Save the Adventurers Club

Pioneer Hall

I am amazed at the deleting of posts by moderators on this site. It really has gone down hill over the years as it is all about pandering to insiders and deleting things that are against there own interests. If someone posts crap and you call them on it then then they senor. It's like china on here with all the censorship.

~going down the toilet fast~

I would normally delete this, but I'll answer. If you don't like the way the site is moderated, then feel free to go elsewhere. No rule says that you have to stay at this specific site. No one running this site panders to insiders, and whether you think so or not we look at each post the same way.

Lee

Adventurer
I would normally delete this, but I'll answer. If you don't like the way the site is moderated, then feel free to go elsewhere. No rule says that you have to stay at this specific site. No one running this site panders to insiders, and whether you think so or not we look at each post the same way.

Wow...mine from last night got cut?
I was actually kinda proud of that one...:shrug:

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
neither do i.. So.. The question remains, what is best thing to replace PI.. including AC, 8Trax, and Soundstage? Would want to see new CLUBS or are you ok with the HW plan of more dining and shopping with a thematic backdrop?

Start a new thread. Title it "What should be done with PI going forward?" Stop trying to hijack this one.

wdw71fan

Start a new thread. Title it "What should be done with PI going forward?" Stop trying to hijack this one.

Last time I checked , any member is allowed to post in any thread.. if you want a private conversation about PI/AC I suggest you use the forums Private Messaging feature.

I did post some inflamatory comments (that have been moderated and deleted, and I respect that) that I regret, but I didn't understand why I was being roasted over the coals for asking a simple question? I didn't mean to poke the angry beast here.. Just trying to find out if there is anything the PI/AC faithful would 'settle' for.....

We all know the clubs are gone for good (not in spirit obviously), lets have friendly adult discussion... I miss Horizons, Wonders, and soon I'll miss Snow White's Scary Adventures.. but we don't need to attack each other over it...

Bigger and brighter future... The power of positive thinking.

GLaDOS

Bigger and brighter future... The power of positive thinking.

If you believe there's a bigger and brighter future ahead for PI, I've got a working Yeti to sell you.

After almost three and a half years, I think it's pretty obvious they have no idea what that future is.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
If you believe there's a bigger and brighter future ahead for PI, I've got a working Yeti to sell you.

After almost three and a half years, I think it's pretty obvious they have no idea what that future is.
In all fairness, could it get any worse? If it couldn't then there is nowhere to go but up.:lol:

GLaDOS

In all fairness, could it get any worse? If it couldn't then there is nowhere to go but up.:lol:

I meant in relation to its past.:lol:

But yes, I guess at this point there's nothing that could make it worse. Save for it just becoming a giant DVC cart. Or every building being filled with clones of SGE.:lookaroun

Mouse Detective

I missed the post about AC being demolished in March. Was that one of the deletions?

As far as replacements go, I just don't understand why they can't reopen a couple of the old clubs. I can understand it would be hard to retool Adventurer's Club to make it profitable enough compared to alternatives. But Manneqins, there is no use for that large of a space. And what is wrong with a comedy club? Having a handful of adult options does not make the area family unfriendly.

Mouse Detective

I would imagine permits would have to be filed before demolition occurs right?? and So far nothing has been filed, correct???

The original construction permit covered the demolition of the clubs that did get demolished last year and the Adventurers Club building. Don't know if the permits lapse after awhile but if they don't, they are already covered by a permit.

Captain Chaos

The original construction permit covered the demolition of the clubs that did get demolished last year and the Adventurers Club building. Don't know if the permits lapse after awhile but if they don't, they are already covered by a permit.

Was Adventurer's Club on the permit used for the demolition of the other clubs??? I didn't recall... Hopefully someone can confirm if permits expire after a set period of time... Cause I really don't know either...

Mouse Detective

Was Adventurer's Club on the permit used for the demolition of the other clubs??? I didn't recall... Hopefully someone can confirm if permits expire after a set period of time... Cause I really don't know either...

It took me awhile but I found the article that shows the permit filed on 10/18/10. That's more than a year ago but the expiration date on it looks like 12/31/13. So plenty of time.
http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2010/10/breaking-news-pi-demolition-to-begin.html

Mouse Detective

Nice find, thanks MD... Plenty of time to decide what to do with the building...

Well if they tear it down next month then they'll need time to figure out what to do with the space, not the building, lol! But another article at SPI shows the plans for that area after the buildings come down: seed & mulch only.

Captain Chaos

Well if they tear it down next month then they'll need time to figure out what to do with the space, not the building, lol! But another article at SPI shows the plans for that area after the buildings come down: seed & mulch only.

I remember those plans... and someone said the new sheriff has a grand plan including the seed and mulch LOL... Ahh well, we'll just have to see if they do tear the building down next month... I'm doubting they will...

71jason

Rumor a while back was turn the downstairs into office space, turn the Mezzanine level into seed and mulch (which I guess would seem like a street level park or something...assuming it's not hidden behind walls like the rest of the seed and mulch).

Master Gracey

Original Poster
OK, well, I'll in in Kissimmee one night next week..... Anything to see at the AC other than a bunch of potted plants in front of our beloved building ??

Well if you peer into the side windows you will see the chandelier still hanging, but opposed to what some are saying, the building will be standing and for quite some time since there are no plans for demolition.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom