Save the Adventurers Club

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I have NEVER claimed to be an imagineer. Ever.

You do work for the company on some level though. And your constant aggression towards those forum members with anything negative to say about your employer is starting to get tiresome. Maybe you should be working to improve guest satisfaction at the parks and not here berating those who aren't satisfied.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Happy 23 birthday Adventurers Club and Pleasure Island! May we be partying like it is 1989 one again before your 24th comes around!

71jason

Sorry to sully this flame-war with real news, but...

http://www.wdwradio.com/2012/04/1st...ent-friday-sept-28-2012-american-adventurers/

Clearly an AdvClub-inspired event, although timed to conflict with the first night of the Congaloosh (which, in fairness, really isn't anything formal). I've heard through the grapevine one fan-favorite former AdvClub actor has hinted at his involvement, and I know another long-time actor has played Ben Franklin for years. So this could be a club reunion of sorts.

I'm curious, but $205 is really steep for a complete unknown. Anyone heard any more details?

hrcollectibles

I was looking at SFRT

SFRT?

Fights break out at bus stops, people DATW

DATW?

I have been away from the boards for a while mind shedding some light on these acronyms? I realize they save time by shortening the words, but never understood using them on a message board, text messages I understand as there are character limits. And not everyone knows what they mean. Why not just take the few seconds to type the words out in their entirety?

hrcollectibles

http://www.wdwradio.com/2012/04/1st...ent-friday-sept-28-2012-american-adventurers/

Clearly an AdvClub-inspired event, although timed to conflict with the first night of the Congaloosh (which, in fairness, really isn't anything formal). I've heard through the grapevine one fan-favorite former AdvClub actor has hinted at his involvement, and I know another long-time actor has played Ben Franklin for years. So this could be a club reunion of sorts.

I'm curious, but $205 is really steep for a complete unknown. Anyone heard any more details?

That is a little steep. And I find it interesting that there is a Fee, above the event ticket price, me thinks the "fee" is to circumvent the paypal fee, which if true, is against paypal policy.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
And for what it's worth.. There is now a clear and concise plan for PI, AC, and the rest of the area.. And AC is no where in those plans... Not even the building (the first floor was originally gonig to be kept)..

Proof/source? I have friends that still work at PI and nothing concrete has come up or been mentioned recently.

Captain Chaos

According to the quoted forum member/wannabe insider, they were going to unveil the plans at the shareholders meeting. His proof is that he is parroting what he has read surfing the disney fan sites.

And despite the posts now missing (probably removed as part of a flame war), he said the building was to be demolished in March... Until any official plans come out (and even then, things are to be taken with a huge dose of salt) and the building is actually demolished or repurposed, anything can happen...

wdw71fan

And as much as you may try, neither are you. Again, if you don't like the opinions expressed here, don't bother with the thread. But like it or not, it's not going anywhere....

I haven't said the thread should be closed.. It's a great place to discuss the future of the building formerly known as the AC.. And until you and the rest of the WDWMagic pitch fork committee stop posting mindless drivel about the AC leaving being a horrible mistake in OTHER threads, then this one is fair for discussion as well..

Perhaps if you don't like what the 99% have to say, you should take your "Save AC" discussion in PRIVATE messages?

Otherwise, I can voice my opinion, even if you don't like it. I'm not here to rub rainbows on your sore spots, and if my opinions rub salt in your wounds, then you need to be thicker skinned.. I'm not lashing out with personal attacks, and I never will..

A few facts:

- As I stated in another thread that was hijacked by the Pro-AC crowd.. I was misinformed about the timing of the announcement regarding the plans.. Thats why it didn't happen..

- I have never claimed to work for the Disney company, or any subsidary.. You can draw your own conclusions.

- The AC is closed, and gutted, and is prepared for demolition. The demo wasn't halted because plans changed for the future of the structure. It was a "Stop everything and lets restructure the plan." moment.. Thats it... It has nothing to do with some speculative blog, this thread, or the beating-tearing hearts of the AC fanbois...

Truth Missles.

ledemissiles1.jpg

71jason

That is a little steep. And I find it interesting that there is a Fee, above the event ticket price, me thinks the "fee" is to circumvent the paypal fee, which if true, is against paypal policy.

Yeah, it is, but roughly same as original Congaloosh, for sort of the same thing. No idea about Paypal.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I haven't said the thread should be closed.. It's a great place to discuss the future of the building formerly known as the AC.. And until you and the rest of the WDWMagic pitch fork committee stop posting mindless drivel about the AC leaving being a horrible mistake in OTHER threads, then this one is fair for discussion as well..

Perhaps if you don't like what the 99% have to say, you should take your "Save AC" discussion in PRIVATE messages?

Otherwise, I can voice my opinion, even if you don't like it. I'm not here to rub rainbows on your sore spots, and if my opinions rub salt in your wounds, then you need to be thicker skinned.. I'm not lashing out with personal attacks, and I never will..

A few facts:

- As I stated in another thread that was hijacked by the Pro-AC crowd.. I was misinformed about the timing of the announcement regarding the plans.. Thats why it didn't happen..

- I have never claimed to work for the Disney company, or any subsidary.. You can draw your own conclusions.

- The AC is closed, and gutted, and is prepared for demolition. The demo wasn't halted because plans changed for the future of the structure. It was a "Stop everything and lets restructure the plan." moment.. Thats it... It has nothing to do with some speculative blog, this thread, or the beating-tearing hearts of the AC fanbois...

Truth Missles.

ledemissiles1.jpg

I never said you wanted the thread closed. Only that if you don't like the reaction to your to others in this thread, you had the option not to post here.

And in case you hadn't noticed, 99% of the people here are in favor of the AC being reopened. Alas, you are in the minority, and somehow are surprised by the negative reaction you're receiving.....

I never "lashed out" in some personal attack. But you're obviously trying to become known as an "insider" around here, and unfortunately not having any luck gaining traction. Of course, making bold predications that don't come to fruition doesn't help your case any.

The only one make personal attacks is you, and your characterization of the "fanbois" in this thread. Again, if you don't like what's being discussed here, no one is making you participate.

And I have no idea what "Truth Missiles" is supposed to represent, although I'm sure you had some arcane reason for their being in there. But you stay classy! :wave:

asianway

It sounds like they bought one of these - with an equity add on:

http://www.disneymedialab.com/dvm/concepts/American_Adventure_Rotunda-EC.pdf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom