Save the Adventurers Club

sakraft1

which is better?

I never had the old one but I probably would have liked it better :). The only reason I ever ordered the new one was to get the Colonel Cup.

Alcoholically speaking, The Adventurers Club was the first place I ever had a Corona (which was also my first time in the club.) If they ever reopen the first thing I'll go for will either be a corona out of nostalgia or some top shelf bourbon.

sakraft1

I never had the old one but I probably would have liked it better :). The only reason I ever ordered the new one was to get the Colonel Cup.

Alcoholically speaking, The Adventurers Club was the first place I ever had a Corona (which was also my first time in the club.) If they ever reopen the first thing I'll go for will either be a corona out of nostalgia or some top shelf bourbon.

Or whatever they might be selling in a commemorative cup ;)

flavious27

which is better?
Old Kungaloosh Recipe -- Circa 1997

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 1/4 ounce vodka
1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 splash cranberry juice
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix well.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Kungaloosh Recipe -- since 2000 or so[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Toss it in a blender with enough ice to make it slushy.[/FONT]​

That is two totally different drinks

flavious27

Well Adventurers, take a look at what pictures I just recieved in my inbox:

Cookbook.jpg

Cookbook-Kungaloosh.jpg

Cookbook-Hoopla.jpg

Unfortunalty no news about the reopening, but it's nice to see Adventurers Club materials in official print!​

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Oh sweet, I can find a companion for the 90's edition my mom gave me.

Buried20KLeague

I know that they would have the buildings still on the map so people don't start to ask what those empty are and why are they closed.

But I thought they were slated to see the wrecking ball, as well. ??

What you're saying I would agree with... But that would lead one to believe they were no longer slated for demolition, which would be a change from the original plan, no?

This is actually sort of interesting... I think?

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

What you're saying I would agree with... But that would lead one to believe they were no longer slated for demolition, which would be a change from the original plan, no?

Perhaps for the inaccuracies on the map, but that's about it for me.....

Buried20KLeague

Perhaps for the inaccuracies on the map, but that's about it for me.....

It seems like someone would have had to make the conscious decision to leave them on there, but take off others though...

Were (or are) all those buildings set to be demoed? That's the first question we need answered.

GymLeaderPhil

They are slated for demolition in a later phase of construction. I'm sure an updated map will reflect those changes once they are surrounded by construction walls.

stitch2008

They are slated for demolition in a later phase of construction. I'm sure an updated map will reflect those changes once they are surrounded by construction walls.

If all the buildings are coming down, it seems like it would make sense for them to remove all the buildings from the map at the same time. They don't really have anything to gain by keeping buildings on a map when there is nothing going on inside. :shrug:

GymLeaderPhil

If all the buildings are coming down, it seems like it would make sense for them to remove all the buildings from the map at the same time. They don't really have anything to gain by keeping buildings on a map when there is nothing going on inside. :shrug:
Pretty common for all of the parks to continue including artistic representations of areas closed for instructional purposes. Until they're demolished, they typically don't get lush forests on the guide maps so as not to confuse guests.

Partay poopah.

:lol:
Oh believe me I wish I could be back at the bar with club.

vonpluto

which is better?
Old Kungaloosh Recipe -- Circa 1997

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 1/4 ounce vodka
1 1/4 ounce Malibu Rum
3/4 ounce Midori (melon liqueur)
2 tablespoons pineapple juice
1 splash cranberry juice
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Mix well.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]New Kungaloosh Recipe -- since 2000 or so[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 cup Daily's Strawberry Daiquiri Mix
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum
1/4 cup blackberry brandy
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Toss it in a blender with enough ice to make it slushy.[/FONT]​

The original is best, especially when filling an AC canteen!:slurp:

The newer recipe is a poor mans Slurpee.:hurl:

flavious27

The plans have them being demoed, the maps will change when they start that work.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
I've posted this in abother thread, but I'll repeat it here. One of my friend's father worked at DTD during the Festival of the Masters. He spoke with some of the construction people that were preparing the Motion, RNRBC area for demolition, about the "PI Construction Permits" that were supposedly filed on Oct. 18th. They said that they had no idea where these papers came from, because they have not heard anything about the Adventurers Club or Soundstage being demolished at any point! So, as always, who the heck knows what really is going on!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

jDoor

Banned
Truthfully.. The map is left as in-tact as the island itself... Guests use the maps as reference points to walk around.. not just to go to point a or point b.. They orient themselves with the buildings around them.... Whack them off the map, and the customers are confused, because the building that is there.. isn't on the map..

The other two buildings have already begun demolition.. They will be gone by the close of next week... They BET/soundstage and A/C get their turn..

It's unfortunate, and AC will be sorely missed, that much is clear.. but don't read anything into the maps.. I was told that all of the major structure demolition was to be completed by March

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom