Save the Adventurers Club

Did Knee

Could someone please outline in a non-confrontational way what the evidence is exactly regarding impending (on not) AC demolition? Master Gracey, I already PM'd you regarding this, but if you can respond publicly on this please do.

Captain Chaos

Could someone please outline in a non-confrontational way what the evidence is exactly regarding impending (on not) AC demolition? Master Gracey, I already PM'd you regarding this, but if you can respond publicly on this please do.

Permits have been filed that are valid into 2013 for demolition of numerous clubs, some of which have already been demolished... AC is on the list to be demolished... HOWEVER, all demolition has been stopped for some months now... There are no signs that demolition will be starting again, but that doesn't mean there won't be any more demolition...

There were also plans filed by Disney for the area which showed AC being replaced by seed and mulch, nothing else... MouseDetective posted a link on the previous page regarding this information...

Disney realized they whiffed on Hyperion Wharf and now the project is stopped and all but cancelled... Staggs has said plans were forth coming, but nothing has been announced yet... Who knows what the current plans are, if they include demolition of the club or not...

I never been to AC... If they tore the building down tomorrow I wouldn't miss it... But if they tore it down and replaced it with only grass, I'd be annoyed as much as AC fans... I'd rather a building remain empty, at least they can do SOMETHING with it rather than it knocked down for a little grassy area that will probably remain behind walls LOL....

Master Gracey

Original Poster

All I can say is that I was fortunate enough to chat with an a person who may or may not be in connection with WED who told me that there are to be no further demolitions and to keep putting the pressure on Disney about how much the Adventurers Club is loved, missed and how badly it is wanted to make a return.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
All I can say is that I was fortunate enough to chat with an a person who may or may not be in connection with WED who told me that there are to be no further demolitions and to keep putting the pressure on Disney about how much the Adventurers Club is loved, missed and how badly it is wanted to make a return.

And that's all the proof I need to keep hope alive.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
In keeping whith what I was told about continuing to put the pressure onto Disney about how the Adventurers Club is still a relevant and much demanded venue, I though it would be a good idea to once again post the "Pleasure Island Guest Survey" I put up a few months ago.

PleasuerIslandSurvey-YouveGotAPoint.jpg

Download PDF file at:
http://www.mediafire.com/?9vb2vy0zsk6w9kz

As Lee mentioned in the "Plan C for Pleasure Island" thread:

I can tell you that the stream of complaints into TDO and Burbank since the closing of PI in general, and the AC in particular, has been nothing short of extraordinary. Far greater than for any other closure in company history.

I have been told by certain people that it has become a sore spot within the organization, and that there has been a significant amount of push-back from within to try to undo the mistakes made with the closing of PI. Thus far, those efforts have been stymied by certain individuals who refuse to acknowledge that any mistakes were made and are prevented by ego from ever admitting that they were wrong and trying to make it right."

Adventurers, let us lend our support to those who wish to undo their mistakes and help their voices be heard by once again taking up pen and sending in those letters to let the Execs know that the song of Adventure will not be silcenced and our Club must be reopened! And for those who would like their letters to have an even more official look, may I suggest picking up a packet of parchment and affixing the Official Adventurers Club Letterhead to the upper left corner of your message.

AdventurersLetterhead.jpg

And once again, while I would say message as many Disney offices as you can, here are a core group of five individuals who must be included:

Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Thomas O. Staggs
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
C/O Team Disney Building
500 South Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

John Lasseter
Chief Creative Officer
Walt Disney and Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios
1200 Park Avenue
Emeryville, CA 94608

Meg Crofton
President
President of Operations- US & France
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Keith Bradford
VP Downtown Disney
Walt Disney World Company
P.O. Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

This battle is far from over Adventurers, and support for the Club's return must outweigh those "who refuse to acknowledge that any mistakes were made and are prevented by ego from ever admitting that they were wrong and trying to make it right"!

Did Knee

Wasn't there a rumor that some announcement regarding PI would be made prior to the shareholders meeting? The meeting is today isn't it? Was any announcement made, or is one allegedly pending, perhaps during the meeting?

DocMcHulk

Wasn't there a rumor that some announcement regarding PI would be made prior to the shareholders meeting? The meeting is today isn't it? Was any announcement made, or is one allegedly pending, perhaps during the meeting?

The meeting is already over. nothing announced.

Pioneer Hall

well, where was my annual report?? Kind of early in the year for the annual shareholder meeting, but I dont doubt you.

As far as I remember, Disney has always held their meeting in mid-march. Your annual report should have come to you a few weeks or so ago in the mail unless you opt to get it all online.

71jason

The meeting is already over. nothing announced.

I missed the whole online fight, but I think the source of that rumor was outed as a troll. I saw reference to many posts being deleted, and haven't seen anything from him since.

well, where was my annual report?? Kind of early in the year for the annual shareholder meeting, but I dont doubt you.

The Spirit posted a link to the annual report a couple weeks ago, as I recall. "Interesting Reading" or something like that. Why you didn't get a copy is between you and TWDC. :confused:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member

Not early at all. Disney is a September 30 year end. Annual Report and Proxy Statement required to be available within 120 days, so that would have been end of January. A meeting 45 days from that is pretty much the norm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom