Say "NO!" to Pixie Dust pins!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
As part of the new "Year of a Million Dreams" promotion Disney will be introducing Pixie Dust pins featuring Tinkerbelle given out by CMs in the parks and resorts.

They will be like the Magical Moment certficates given out during the other celebrations, but even less special - they've been specificly denoted to be given out for mundane acts like busing your own table and throwing trash into a trash can, or smiling at another guest at the entrance gate.

They are hoped to help "celebrate" the already lacking Year of a Million Dreams with the frontline CMs who feel removed because they have no real power to award any prized and normal guests - those who typically wont recieve any bigger prizes due to the statistical nature of the processes. Why does it need help?

Because they want to make it a 15 month celebration!!!

They want to completely ignore Epcot 25th come October 2007 and have this hunk of junk go straight on through until January 2008.

Let this whole thing fail miserably like it needs to.

I'm sorry, but getting 2 Tinkerbelle pins (one to keep, one to give away to anothr guest) will not make 15 months and it certainly does not negate the fact that Epcot turns 25!

*angry* I don't usually do this, but write Disney people. Tell them you're angry. No silly pins instead of Epcot's 25th!

tink rules

Ok... so now I have to write my brother and ask him to email his best friend who is a cast member and ask him to get me one of those pins...not only because hey...I LOVE Tink... but because I was a wonderful adopted little sister for him when we were growing up....

Besides... I still have the pins I got in 1987.... and they were'nt anything oh so special...

Sorry Merf... all it takes is a little bit of faith trust and pixie dust!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Ok... so now I have to write my brother and ask him to email his best friend who is a cast member and ask him to get me one of those pins...not only because hey...I LOVE Tink... but because I was a wonderful adopted little sister for him when we were growing up....

Besides... I still have the pins I got in 1987.... and they were'nt anything oh so special...

Sorry Merf... all it takes is a little bit of faith trust and pixie dust!!!

So you'd really rather have them give out pins for a year randomly for throwing away trash then to celebrate Epcot's 25th anniversary?

Sorry Merf, but I have to say it. Most guests (And I'm not talking about fanatics like us on the forum) will be waaay more excited about getting a free pin than they would about celebrating Epcot's 25th. Unfortunately, Epcot isn't really the favorite park among most guests, because it's too "educational". They find it boring. You and I and most everyone on the forums knows that's not true, but we're a small percentage.

And I should know, I work in Epcot almost everyday and have heard so many people complaining that we aren't a Magic Kingdom clone.

I would personally prefer a big old Epcot celebration, but the fact of the matter is, not many people would plan trips specifically for that reason. But when they hear that they could win cruises and trips and even pins, they will.

:zipit:

tink rules

The COULD do both....

and have a special pin given out to everyone for the 25th....

And do a big celebration... like paint SSE silver...for the silver anniversary...

WAIT....
They did that already....

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Just like 100 YoM, it's another crap celebration.

I'd prefer a Donald month celebration, or something of the sort. 12 months = 12 chances to change things up a year and 12 chances to do something on the cheap, since it's only there for a month.

Don't even get me started on the new MK parade :hurl:

Kontra

This sounds like an interesting strategy to promote polite Guest behavior in the parks. This is something WDW needs. Guests are getting pushier, more inconsiderate, and less grateful each year. If this program can increase good guest behavior, then I'm all for it.

drew81

I wish WDW would have celebrations like Tokyo does. Look at the Stitch celebration. That was awesome and it didin't even last that long.

I agree that most guests will be happy to go to WDW and get something free and as Kontra said could improve guest behavior....I'll wait to see if it really does though.

DisneyWales

While i would love epcot to have its 25th, i was doubtful of it getting anything major to be honest.

Which is a same coz me and epcot are both the same age were about a month apart.

But i wouldnt go as far as to blame the pins for Disney not wanting to have a celebration for Epcot. And I dont think these pins will be the only little extra's for the Year of a Million Dreams.

Something will happen for Epcots 25th it will prolly just be a smaller event that hardcore fans think it deserves.

I Think after Disneyland's 50th doing another anniversary so soon would only alienate Guests.

Plus i think Disney are now looking for Global Campains, and Epcot just sin't that marketable worldwide. This is why I belive there will be a smaller celebration within the park. Like what Tokyo Disney Have done for Disneysea's

Thelazer

Whatever... just replace the word "Dreams" with "Wishs" or "Hopes" or "Smiles" and you have basicly the same marketing campagin.

MissM

Getting two pins instead of a piece of paper sounds like an upgrade to me. But hey.... *shrugs* to each their own.
-m

David

I certainly understand being upset that no special notice of Epcot's 25th has been announced, but I don't think that refusing a pin and telling the CM who offers the pin the reason for refusal will make a change. If they do or do not celebrate the 25th for Epcot, it will not be based upon the popularity of a pin.

majortom1981

Hmm

The thing here is that ITs not the ducational nature iof epcot its the fact that in the countries there is not much to do.

Why cant they build educational rides at the other countries like the rides mexico has and norway ?

Also I know this might sound bad but there is too much open space with not alot around in epcot.

Unless they build a new ride for epcots celebration then I would rather have the special pin.

Penndragon85

This is the first time for guest

Look at this way they will most likely do something... but you can't do a globle celebration for the 25 of Epcot... most likely they will do some parade or fireworks show. BUT THE cool thing about this new celebration it not about Disney... Its about the guests! GUEST will be getting tons of free stuff! Let me say that again FREE STUFF!:brick: For the first time ever its a celebration not about Disney (Example Walt's 100 years old, WDW 25 years old) its about the guests! With out our guest there is nothing to celebrate! so its time to get over about not having a grand celebration for Epcot ... there not doing one for the 35th of WDW but just really cool pins. But in some way they will have something its not until 2007.... more than a year away it was only less than 5 months ago when they annouced about YOMD. So take a breather :animwink: Things will be okay

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
This sounds like an interesting strategy to promote polite Guest behavior in the parks. This is something WDW needs. Guests are getting pushier, more inconsiderate, and less grateful each year. If this program can increase good guest behavior, then I'm all for it.

I agree I think its a nice idea. Maybe its because I'm a teacher but I think good behavior should be rewarded, but its really a poor excuse for a celebration.

xtimMOOthyx

Mousermerf...

Are you so sure about this? Wouldn't it only be a 12 month celebration if they are calling it "Year of a Million Dreams?" 15 months is kind of ridiculous. I certainly hope this is not true, because I will be there for Epcot's 25th.

kal1484

I don't understand why there has to be a Celebration, can't we just have WDW? 15 months is stupid, after a year, it's done with.

I'm hoping they at LEAST come out with some good souvinears for the 25th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom