth a try.

captain marvel1

just think you could do worse at kfc macdondalds burger king. food is food if you think the food is bad at the sci fi. go eat at the shades of green sports bar :hurl:

kstella

I love Sci-Fi! I'm craving one of their burgers now! Not a good place to carry on a conversation, but a really fun place to eat.

macsmom

I enjoy the Sci-Fi, I eat there each trip. Along with just about every suggestion listed above, try the onion rings. They were great. I also had ribs there once and they were very good. I even had the chili (I don't usually eat other people's chili but my own) and it was tasty. I think you'll have a great time!

danna

WDW 3

Like the food or not, it is unique and you should try it.
If you are going to try and only eat good food, good luck!
We shared the Reuben and it was good.
I think they served sweet potato fries with the kids meal.

dznygirl64

If you want good food go to 50 Primetime,Keep in mind Disneys food is horrible now but 50 chicken is still great just go early around 11 am when they open.

lebeau

The atmosphere is fantastic.
The food is mediocre.
The lunch is better than dinner.
I think it is definitely worth a try.

This is almost word for word what I was going to post.

It's definitely worth going once for the atmosphere. I like to go for dessert or a snack instead of a full meal. But if you do a full meal, lunch is the way to go.

Rob562

That's pretty much been my experience, too. It was the worst meal on our trip last September. Ordered the steak and it was pretty tough and overcooked (was on the verge of sending it back, which I have almost never done in any restaurant anywhere).

The previous time I'd been for dinner I had a pasta dish that was pretty good, though. And burgers and sandwiches at lunch have always been fine.

EDIT: Also forgot to mention that our server was a little off-putting in how he handled the ordering. He asked for the ENTIRE order all at once at the beginning of the meal (we were on the Dining Plan). It was like he was checking off each of the meal credit options for each of us and that was it. It just felt a bit odd (and rushed) to order that way.

-Rob

dznygirl64

I always thought there food menu was a little strange lately supposed to be a drive in and they serve steak.I think they would do better serving big burgers and such like a real drive in.Just go to 50 primetime and order the fried chicken and ask for green beans or corn.You can thank me later:sohappy:

Mouse Man

Sci-Fi for luch is great. Burger, Fries and thick shakes, Old Drive in experience playing those class B movie clips that some of us watched on Staurday nights on chiller. Simply love the luch dining experience.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom