Sci-Fi Dine-In...tell me about it...

I went last year and loved it...I had the Penne Pasta with shrimp, it was great and they gave you alot so I had left overs...It would be a must-see on my list...Go for it!

silverboyd

Original Poster
thank you for all the good reviews. My fiance and I only have 2 days at the World as part of our honeymoon and we are only hitting up Magic Kingdom and MGM. We ate at 50's Prime Time last year and loved it. We were trying to think of somewhere else in MGM that was fun. We have the dining plan, so I dont think that food cost is much of a problem. :sohappy:

slappy magoo

thank you for all the good reviews. My fiance and I only have 2 days at the World as part of our honeymoon and we are only hitting up Magic Kingdom and MGM. We ate at 50's Prime Time last year and loved it. We were trying to think of somewhere else in MGM that was fun. We have the dining plan, so I dont think that food cost is much of a problem. :sohappy:

Well, if I can make a suggestion...Sci-Fi's desserts are nicer than their meals, for the most part. If you're planning to pay for one meal out of pocket anyway, have a lunch at Sci-Fi, it's cheaper than dinner, and the burgers (which are only on the lunch menu) are probably your best bet. If you're NOT planning on eating 3 meals a day, have your counter-service lunch, try to get a dessert than you can save and eat later, and make reservations at Sci-Fi just for dessert. You'll get the ambience, save some money, eat better food (elsewhere), and you'll get out of there sooner so someone else will unexpectedly get a table. It's win-win.

bayoutinkbelle

It's a must-do for us and our friends. We usually hit it for lunch, although I've done dinner there once. Again, the atmosphere is great. I love the cheesy factor and, being a huge Mystery Science Theater 3000 fan, it's a laugh to see some of the films spoofed on that show featured in the reels.

I can't wait to return in October for my burger, fries and a shake (great shake!). :slurp:

ThinkTink721

We have never been there either.
My father-in-law loves sci-fi films, so we are going there as a treat for him.
We are planning to make it a late night snack on the night of EMH at the DS.
Maybe get some onion rings & shakes! :slurp:
:D :wave:

brianhorn

Every time we visit Disney, the kids want to go to sci-fi. The food is ok and the atmosphere is great. Our favorite is bomas and I would rate 50's primetime higher then sci-fi. Defiantly try it!

lilclerk

The food at 50s Prime Time is definitely better, but I love the ambiance at the Sci Fi! It's my favorite restaurant in WDW, and I have to go every trip.
I say you should at least try it for yourself once. If you don't like it, don't go next time. Go for lunch (it's cheaper anyway,) get burgers and shakes, giggle at the goofy movie trailers. It's great =)

RayLaVeau

Ok...I love Hamburgers...I Love Sci-Fi...I love the Drive ins...So ,'I love The Sci Fi Diner, cool Idea, great atmosphere and Pretty good food, Price? A bit over the top, but hey...It's Disney Whaddya Expect...:)

Always eat there when I go.
Cant wait.
Ray

crassmonkey

I don't care what anyone says. I'm a huge Sci-Fi nerd, LOVE diner food, and am on the free dining package.

So I'm spending my BIRTHDAY DINNER there on Sept. 18th!!!!!! and I can't wait!! :p

chef_kristen

I have eaten there. The experience is really fun, i loved it, but being a chef i have eaten better food in other restaurants. I loved the atmosphere though.

EaglesFTW

ive eaten there once and thought it was decent the vinilla milk shake i had was awsome id go back but i think wanan try the 50s primetime next time i go though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom