Saturday D23 Announcement - Marvel Land at DCA

shortstop

If Marvel is going into Bug's Land, is a northern expansion of the HWL area into the current bus load area still in the cards in the long term future? For something other than Marvel I hope?

Hatbox Ghostbuster

I had TRON on VHS when I was a kid. It was boring then and it's boring now. When the sequel came out for no apparent reason, everyone suddenly started acting like they were fans of TRON. Everyone loves TRON now!
I saw the sequel in theatres around 10am and it put me to sleep. Everyone "loves" Tron, because it was picked up by stores like Hot Topic and branded hipster cool. Plus, it has ties to the 80's which makes everyone who likes it feel even cooler.

D

Deleted member 107043

Those movies are nearly 10 years old and approaching obscurity via zero merchandise sales.

Good animated films are timeless, and there's a huge iconic landmark in the center of DL based on a film that's approaching 60 years old.

I get the dislike of the constant barrage of character branding, but I see the inclusion of Pixar in the parks as being only slightly different than the way Walt handled his popular characters of the day at DL back in 1955.

Last edited by a moderator:

Curious Constance

I had TRON on VHS when I was a kid. It was boring then and it's boring now. When the sequel came out for no apparent reason, everyone suddenly started acting like they were fans of TRON. Everyone loves TRON now!
Everyone yet no one.

NO ONE will buy Tron stuff at the exit gift shop will they?

Travel Junkie

The TRON popcorn bucket is pretty sweet. I should have bought some over there and re-sold them on E Bay. Would have made a killing. They also had a burger meal combo that was delivered in a lightcycle. Those stuff will sell pretty well. I don't much else merch doing anything over here at least that is currently there.

Phroobar

Everyone yet no one.

NO ONE will buy Tron stuff at the exit gift shop will they?
iwill-logo.png

Phroobar

What we need is new Black Hole toys. Figures of Vincent, Maximilian and the black robot STAR go for a ton of money. I can buy a car for what old Bob and the Humanoid go for.
Blackhole3.jpg

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You can thank Hot Topic and goth-lite culture for that one.

More likely because tNbXmas is seasonal and hits upon two popular holidays.

What we really need is for T3ON to be related to a holiday. How about if the computer sprites come into the real world on Easter! TRON R3SURR3CTION! Everyone can glow in pastel colors!

Hatbox Ghostbuster

More likely because tNbXmas is seasonal and hits upon two popular holidays.

What we really need is for T3ON to be related to a holiday. How about if the computer sprites come into the real world on Easter! TRON R3SURR3CTION! Everyone can glow in pastel colors!
Yeah, but people outside of Disney parks also buy NBC merch year-round independent of the horrid...er....beloved overlay.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom