Scariest moment at the park?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Getting my total at the cash register at World of Disney :arghh::arghh::arghh:

1st time I rode Space Mountain when I was 6(ish?) I was terrified of going that fast in the dark

1st time I rode Haunted Mansion the stretching room scared the crap out of me

Last edited:

Allym146

The original Alien Encounter attraction did it for me. In pitch black with something breathing down your neck....EEIKK.

I'm actually glad I never did that ride. I loooove the movies, but would have been in hysterics on it. Even with Stich, I put my hands on the my shoulders so the bar doesn't come down to close.

Scariest was ToT. I had never been on it until two trips ago. It was our first day at the parks and I was all in Disney magic vacation lala land and agreed to ride it. I screamed and cried going up and down, and my legs didn't work when I had to get off! We bought the picture and I can look at it and laugh, but never again!!!:cry:

DfromATX

When I came back inside a store after watching a parade to discover my 4 year old wasn't with my husband in the store. Luckily a few minutes later, there he was on a good Samaritan's shoulders (so he could see us). He never left the store, but it was very scary for a few minutes!

thomas998

When my daughter and I were not completely off the Snow White ride at the exit point and the CM pushed the button to start the ride. First thought was it was going to hurt my daughter, second was I was going to kill the CM.

Camelot

My scariest moment at the park was my first time back to ToT after they changed from the lap bar restraint to the side handles to hold on to. I remember looking for the lap bar to lock down in place and hold onto, and all I see are these side handle things, which me and my neighbor had to both hold on to. I didn't figure that I would go flying out of the ride when the doors open :eek:, but the lap bar made me feel more secure :geek:

rob45

1. Got caught in a bad lightning storm at MK during a summer trip.

2. While at FW in my rv a tornado warning was issued due to a passing cold front. The weather got rough for a
little while.

allgiggles

I also got stuck here for 45 minutes one time. And while the ride did break down the music did not.

We were stuck on IASW for about 10 minutes one trip. My then 4 yo DD was riding it for the first time and was completely enchanted with her surroundings and music....for the first five minutes. At that point she had enough and yelled, "Can somebody *PLEASE* make that song stop!!!" Everyone in our "room" started laughing.

For me, the scariest things were:

1. Alien Encounter. I have a phobia of total darkness and confined spaces. I knew what the attraction entailed before going in but it was a million times worse than I imagined. I thought I'd be ok if I just closed my eyes but with that tight harness and all of the other effects going on, closing my eyes wasn't much of a help. I was on the verge of hyper ventilating and couldn't wait to get out.

2. Being caught in a bad, bad, bad thunderstorm while leaving DHS last June. We could see the dark clouds approaching as we were exiting the park but thought we had plenty of time. Within a minute or so the rain started to pour down and the lightning was getting *very* close. We were waiting for a bus for AoA (along with about 50 other people) and it seemed like we were there at least 10 minutes and still no bus (but lots of lightning strikes close by). When a bus pulled up for Pop Century (and only about 10 people were waiting in that line) we jumped out of line an sprinted to that bus.

Bairstow

1. Got caught in a bad lightning storm at MK during a summer trip.

2. While at FW in my rv a tornado warning was issued due to a passing cold front. The weather got rough for a
little while.
It's interesting to be at Disney before or during really bad weather.
One year, our last day at Disney was at Epcot, right as Hurricane Frances was bearing down on us. Throughout the day, workers were securing all kinds of things, strapping carts to the concrete and such. As you might imagine, the crowds were very light.
We hit the road to go home in the evening and when we did, the Turnpike was free, and all eight lanes had been devoted to northbound traffic. By the time we hit the road there were almost no cars moving at all.

Texas84

DHS last year, we got stuck on RNRC right before launch and sat there for what seemed forever. Someone started freaking out and someone else starting yelling for help. Then we launched. Ruined the ride. They let us stay in the car and ride again. Not sure what happened to that person.

But the worst of all time was Matterhorn at DLR many years ago. I couldn't get the seatbelt fastened and there was no check. The ride had just started when I finally got it. I actually thought, darn, I'm going to die at Disneyland.

DinoInstitute

Afraid I'm going to hit my head on the bars in Space Mountain...
Yah, the second or third time I rode Space Mountain some of the lights were on, and I realized just how close the bars were!! To this day I still crouch in my seat...

Hmm...also I have unfortunate place where the ride vehicle stops. Once I was stuck on Maelstrom near those creepy trolls....
And while this other one isn't really scary, I've been stuck on TT before by the truck for like 10 minutes, and every 15 seconds or so *HOOONNKK*

PeterAlt

Space Mountain. Before the big drop. Ride vehicle suddenly stops, causing us to go thrusting forward into the restraining belt. Lights go on.

"Space shuttle, this is Ride Safety. Please remain safely in your ride vehicles. Do not attempt to exit your ride vehicles. The ride will restart momentarily."

We were literally right before the drop. With the lights on, you can see the drop but you can't see where it starts. It feels like any sudden move could cause the ride vehicle to be pushed down the drop!

It was scary. The message repeated and repeated. I don't know how long we waited, but it felt like forever. When the lights went back off, it was a relief because all the effects immediately went back on too and the ride vehicle started moving...

cat5dog1

Scariest moment was when we were riding the bus from MK back to POP. There was a rowdy guy heckling the bus driver because he was lost. All of a sudden in the middle of who knows where the bus driver stops the bus, yells at the passenger to drive the bus and the driver gets off the bus. Everybody just looked at each other. Then all of a sudden the driver got back on the bus and took us to POP never saying another word. We complained and were given an apology and free passes to Blizzard Beach.

Tomi-Rocket

Scariest moment was when we were riding the bus from MK back to POP. There was a rowdy guy heckling the bus driver because he was lost. All of a sudden in the middle of who knows where the bus driver stops the bus, yells at the passenger to drive the bus and the driver gets off the bus. Everybody just looked at each other. Then all of a sudden the driver got back on the bus and took us to POP never saying another word. We complained and were given an apology and free passes to Blizzard Beach.
I feel bad for the driver, who knows what kind of maniacs he had to deal with that day for him to have that kind of severe reaction. Hmm, I wonder what kind of "perk" the heckler got?

Jakester

I really hope he's not a bus driver still. I couldn't even grip why he'd even do that

armyfamilyof5

Just a few years ago we were eating at the bakery in France back when it was kind of an "outdoor" type feel and a bird sitting on the eaves above us made a dropping on my kid's shoulder. I knew as I saw it happening this was going to ruin the day. When she was little we purchased some little cups of nectar for the kids to feed the birds at the zoo, she was TOTALLY MOBBED immediately and since has been terrified of birds. The CM in France was so gracious and gave her a free shirt to change into and she made it through the rest of the day but it was close. Just imagine a day at Epcot ruined by bird poo!:cry:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom