Scary Adventures vs Mine Train

kad1121

Original Poster
I just rode the new Mine Train in Magic Kingdom. I am a huge fan of Snow White's Scary Adventures, and was devastated when it closed at MK. Seven Dwarfs Mine Train was an impressive ride, though it was short. The landscaping is beautiful and I loved the rocking cars. However, like I said, wayyyy too short. The ride didn't have a real story.
I love both SWSA and 7DMT. BUT...I still miss the original SWSA (I can still ride it in DLR, but that version is shorter and not as scary as the WDW version was).
Which do you prefer?

DisneyPrincess5

As @hakunamatata alluded to, they're not really comparable to me as the style of ride is different so I respect both for what they are/were.
I definitely do miss SWSA (Snow White is my favorite princess and one of my favorite Disney movies) but it's nice to see some AAs make an appearance in the cottage at the end!

Goofyernmost

Mine train by a huge margin. Snow White was a crashing bore to me. Yes, mine train is short, but, the dark sections are very impressive along with the scenery. Funny thing is that no one complains about RnRC being short and it is shorter then Mine Train. 7DMT is a mixture of dark ride and mild coaster. Just enough excitement to make it amusing and just enough dark ride to make you want for more.

edutrainer10

I think this is a great discussion. HakunaMatata makes an excellent statement by saying that they are both appreciated for what they are. I very much enjoyed SWSA for years and was mildly upset to see its closure. That being said, I would never place that it in the same category as a Pirates or Haunted Mansion ride. Dwarves coaster fits comfortably in the same category, but offers a leg up on the situation with current technology and style. If Disney turned around tomorrow and announced that Peter Pan was closing in favor of a Captain Hook themed offering, I would have the same reaction. Things change and I applaud the desire to try something new.

Thanks for the discussion kad1121

KaliSplash

Greatly prefer the new one. It is obviously newer technology, etc. I liked the old one as simply another example, (along with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and Peter Pan, as the Disney version of the type f haunted house rides that would come to your county fair.

Haymarket2008

I love Snow White's Scary Adventures and have great nostalgia for it, but Mine Train is a true celebration of that film. Regardless of the length of the ride, and yes I wish there was more, Heigh-Ho is one of the most joyful moments in any Disney attraction. It is a modern classic, imho. At least there is a Snow White attraction at all! And a quality one, too!

StarWarsGirl

7DMT. I've been very surprised lately because I really don't miss SWSA. It was fun. I don't remember being scared of it as a kid (not like I remember getting whacked in the face by the gate on my way out). It was fine, but 7DMT is better

I'm more disappointed that all they did with that space was make a meet-and-greet.

Chef Mickey

Can I just say it's a travesty they even got rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures?

I totally get that they didn't want two Snow White rides, but why not? I just disagree with the rationale.

It's not like they are moving away from dark rides in Fantasyland. We still have Peter Pan, Pooh, Small World, and even the Little Mermaid. Disneyland has somehow kept them all including Mr Toad and Snow white while also having Alice in Wonderland and Pinocchio.

The ride had to cost almost nothing to maintain and it would be another needed attraction in a crowded park. Makes no sense Tokyo Disney and Disneyland have it, but the biggest Disney in the world couldn't keep it?

Yeah, thanks for the character meet and greet. That couldn't have been done anywhere else.

kad1121

Original Poster
Can I just say it's a travesty they even got rid of Snow White's Scary Adventures?

I totally get that they didn't want two Snow White rides, but why not? I just disagree with the rationale.

It's not like they are moving away from dark rides in Fantasyland. We still have Peter Pan, Pooh, Small World, and even the Little Mermaid. Disneyland has somehow kept them all including Mr Toad and Snow white while also having Alice in Wonderland and Pinocchio.

The ride had to cost almost nothing to maintain and it would be another needed attraction in a crowded park. Makes no sense Tokyo Disney and Disneyland have it, but the biggest Disney in the world couldn't keep it?

Yeah, thanks for the character meet and greet. That couldn't have been done anywhere else.

THIS. I am devastated that they closed SWSA in WDW. The DLR version is short and ends abruptly (I still love it though). A character meet-and-greet couldn't been done anywhere else. I love 7DMT and it's a must-do on every trip...but if I were forced to choose, I think I'd prefer SWSA. The ride was scary and had a narrative. We already have Big Thunder, and I prefer that to 7DMT.
WDW always closes their classic dark rides. One of the reasons I prefer DLR over WDW.

Soarin2u

I was never fond of SWSA but I really, really appreciate the theming and details that went into 7DMT. It might be short but I enjoy it altogether. I was even upset when I didn't get to spend much time messing around with the interactive Queue. And of course, any coaster that I can get my entire family on is a win for me. As some members refuse to even consider riding others in the World. But I agree with StarWarsGirl95, Im not a okay with the current space used for the old SWSA. I would of preferred to see another dark ride come in to place.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom