Saturday D23 Announcement - Marvel Land at DCA

Bob Harlem

Okay. So what would a Universal ad have to do with Disney's use of Spider-Man at DCA?

Just pointing out the fact Having a Spider Man ride on the west coast and East coasts (and Japan), is going to be confusing as hell for the general public who don't pay close attention with this type of advertising. And would that impact Spiderman being its own named ride or just having a part in another ride.

Californian Elitist

Just pointing out the fact Having a Spider Man ride on the west coast and East coasts (and Japan), is going to be confusing as hell for the general public who don't pay close attention with this type of advertising.

Probably. But even if people do get confused, Disney and Universal can't help that. People get confused between the Disney properties. Disney has already began advertising Spider-Man for DCA.

britain

Some people think Wizarding World is at Disney too.

I am curious to think about Spider-Man in D-ticket terms... unless the dark ride replacing Bugs Land is a legitimate family friendly E.

TP2000

Original Poster
So what are the odds we hear something about Marvel Land at ComicCon this weekend. I'm thinking not good.

I doubt we'll hear anything. The Anaheim Planning Commission has tabled all meetings until August 7th, so if there was no reason to say anything about Marvel Land on July 15th, there's still no reason to say anything on July 22nd.

mickEblu

I doubt we'll hear anything. The Anaheim Planning Commission has tabled all meetings until August 7th, so if there was no reason to say anything about Marvel Land on July 15th, there's still no reason to say anything on July 22nd.

There's always the slight chance that the plan was always to announce Marvel Land at ComicCon. As messy as the eastern gateway project sounds, is it REALLY possible that SWL opens without the new parking lot?

Phroobar

There's always the slight chance that the plan was always to announce Marvel Land at ComicCon. As messy as the eastern gateway project sounds, is it REALLY possible that SWL opens without the new parking lot?
It would seem like better marketing to announce Marvel Land at ComicCon. I did a quick check of the schedule and I didn't see anything about Disneyland, WDI or Marvel land. I might have missed it.

Last edited:

SSG

Since part of the Eastern Gateway Project is moving the bus zone in order to expand DCA, the project stalling could be what's holding up the Marvel Land announcement

mickEblu

Since part of the Eastern Gateway Project is moving the bus zone in order to expand DCA, the project stalling could be what's holding up the Marvel Land announcement

Right, I think this is the most likely scenario. It's just hard for me to believe there is a scenario where SWL opens up without the new parking lot and since Disney knows this I thought maybe there is a small percentage they are bold enough to announce something this weekend, even during the current messy situation.

Curious Constance

So what are the odds we hear something about Marvel Land at ComicCon this weekend. I'm thinking not good.

I'd bet money that nothing new will be mentioned. It wouldn't seem fair to hold out on D23 for parks related info, only to give it to Comic Con. Yes they announced GOTG last year at Comic con, but there was no D23 last year, and there was an upcoming GOTG movie to promote.

SSG

Going back through the building permits, Disney applied to build the parking structure on October 27, 2016. That permit is just sitting there stamped 'Received'

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom