Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
We are goin' to WDW in Sept.
We have heard bad reviews about their food.
We are not planning to eat a meal at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre, but we may want to get a milkshake or a drink there.
Has anyone had a milkshake or drink there?
:rolleyes:

raven

Sci-Fi is good for desserts or drinks. Stay away from the food. The ambiance is great and shouldn't be missed but that's about it. Hope this helps. :wave:

jesserin

We are goin' to WDW in Sept.
We have heard bad reviews about their food.
We are not planning to eat a meal at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre, but we may want to get a milkshake or a drink there.
Has anyone had a milkshake or drink there?
:rolleyes:

We like the food. :) The milkshakes are good and make a great dessert. But I'd say give the food a shot - it's our personal favorite of the MGM restaurants.

Cynderella

We like the food too but were simple in that we usually just get some onion rings and ceaser salads. :) But the atmosphere is soo neat. I didnt know you could go for just dessert but I dont see why you couldnt.

cooleo

No problem with the food here. We usually do this restaurant everytime we go because my son loves it so much. Have never found the food to be anything less than tasty & satisfying.:cool:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
No problem with the food here. We usually do this restaurant everytime we go because my son loves it so much. Have never found the food to be anything less than tasty & satisfying.:cool:

Totally agree. Never have had anything but great food and service at Sci Fi.

SPOERLX3

I agree, don't knock it till you try it!

We like the food. :) The milkshakes are good and make a great dessert. But I'd say give the food a shot - it's our personal favorite of the MGM restaurants.

We agree, SCI-FI is one of our favorites! Sci-Fi and 50's Prime Time are the only 2 that we go back to. Too bad neither of them are part of the Fantasmic dinner package, but I think the restaurants that they put on the Fantasmic dinner package are the ones that need a boost in sales. Give it a shot, I bet you will love it!

macsmom

I recommend the ribs, if they are on the menu. The food is good and the atmosphere is even better. First place I made reservations for for my upcoming trip.

danna

Pooh88

It is a must see at least once if you are sci-fi fans, The trailers of old sci-fi flicks are too fun. Prices are crazy though for the value.

lilclerk

http://allears.net/menu/menu_sci.htm

Ooh, looks like they now offer a cucumber-melon salad if you don't want fries. I LOVE me some french fries, but the ones there weren't that spectacular. I probably would have gotten the salad =)

We went on the DDP and they let me get a milkshake for my drink, and a sundae for dessert. That was the only ice cream I got on the entire trip, so I didn't feel TOO bad :slurp:

slappy magoo

I'm also not big on the food here. They make a tasty burger, but nothing else there appeals to me (and I'm not the type of person who will only eat burger whenever he can, either). They do have tasty desserts, though, and the ambience is fun.

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
Thanks for all the input.
I had heard so many bad reviews.
We'll probably go in late the evening of EMH & get some onion rings & a shake!
Thanks again!!!
:ROFLOL:

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
You can't go wrong with the onion rings and a shake. Have a great time and enjoy the movies! :cool:
I see that you are staying at the POR on your next trip.
Have you ever stayed there before?
We went last summer & it was great!
Got the Free DDP this year - goin' to POP Century in Sept.!
:sohappy:

MKCP 1985

I have stayed in the old Dixie Landings once, but never in the mansions section where we will be this time. I am looking forward to the new experience. We have most often stayed at Coronado Springs on recent trips and have been very pleased with every aspect, but decided to try something different "just because."

Have a great time in September! :wave:

ThinkTink721

Original Poster
I have stayed in the old Dixie Landings once, but never in the mansions section where we will be this time. I am looking forward to the new experience. We have most often stayed at Coronado Springs on recent trips and have been very pleased with every aspect, but decided to try something different "just because."

Have a great time in September! :wave:
We stayed in the Aligator Bayou section.
It is a little more rustic, but very quiet.
If you have kids, I heard it's the best section at POR.
Have fun!:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom