Scentsy and Walt Disney World are bringing a new guest experience within Fantasyland in Magic Kingdom

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I am not allergic to scents. But I am very allergic to salespeople ambushing me in a theme park that I've spent a metric ton of money to visit. And the only medically-approved treatment is to complain often and loudly to Guest Relations. So we'll see.
I'm pretty sure it won't be a sales ambush. It'll be free samples along with a card and an order form/website QR code.

dovetail65

I am not allergic to scents. But I am very allergic to salespeople ambushing me in a theme park that I've spent a metric ton of money to visit. And the only medically-approved treatment is to complain often and loudly to Guest Relations. So we'll see.
I have never been ambushed from a salesperson for anything at Disney and I am betting I am top % of people for amount of visits for an out of stater.

Maybe I am the type that people walk the other way when they see me keeping these salespeople from approaching or speaking to me, who knows. It's been a non issue and I never even heard that from my family of Disney lovers either.

If it ever happened to me I wouldn't like it.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
This is interesting. I think I’d still personally lean towards Magic Candle Company.

I don’t know much about Scentsy, even though I live about 30 minutes from their headquarters. They do put out some nice walkthrough Christmas light displays on their campus green in the winter, though!

MrPromey

I have never been ambushed from a salesperson for anything at Disney and I am betting I am top % of people for amount of visits for an out of stater.

Maybe I am the type that people walk the other way when they see me keeping these salespeople from approaching or speaking to me, who knows. It's been a non issue and I never even heard that from my family of Disney lovers either.

If it ever happened to me I wouldn't like it.

If you look on this thread, there are reports of MLM drones* being set free in Fantasyland, to harass guests, recently.

I have a lot of snark ready to throw at this whole situation but in all seriousness, hopefully, whatever is going on right now, it's a temporary blip.

*I call 'em drones but having been sucked into this sort of thing once when I was really young, I have sympathy because for as annoying as the friends, family, coworkers and total strangers who push this kind of stuff are, they tend to be the actual victims. Most are desperately trying to move product just to break even on this thing they've gotten sucked into. "Multi-Level-Marketing" has many of the trappings of a cult, just substituting the false promise of financial freedom for enlightenment or eternal salvation although some would have you believe they offer a little of that, too.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

tenor.gif

dovetail65

If you look on this thread, there are reports of MLM drones* being set free in Fantasyland, to harass guests, recently.

I have a lot of snark ready to throw at this whole situation but in all seriousness, hopefully, whatever is going on right now, it's a temporary blip.

*I call 'em drones but having been sucked into this sort of thing once when I was really young, I have sympathy because for as annoying as the friends, family, coworkers and total strangers who push this kind of stuff are, they tend to be the actual victims. Most are desperately trying to move product just to break even on this thing they've gotten sucked into. "Multi-Level-Marketing" has many of the trappings of a cult, just substituting the false promise of financial freedom for enlightenment or eternal salvation although some would have you believe they offer a little of that, too.
It seem Disney has partnered with many MLM. MLM are not illegal becasue they are NOT pyramid schemes, still most people never make any money even hurting entire families. Why Disney feels they need do this I have no clue. Actually, we all know, it's about money.

Some people hear of these companies and if a salesperson says a word they are going to tell you they were harassed, when they were not, it is simply because of the company's name.

For the true harassment incidences I can't believe Disney would let any practices that ruin the experience within a Park to carry on very long.

Disney deals with these MLM's and more:

Last edited:

disneyfreak0710

It seem Disney has partnered with many MLM. MLM are not illegal becasue they are NOT pyramid schemes, still most people never make any money even hurting entire families. Why Disney feels they need do this I have no clue. Actually, we all know, it's about money.

Some people hear of these companies and if a salesperson says a word they are going to tell you they were harassed, when they were not, it is simply because of the company's name.

For the true harassment incidences I can't believe Disney would let any practices that ruin the experience within a Park to carry on very long.

Disney dealz with these MLM's and more:

What is the difference between MLM and pyramid? To me they always seem to be pretty much the same premise - the one at the top makes the most. You earn more by recruiting people under you.

jaklgreen

Oh my gosh it's the smells I love at Disney sometimes I smell something at home and instantly think of certain areas of Disney. Some smells make me think of attractions, others exact locations. It's part of the experience. Soaring with no smells would not be soaring, the smell of Candy on main street, I love it!

Except when you are someone who gets an instant massive headache and your airway starts to plug up with certain smells. Then it's not so much a good memory. I can't ride Soarin' anymore because of the rose scent. Same with FoP, I went on it a couple of times and the smell just keeps getting stronger and stronger in there that I can not even go into the building anymore. The candy is nice.

jaklgreen

Well, I haven't seen anybody picketing at the front gate over artificial smells in the parks.

That is because most of us know which places to avoid. If they start adding even more scents to big areas, it is going to be an issue for many. Those who don't have this issue can not comprehend how horrible it is. No matter where you go, people are smoking, or wearing a bunch of perfume/cologne. Be grateful that you don't have this issue because it is getting to the point where I can't leave my house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom