Say "NO!" to Pixie Dust pins!

imagineersrock

Anyone ever seen that SNL skit "Debbie Downer..?" :lookaroun I'm Just saying...:lol:

Sorry Merf, can't say I'm with you on this one... Free pins sound great as do some of the other early plans I've heard regarding the upcoming celebration, and how much more do you want/expect as far as Epcot goes?

We're getting a refurbished Living with the Land boat ride, an improved Canada 360 film, a brand new ride at The Seas... and who knows what else lies ahead that hasn't even been announced yet? I think things are looking great for Epcot right now, actually!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Look at this way they will most likely do something... but you can't do a globle celebration for the 25 of Epcot... most likely they will do some parade or fireworks show. BUT THE cool thing about this new celebration it not about Disney... Its about the guests! GUEST will be getting tons of free stuff! Let me say that again FREE STUFF!:brick: For the first time ever its a celebration not about Disney (Example Walt's 100 years old, WDW 25 years old) its about the guests! With out our guest there is nothing to celebrate! so its time to get over about not having a grand celebration for Epcot ... there not doing one for the 35th of WDW but just really cool pins. But in some way they will have something its not until 2007.... more than a year away it was only less than 5 months ago when they annouced about YOMD. So take a breather :animwink: Things will be okay

But it's a lie.

Most guests aren't getting anything from this "celebration" and these pins being forked out are a stop measure to try and help that. Most CMs can't award anythin and most guests wont recieve anything.

And to answer another comment above, yes, its supposed to be 15 months :(

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Anyone ever seen that SNL skit "Debbie Downer..?" :lookaroun I'm Just saying...:lol:

Sorry Merf, can't say I'm with you on this one... Free pins sound great as do some of the other early plans I've heard regarding the upcoming celebration, and how much more do you want/expect as far as Epcot goes?

Well, they had Drew Berrymore - she's still famous. Why can't she re-host things and have a new TV special about the place?

Some snazzy fireworks, some formal events, some historical documentaries.. maybe an exhibit or type, lotsa hoopla, some dinner parties, a reason to rent a tux - some of that sort of stuff.

No stupid pins. Give the place the credit it deserves. Yes, opening attractions is good too, but that's how theme parks work anyways.

MCBRIZZ5

Personally, I wouldn't be all that excited if I recieved a Tinkerbell pin. Maybe this is because I'm a male teenager, I don't know...

speck76

I wish WDW would have celebrations like Tokyo does. Look at the Stitch celebration. That was awesome and it didin't even last that long.

The difference being that 95% of TDL's guests come from Metro Tokyo, a 1 month celebration can be used to carry the park over a slow time, and will have impact (think of the Food and Wine Festival or Flower and Garden festival....or Star Wars Weekends....they take place over slowe time periods to draw Florida residents to the park).

speck76

I agree I think its a nice idea. Maybe its because I'm a teacher but I think good behavior should be rewarded, but its really a poor excuse for a celebration.

good behavior needs to be rewarded because the average guest has become rude and self-centered......it is sad, but true.

Perhaps Steve should give out free months in the PML to members of this site that are polite and do not go around looking for trouble, that contribute valuable information, and are kind to the newcomers.... :lookaroun

banimall

Maybe I'm missing something, why would they give you 2 pins? If they gave me 2 pins I would give one to my kid which will eventually break after a short while and one to keep as a souvenier. Who would give away a pin to some shmo just for throwing away his trash or not cutting in front of me, sounds silly.

MissM

Maybe I'm missing something, why would they give you 2 pins? If they gave me 2 pins I would give one to my kid which will eventually break after a short while and one to keep as a souvenier. Who would give away a pin to some shmo just for throwing away his trash or not cutting in front of me, sounds silly.
The entire concept of pin trading is the trading part. You'd be able to trade the extra pin for any one you liked on any CM's lanyard for example.
-m

speck76

This is very true!
*Here's hoping people are less rude in 12 days*:)

capt.9759236865714dfeb7f88097592b9ef9.baby_giraffe_la104.jpg

Leighbert

I wish WDW would have celebrations like Tokyo does. Look at the Stitch celebration. That was awesome and it didin't even last that long.

I agree that most guests will be happy to go to WDW and get something free and as Kontra said could improve guest behavior....I'll wait to see if it really does though.

What did the Stitch celebration include?

SewIn2Disney

The entire concept of pin trading is the trading part. You'd be able to trade the extra pin for any one you liked on any CM's lanyard for example.
-m
I don't think so, because then everybody would be trading their free pin with a CM, and every CM would have that tink pin already on their lanyard, just like they all have those free Magical Express pins on their lanyards already.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
But it's a lie.

Most guests aren't getting anything from this "celebration" and these pins being forked out are a stop measure to try and help that. Most CMs can't award anythin and most guests wont recieve anything.

And to answer another comment above, yes, its supposed to be 15 months :(
And what special things did we get from the last celebration?:rolleyes:

Celebration is the DC (Disney Correct) way of saying Marketing Campaign. They are not aimed at fanatics like us that visit the parks multiple times per year. They are designed to attract those that have not been in a while or are on the fence deciding if they want to go or not.

Correct me if I am wrong but there is quite a bit else being give away during this campaign, quite a bit more than any other time that I can remember. You act as though this entire campaign consists of CM giving out pins.

If Disney wants to give away pins for good guest behavior then great. It is yet another case of Disney going a little bit farther than their competition to enhance a guests stay. You also under estimate how profound a little gesture like that can be. A year and a half ago my youngest daughter was given an Ariel birthday pin and a phone call from Goofy by a merchandising manager (Matt) at Epcot. She still talks about that as her favorite part of that trip.

Who is to say that there won't be some sort of promotion or celebration for Epcot's 25th? There is a little too much work being done at my favorite park for something not to be going on. But be realistic, it makes no sense to go world wide with an ad campaign for a park that most people know little to nothing about. It made sense to center a campaign around DL because there probably is not a man woman or child on the planet that does not know about it. Epcot, sorry to say, does not have that distinction.

Would I love to see to see a grand promotion around Epcot? Sure. I would also love to see a 5th gate that consists of nothing but Star Wars attractions but it ain't going to happen for the simple reason that it is not economically viable.

MellBelle2

you know what merf...I know what you mean...I think it kinda pains us all that our Epcot isn't getting the celebration it deserves.
I think that they need to bring another huge, brings-you-to-tears kind of parade like Tapestry of Nations and Tapestry of Dreams did for its 25th. Epcot is such a magical place in its own right and should be celebrated along with the Year of a Million Dreams.
On the other side of the debate, I think these pins are actually a fun idea. Everyone loves free things and it adds to your vacation when a cast member does something so simple and nice for you...this pin will just be another special surprise.
I just think that it should be done as an addition to the year of a million dreams...and not instead of a celebration to Epcot...I'm on the fence w/ this one

iheartdisney91

so if a cast member gets a pin or two in this matter then gives one away sort of like a bff necklace, then they only have one now and then they have to pin trade it if a guest wants it? this sounds sorta fun but they need to celebrate 25 magical yrs at epcot.:lookaroun

Stitch69

You sound really bitter. Relax. I think Tink pins a wonderful idea and will be happy to receive one- hopefully more than one. Sorry< I love EPCOT - but let's not get crazy .:brick:

banimall

I can see it already, "Hey how come that kid got a pin and my kid didn't get a pin" ...rumble, rumble, guest altercation.

They're going to have to be very discreet when they hand out these extra benefits to selected guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom