Scariest moment at the park?

whitney37354

We left Tusker House breakfast, turned around & DD (age 5) was not with us! We immediately looked around & she was looking at something nearby, going left when we turned right. She was never "lost", but we were starting to panic.

tinkerblonde11

Riding the Tower of Terror for the first time was the only time I've ever been completely terrified of an attraction in WDW. And yes, I cried when the elevator doors shut... and it was only this past summer. I've always been terrified of any up and down rides but I absolutely love the Twilight Zone theming and the interior is gorgeous, also the ride is just awesome. I'll probably always be afraid of it, but from now on I'll probably always ride it just because.

MomofKatie

I rode Haunted Mansion for the first time when I was 7 and I remember hating it! The worst was the stretching room. I literally climbed up my dad's legs because I freaked out so much. I just wanted my dad to hold me and make it all go away...

As a parent, the scariest thing was seeing how scared DD was on Tower of Terror when she was 8. Poor thing- I talked her into riding, and she was absolutely panic-stricken during the drops. I felt like the I deserved the prize for Worst Parent for that.

MaxsDad

As a child, I had to be taken out of the HM after the stretching room, I was terrified.

As an adult, I was riding the carousel with my kids when we heard a parent SCREAMING frantically. They stopped the ride temporarily. I do not know what happened but at that instant it was scary.

bluewings

It wasn't exactly my scariest moment because I was 9 and it was a "Wait, what's going on right now?" thing, but I know the adults in the group were scared. We had all just done a restroom break after Splash Mountain and then went straight to the WDW Railroad.We get on, probably not too long of a wait, and that's when the adults notice something's not quite right....oh no there's only 6 kids, there's supposed to be 7. Somehow in all the shuffle we moved along without my cousin. So the train's about ready to go and my dad and uncle quickly jump off and went to find her. If I remember correctly they found her pretty quick, she was 14-15 at the time so she knew to stay in that area. We road to the next stop which I think was Toon Town back then and eventually all met up again.

MY scariest moment was the first time I went on Tower of Tower, I screamed the whole ride with my face buried in my moms shoulder, took me about 10 years to ride it again. Now it's one of my favorites

Blackburn23

#1 - As a kid, watching my GMR tour guide get burned to death touching the crystal. Traumatized for life. My wife finally convinced me not to close my eyes during that scene last year.....

#2 - atomic wedgie at the bottom of zhumunga Kowabunga.... Was not sure I would ever get all of my trunks out.

#3 - Alien Encounter.... Horrifying. My mom still complains about pain in her hand.

Pluto401

Im 22 years old and I still refuse to get on the Bug's life 3d show in animal kingdom because of how much it terrified me as a child. That thing is just too much.

Stitch I also find scary, I hate things that touch you.

dopeylover

Terrified of being beheaded in SM (like many have already said), and Alien Encounter scared the sh*t out of me. I went once and only once. On another note, I openly wept hysterically on the Jaws ride on my senior trip, and we were at UNI for its last hurrah, and I thought of going on it to conquer my demons, but I left that mechanical shark demon in my past...

Mawg

realizing once in the front of the line for Radiator Springs Racers that my wife left the new camera hanging on the stroller handles. Came out, ran to the stroller, still there!

graphite1326

The first time I rode RnRcoaster ( the take off) and My wife finally talked we into going on ToT. I hate elevators to begin with. HOWEVER, it's not that bad. Actually the build up is worse than the drop.

lebeau

Got stuck for quite a while on ToT. We were in the elevator shaft, but nothing was happening. No lights, no effects. Eventually, a voice came on the speaker and told us not to get out of our seats. But we sat there in the dark wondering what was going on for around 5 minutes. And it took another 5 minutes or so before anything happened. Then we completed the drop sequence with the lights on. They let us ride again if we wanted. To my surprise, my wife wanted to even though she was pretty traumatized while we were stuck.

Goofywilliam

I can confirm to all the people on here that putting your hands up while riding space mountain is questionable. You can easily touch the ceiling of that tube thing at the beginning of the ride while your taking off. But be warned it shocked me when I did it. Ever since then I've been afraid of putting my hands up on the ride.

Mammymouse

The scariest time I remember is when hubby, me, our daughter, son-in-law and 2 1/2 year old granddaughter were staying at Boardwalk for Christmas week in 2006. We were in EPCOT Future World in the afternoon when we learned that there were tornado watches - not just warnings. The sky turned ugly, thunder and lightning everywhere, rain can down and wind started to swirl so we decided to head back to the hotel quickly. Everyone was being told to evacuate the Park, and being in Future World we thought that taking a bus would be the safest and best way, so we went running with a 2 1/2 year old in a stroller through EPCOT to the bus station, getting pelted with rain and whipping wind, only to find out that there are no buses that will take you back to Boardwalk. AAARRRUUUGGHH, so we took a bus finally to Hollywood Studios and then transferred there to a Boardwalk bus. The tornado scare was bad enough but then not being able to find transportation other than our two feet just added to the anxiety.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom