Save the Adventurers Club

Scooter

Here's an idea... If there can be two Rainforest Cafe's on Disney Property, and Le Cellier is the most popular and hard to get an ADR for restaurant on property, why not turn The Adventurers club into another Le Cellier? It's guaranteed to make money and we won't have a building sitting empty. As long as they kept the same menu (Gotta have the warm bread sticks and Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup) it would be a hit.

Scooter

and I remember when you could go into the AC gift shop and they had really awesome Adventurers clothes you could buy. I heard the Club itself was kinda cool also. Too bad it's gone.

mikeanabean

Really, how long must this post go on????? I agree the club was fun but come on!!!! If it comes back then great but if it doesn't then oh well. This thread will not convince Disney exec's to bring it back.

CaptainMichael

Really, how long must this post go on????? I agree the club was fun but come on!!!! If it comes back then great but if it doesn't then oh well. This thread will not convince Disney exec's to bring it back.

Perhaps if you had taken 5 seconds to see why it was bumped, you wouldn't look so foolish right now.:xmas:

Lee

Adventurer
If it comes back then great but if it doesn't then oh well.
"oh well"?!?!?
You have clearly identified yourself as a non-Adventurer, who doesn't understand the gravity of the situation and the enormous impact of the loss of the Club.
Good day to you.

:cool:

Scooter

I don't think the thread needs to close...it just needs to be moved to the "Past Attractions" section where it now belongs. Then all the Adventurers could go there and talk about the past just like the Mr Toad's Wild Ride groupies do.

Mr.EPCOT

I don't think the thread needs to close...it just needs to be moved to the "Past Attractions" section where it now belongs. Then all the Adventurers could go there and talk about the past just like the Mr Toad's Wild Ride groupies do.

I'd say there is a lot more that's been going on in this thread than just reminiscing about a former attraction. The nature of the common interest in the Club allows for the experience to continue on after its closure, by way of things like the Congaloosh. Some of us are interested in what the actors are doing now, also. This location within the forum will properly draw attention to whatever might be going on, as opposed to Past Attractions where it would probably go unnoticed. And, of course, there are always the rumors, however small of a chance it might be, that the Club will return.

It doesn't hurt that this thread is many times more civil than some of the other threads (present company excluded, of course).

The moderators probably realize all of this, and, thankfully, you are not one of them.

Scooter

I'd say there is a lot more that's been going on in this thread than just reminiscing about a former attraction. The nature of the common interest in the Club allows for the experience to continue on after its closure, by way of things like the Congaloosh. Some of us are interested in what the actors are doing now, also. This location within the forum will properly draw attention to whatever might be going on, as opposed to Past Attractions where it would probably go unnoticed. And, of course, there are always the rumors, however small of a chance it might be, that the Club will return.

It doesn't hurt that this thread is many times more civil than some of the other threads (present company excluded, of course).

The moderators probably realize all of this, and, thankfully, you are not one of them.

Not sure why you consider me uncivil when I simply gave an opinion. Perhaps it's because my opinion is not to your liking. I consider an attraction/venue thats been closed for over a year and is auctioning everything inside it off to be a Past Attraction. I merely suggested moving it so that those of you who still want to discuss this past attraction will forever have a place to discuss said attraction. If it's get-togethers or personal experiances you want to discuss then it's also my opinion that it should be done in the chit-chat section of the boards. I have great respect for all the moderators on this board and I certainly do not want to offend them, I do, however think that certain discussions belong in their appropriate places in/on a discussion board.
Scooter

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Well said Mr. EPCOT! Yes, this tread belongs in the news and rumors section simply for the Club still stands and the artifacts are still inside. Granted we have heard reports of some items having left the building, but a peek inside clearly shows that it is mostly intact, and the only auctioned items have been from the actors personal collections. Also, as Chipmunk said at ConGaloosh, The Adventurers Club is still alive in all of its fans and it will never go away, and while it may sound sappy and sentimental, I believe he hit the nail on the head. This has also reminded me that I have wanted to post a few images that I recently came in possesion of, below is the information passed out at ConGaloosh 2009 of the latest postcard writing campaign to Bruce Vaughn, Chief Creative Executive of Walt Disney Imagineering.

ConGaloosh2009PostcardCampaign.jpg

ConGaloosh2009Postcard.jpg

It is still not too late to let Disney know how we feel about the removal of our beloved Adventurers Club. In fact, continuing to let them know that we want our Club back shows them that we are serious and are not going to let them hear the end of it. So please join in the latest movement to return a piece of Walt's Legacy!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Mouse Detective

I do, however think that certain discussions belong in their appropriate places in/on a discussion board.

At the same time, no one forces anyone to click on threads of subjects one is not interested in. If you don't want to view this discussion, don't look at it.

Adventurers Club is not yet a past attraction. It's been available for private parties for the past 6 months. Speculation about it reopening in some form is an active discussion. This is, afterall, the Rumors section.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom