Say.... What if Avatarland got cancelled?

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
I'm grinning ear to ear as I read through the last few pages of posts, reading about everyone wondering (and arguing), how are they going to explain this and how is the story going to explain that?...about Pandora. I wonder what Walt would have said to all of you, (had the Internet been around) when he decided to drop the Matterhorn at the end of Main Street at DL (to the purists...OK, it's not at the end of Main Street but it's pretty darn close). Did he "explain" to every DL fan why a mountain was built between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. What's it's purpose and how did we even get to the Matterhorn when we were just on Main St? Did he even need to? No, he had an empty plot of land (and from pictures I've seen, a pretty ugly plot) and he just liked the idea of having a bobsled careen down a mountain and splashing into a lake. Lots of fun, not a lot of story. No real story needed in my opinion. (Yes, I do know that the "inspiration" was the movie, Third Man on the Mountain).

Let Disney build the place, or not build the place, but do we really need to know "why" Pandora exists at AK or how we get to Pandora from AK? When (and if) it's completed, I'm going to walk (or take whatever means of transport) into Pandora, and hopefully pick my jaw up off the floor when I get there. Inside, outside, I don't care. I just hope its worthy of a Disney Park (even if the actual "story" is not a Disney property). I'm starting to think that Disney is actually "over-storying" us now. It might be nice to experience a new attraction that I didn't have to worry about knowing every detail of the "story" without feeling that I'm missing something.

WDW1974

First off, who said I was a "he?"

I believe you did ... unless you've had a gender reassignment surgery lately?:ROFLOL:

Sencondly I post when I want to post (which is not very often anymore). No one is a puppetmaster to me. I get my info from some very good sources. If you do't like the information I am providing then leave it to others to chew on. I didn't ask for you to take a bite.

I stand behind what I said. Since your information is generally correct (although often taken out of context!), I can only surmise that you are being asked to leak information here or that you are being allowed to do so while believing that no one knows who you are, where you work, who you talk to and what you have access to.

Sorry, but I understand how Disney guards its future projects.

~Change is coming! BIG, SPIRITED change!~

WDW1974

I have to say that I always thought it was strange Raven could say the things he has, and it be obvious to anyone from Disney reading these boards (which they do) who Raven is, when other CM's have been much more subtle in any insider news they know. Just strange. Not saying Raven is a plant or anything, but even Juan was more tightlipped. Whatever happen to him anyway?

And the gender thing is just bizarre, tbh.

Just like WDW Co knows exactly who I am ... and who Lee is ... and who Martin is ... and who at least another dozen posters I can think of here are ... they know exactly who Raven is and what he is releasing.

The question I have is simply 'Why?

The answer has to be there's something in it for them.

~Change is Coming! BIG, SPIRITED change!~

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I believe you did ... unless you've had a gender reassignment surgery lately?:ROFLOL:

I stand behind what I said. Since your information is generally correct (although often taken out of context!), I can only surmise that you are being asked to leak information here or that you are being allowed to do so while believing that no one knows who you are, where you work, who you talk to and what you have access to.

~Change is coming! BIG, SPIRITED change!~

From some of his earlier posts, I think you may be on to something. He has claimed to have seen documents left out in the open late at night. Possibly on purpose. :shrug:

jakeman

Just like WDW Co knows exactly who I am ... and who Lee is ... and who Martin is ... and who at least another dozen posters I can think of here are ... they know exactly who Raven is and what he is releasing.

The question I have is simply 'Why?

The answer has to be there's something in it for them.
You just come across as not liking to be contradicted, but you don't have the ability to prove Raven wrong so you are painting him as a puppet.

Whether true or not, why does it matter?

If Avatar is killed, you're right. If not, Raven is right. I'm not sure why the micturation contest is necessary.

WDW1974

You just come across as not liking to be contradicted, but you don't have the ability to prove Raven wrong so you are painting him as a puppet.

Whether true or not, why does it matter?

If Avatar is killed, you're right. If not, Raven is right. I'm not sure why the micturation contest is necessary.

I have no problem being contradicted, Jake ... well, maybe just a 'wittle!:D

But I absolutely believe Raven is being used as a puppet, either explicitly or implicitly. I'm just stating that.

I have nothing against him (or is it her now?) ... I believe the vast majority of info he posts here is accurate to what he knows. Hell, I believe he probably is a nice enough dude.

But he is being used, no matter what the circsumstances are.

~Change is coming. BIG, SPIRITED change!~

jakeman

I have no problem being contradicted, Jake ... well, maybe just a 'wittle!:D

But I absolutely believe Raven is being used as a puppet, either explicitly or implicitly. I'm just stating that.

I have nothing against him (or is it her now?) ... I believe the vast majority of info he posts here is accurate to what he knows. Hell, I believe he probably is a nice enough dude.

But he is being used, no matter what the circsumstances are.

Perhaps you are being used as well with the information you leak?

SSE

You have no idea .... no idea ...:cool::drevil::king:

I am hoping this is positive change in regards to the parks. I like to think you wouldn't torture us if this was some unwanted change. Or maybe you would!:)

raven

As stated previously, I have good resources which isn't hard to come by if you live in the central Florida area. I also don't have access to anything I want to know or get my hands on. The things I post, when I feel the need to post them, are known by several members on here usually already. And I work as an asst manager at a pizza joint. Who's to say I don't get my info from a frequent customer or employee? :animwink:

jt04

As stated previously, I have good resources which isn't hard to come by if you live in the central Florida area. I also don't have access to anything I want to know or get my hands on. The things I post, when I feel the need to post them, are known by several members on here usually already. And I work as an asst manager at a pizza joint. Who's to say I don't get my info from a frequent customer or employee? :animwink:

Is it that Little Ceasars guy?

Pizza Pizza

jakeman

I know I've been used in the past.
Doesn't really bother me...at least as long as the info is still good.:shrug:
I think that was my point.

As long as there are no moral or legal implications, who cares how each of you guys get your information?

Sometimes it's good and sometimes it's bad. Bottom line is we are getting information we normally wouldn't have.

If some of it's contradictory, then we just wait to see what happens.

There really isn't a need to point fingers and accuse someone of something you (plural, not you Lee) have no evidence of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom