Saying goodbye to Minnie and mickeys house

glee

Original Poster
When do we say so long farewell, auf Wiedersehen , goodbye to minnie and mickeys house???
:confused::confused::confused::shrug:

Will they be open in July....?? Please say yes! :animwink:

lebeau

We said our good byes a few weeks ago. Our daughter didn't realize it would be the last time she saw Minnie's kitchen. But we made sure to linger and take lots of pictures for posterity. She really loved playing in there.

Yensid40

When do we say so long farewell, avadazane, goodbye to minnie and mickeys house???
:confused::confused::confused::shrug:

Will they be open in July....?? Please say yes! :animwink:

...Auf Wiedersehen... sorry spoke German in school for a number of years. :)

As far as I have heard there are still no dates on anything yet. We will be saying goodbye to their house in a few weeks. As much as I think it is time for change in that area, I am going to be a little sad to see it go. I mean come on, how many memories do people have there? That being said I am quite excited to see what happens there.

BrerFrog

I guess I have already said my goodbyes to the houses when I personally closed then on my last night of CP on early 2009, since I am not going back before September. :(

glee

Original Poster
...Auf Wiedersehen... sorry spoke German in school for a number of years. :)

As far as I have heard there are still no dates on anything yet. We will be saying goodbye to their house in a few weeks. As much as I think it is time for change in that area, I am going to be a little sad to see it go. I mean come on, how many memories do people have there? That being said I am quite excited to see what happens there.

Thankyou :) My spelling sucks!
:)

Im excited but sad also :cry::sohappy::cry::sohappy:

Poor minnie and mickey. Out on the streets. :eek::lol:

BrerFrog

That is a fun way to go out though.

Yes, definitely. What kind of saddens me is that when I take my kids to WDW I won't be able to point towards the houses and show them where I worked. At least the rethemed Barnstormer will be standing, or so I hope. :eek:

topcat47

I heard that at the last D23 event they announced that the houses would not be disappearing. While they would either be moved or even reconstructed there would still be something to represent Mickey and Minnie's houses on property. So they may be missing for some months they are not being wiped away completely from WDW's future. There was no planned location or timeframe announced for their address change.

glee

Original Poster
I heard that at the last D23 event they announced that the houses would not be disappearing. While they would either be moved or even reconstructed there would still be something to represent Mickey and Minnie's houses on property. So they may be missing for some months they are not being wiped away completely from WDW's future. There was no planned location or timeframe announced for their address change.

OOH i hope thats true!:sohappy:

tiaragirl

I feel like what was said at D23 was vague and got misconstrued. Dunno though. We shall see.

topcat47

Trying to research the event this was best I could find so far:

But clearly the gem of the presentation was the answer to a question that was asked multiple times by the audience: what will become of Mickey and Minnie’s homes in Toontown? The first time, Cole gave the standard, evasive answer that Mickey and Minnie will always have a place in the Magic Kingdom but they aren’t ready to discuss that yet (we know that Exposition Hall is undergoing a transformation to house the meet and greets but we do not know whether it’s permanent). When asked again, specifically about the houses, Cole outright said that the homes ‘would not be eliminated,’ but declined to explain further.

glee

Original Poster

But clearly the gem of the presentation was the answer to a question that was asked multiple times by the audience: what will become of Mickey and Minnie’s homes in Toontown? The first time, Cole gave the standard, evasive answer that Mickey and Minnie will always have a place in the Magic Kingdom but they aren’t ready to discuss that yet (we know that Exposition Hall is undergoing a transformation to house the meet and greets but we do not know whether it’s permanent). When asked again, specifically about the houses, Cole outright said that the homes ‘would not be eliminated,’ but declined to explain further.

Thanks for that :wave: Really helpful.

Gets its not goodbye yet!!!

NewfieFan

No, he said their M&Gs would not be eliminated. He made no promises about the houses at all! People heard that one statement and ran with it.

I was there and I never read anymore into his statement than that... Mickey and Minnie will always have a "home" in the Magic Kingdom but not necessarily a house (so to speak). I wouldn't get my hopes up on what you read and hear... a lot of people got excited when they heard that and interpreted it the way they wanted it to sound!

Cmdr_Crimson

When do we say so long farewell, auf Wiedersehen , goodbye to minnie and mickeys house?

When we hear the encrypted message that was created by the dolphins in The Seas Pavillion.
[YOUTUBE]
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bG6b3V2MNxQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bG6b3V2MNxQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
[/YOUTUBE]
Mickey & Minnie Better pack towels and remember one important Thing......................................DON'T PANIC!!!!!:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom