Save the Adventurers Club

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Did you have the deluxe annual pass at the time? (The one with the water parks included). There was never a time when you got free admission.
Towards the end, it was free to get into the clubs from 7-9. My wife and I had APs to PI and we would bring our daughters to the AC from 7-9 and they would head back to the room when the free time period ended.

TrainsOfDisney

Towards the end, it was free to get into the clubs from 7-9. My wife and I had APs to PI and we would bring our daughters to the AC from 7-9 and they would head back to the room when the free time period ended.

Ah! Interesting. I guess I was always watching fireworks ha. I knew I always had to pay if I wanted to go in! Ha

Goofyernmost

Did you have the deluxe annual pass at the time? (The one with the water parks included). There was never a time when you got free admission.
Nope, just a regular visitor to Orlando. I'm not even sure they had a deluxe annual back then, but they might have offered one. I wouldn't have researched that. I just know I didn't have anything like that.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Nope, just a regular visitor to Orlando. I'm not even sure they had a deluxe annual back then, but they might have offered one. I wouldn't have researched that. I just know I didn't have anything like that.
There was a time when you could get what was called a "length of stay pass" as a ticket with a vacation package. I had one for a trip I did in April of 1998 and it even covered the resort guest's preview of Ak.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
So, when I priced out Atlantic for a wedding in 2016, for 6 hours it was roughly 60k rounded down. Me and the ex-wife wound up doing the ballroom at Portofino for 10 hours, with dinner, dancing, and alot of add ons for a total of 75k. Cost wise, it was a better deal, because dinner options kept adding onto the cost with Atlantic. And they wouldn't let my ex's jazz band perform without some serious implications. The Port was the better deal.

On average, to have a character present for a private event, it's about 5k a character for a half hour set for 2 sets. It's not cheap. There's alot that goes into that cost. Performer, attendant, cleaning, and it could go up if it's a character that's hard to come by. Pain and Panic are a good one in this field as well as Darkwing. They're expensive per set and will run a pretty penny but worth it.

That being said, it'd be awesome to fork over a couple of k and have the performers in an element they could groove to again.

I'd also recommend no one ever have a wedding with over a 150 guests. It was a nightmare cost wise. And I'm pretty sure I never saw most of those family members again after that.

you spent $75k on a wedding and she's now an EX??!! *faints* 😳 😳 😳 😳

trainplane3

you spent $75k on a wedding and she's now an EX??!! *faints* 😳 😳 😳 😳
A family friend did a wedding in Disney the total budget way. Got a large room at Poly, had a priest and their few friends come to the room, do the whole little "I do" thing, have some snacks, and go into the park. I really like that idea. Simple, does the same thing a large wedding would do but without all the pizzazz.

I'm pretty sure you can have the Adventurers Club crew for any event. Our best friend Tom had them at the Beachclub outside on the beach for some event.

TrainsOfDisney

I guess it was the 5-7 pm preview thing that was mentioned before, unless it was included in your ticket media.

How long did that free preview thing last? Now that I think about it... Citizens were always ending at 5:00 so I would have been watching them from 5-5:30 most days and then heading over to mk or Epcot for fireworks. Those were the days!

lazyboy97o

The tale that The Adventurer’s Club was losing money just isn’t true. It was still doing fine and there were attempts to reopen it and even serious offers to buy it or run it as a third party operation. It was closed and kept closed out of stubbornness and spite, not “good business”. Disney had their “bold new vision” and was not going to admit their shoddy market research and poorly timed decision.

TrainsOfDisney

Yeah.... that’s what I meant when I said it’s more complicated. Ha.

All of the clubs kinda got lumped together... which is a shame because AC and Comedy Warehouse could have easily worked long term with some updates.

The Colonel

The tale that The Adventurer’s Club was losing money just isn’t true. It was still doing fine and there were attempts to reopen it and even serious offers to buy it or run it as a third party operation. It was closed and kept closed out of stubbornness and spite, not “good business”. Disney had their “bold new vision” and was not going to admit their shoddy market research and poorly timed decision.
Their bold new vision at the time was called Hyperion Wharf. ha ha

bubbles1812

Total cost was 92k. She was a bit of a gold digger. I regret nothing though, as I had a blast and my Rabbi was able to fly down for it.
Good god. And I thought my brother’s 60k Downtown Chicago wedding last month was bad. My parents were happy the rehearsal dinner was only 7-8k. My brother very luckily married a girl whose father could easily foot the bill but still... That being said, the wedding was a blast so I get it. Cheers to you! I’m glad you had fun and have no regrets.

TrainsOfDisney

Probably too adult for today's Disney. Are they in other shows in the parks?

The actors? Yes. Citizens of Hollywood, frozen sing-along, hoop-dee-doo, finding Nemo, Indiana Jones, etc. all have past Comedy Warehouse / Adventurers Club performers.

Adventurers Club could be toned down for an all-ages crowd quite easily just like Comedy Warehouse Holiday Special that they did in the parks for like 5 years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom