Scenes from the Road

Kristia

Original Poster
Keeping the streak alive, it took until mile 5 or so, and then I saw it - the headless fawn. Dead animals on every run.

There was also a skunks tail later in the run - who knows where the rest of the skunk was.

-dave
I think you need a new route! I don't like those "Scenes from the Road". :eek: Poor animals.

Phonedave

I think you need a new route! I don't like those "Scenes from the Road". :eek: Poor animals.

The thing is, I run different routes all the time. It doesn't seem to matter. While I would not call this area rural, we are on the rural side of suburban. (1/2 acre minimum lots, many bigger, a number of working farms, etc) but we are right off of 2 major highways and 25 miles from NYC so we get that "ideal" mix of wildlife and traffic that leads to dead animals. I tend to run on county roads and there are stands of wood along them. I guess it is just where a lot of roadkill happens. The hawk was in a township park though, I don't know what the story was with that one.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Falling asleep on the trails this morning

image.jpg

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The Yellow trail follows Tranquility Lake for a mile or so before turning up and climbing a bunch.
photo 2.JPG

Coming up the trail, you get to dam. I took the dam dam tour.
photo 3.JPG

and I hope no one was in this boat as it went over the falls. There is not enough water on a good day for this boat to be "in service" below the falls.
photo 2b.JPG

joel_maxwell

That's beautiful @joel_maxwell ! So cool! You have inspired me to look into more trail running. :)
@Katherine That is great. I read an article yesterday that trail running is really trending right now. Regardless, it is a little more effort (since I have to get to the trails rather than walk out my front door) but the benefits, and mosquito bites are so worth it.

joel_maxwell

Thanks @LindsayLoves and @wdwmagic. It is our local state park. This is a map of all the trails. 50+ miles of them and 20 minute drive from my house to trail head.

OakMountainTrailMap.jpg

Here is at the top of our climb on the tip of the blue trail above (far right on image) "Kings Chair". There are better pictures of this, but this is the only one I could find right now on google images. Ill take some soon when I visit it long enough to take some pics.

8430194251_cd3a11cb0d_h.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom