Saratoga Bottom of The Barrell......

tjkraz

I could be wrong, but you seem to be saying that the room couldnt have been filthy because others were happy with theirs and never had an untidy room. Odd given that you had previously stated that ware and tear is to be expected, which I would have thought seems to confirm that things can be less than 100% if not restored. :shrug:

Yes you are wrong. I don't believe I ever questioned OPs comments regarding the condition of his room. He said that there were some maintenance issues and I accept that.

What I am saying is that this "bottom of the barrel" and "Motel 6" talk is just a bunch of drama to call attention to oneself, and not consistent with the majority of experiences posted here (or anywhere else, for that matter.)

ALL DVC resorts have good rooms and bad rooms. It all depends upon how guests have treated a given room, where it stands in the rehab cycle, and so on. OP's critique of 2 out of 900 rooms is meaningless. As would be my own critique of 1 out of 208 BCV rooms. This talk of sub-standard building materials, future bumps in the maintenance budget and relevance of the resale market is nonsense.

As I say, I was less than impressed with my stay, a fact that was discussed at the time with those who I met up with over our stay. SSR just isnt as good as the other DVC resorts, and that is compounded by tiredrooms. IMHO of course.

I have no problem with relevant critiques of the resort itself. SSR's big selling points will be the attached golf course, the spa, the proximity to Downtown Disney and the Treehouse Villas. If people don't like those features, that's their prerogative. Personally I think we're all better off given that the DVC resorts are not all carbon copies of one-another. SSR doesn't have an animal savanna. it doesn't have boat service to a theme park. It doesn't have valet parking. But if folks are looking for those features, they have options available.

What is a fool's game, IMO, is judging a resort based upon the quality of one or two (or three or five) guest rooms. As soon as a resort has been open for 2-3 months, it's lost that new sheen. Walls get dinged by luggage. Small children draw on the dinner table with their markers. Kitchen utensils are lost or broken and not immediately replaced. You could pick any DVC resort and find guests who were disappointed in the room condition. That's just the reality of dealing with timeshare properties which have high occupancy, small maintenance windows and guests who rarely treat the accommodations as they would their own home.

Honor

SSR our home resort-no complaints

We stay about 8 weeks a year at SSR. We've always had good experiences. I wouldn't let a few bad experiences of a few people worry any newcomers to SSR. Yes, the carpets in some units are looking a little worn, some paint is chipped, etc. But these units get a lot of use.

But whenever we've had a problem, we've called housekeeping and the problem was fixed in a very short time. The problems have been missing kitchen ware, burned out light bulbs, TV remote batteries, dryer not work, all very minor stuff. And I consider myself very picky. Upon arrival, I even wipe down all the hard surfaces in the entire 1-bedroom unit with sanitizer solution (floors included). Yes, I'm weird. But that's my issue, not SSR. Can't wait to go back next week.

kerrie

cant believe it our first room there was wonderfully clean and had a great view and we never heard a thing. But im glad it worked out and im sure they will try to upgrade some of the issues that arise with the next updates they do to the resort:)

amie

Well I am really sad to see that you had such an awful time at SSR, but from the way you have handled yourself and the way that you have insulted everything about the Resort, it clearly isin't a resort for you. I think that no matter what had happened there, you would not have been happy.
I guess thats why Disney has soooo many different types of resorts, there must be something for everyone there. I personally could never stay at a Value resort because of the themeing, but that being said, I could also never stay at GF because of how stuffy the themeing is there.

Here is an article that includes some backround on SSR and the order that the buildings were built.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1564596/disneys_saratoga_springs_resort_spa.html?cat=16

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Well I am really sad to see that you had such an awful time at SSR, but from the way you have handled yourself and the way that you have insulted everything about the Resort, it clearly isin't a resort for you.

Well it definitely isnt the resort for me, but Disney has my money so what do they care. it was certainly more difficult/impossible to get into other resorts last year well see what this year brings, hopefully the new builds will entice others elsewhere and I can get a resort more to my expectation.

KevGuy

Love SSR, and especially Congress Park. Sorry some have a bad time there and it is not up to your standards. Here's a hint for you then, don't come back! :brick:

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Wow how hard are you?

A real keyboard ned/taig.
2885733804_ffcdffe798.jpg

Phonedave

I am sitting in Room 5836 right now.

My nit picky assesment.

Some scratches on the closet door

Nobody had dusted the tops of the ceiling fan blades since the place was built

Carpet it starting to look really worn by the door and and sink area.

Aside from that, its clean (even the tops of the doors and door frames) and in good shape.

-dave

daoust8

My family is staying in a Grand Villa in the Congress Park area. I find myself to e overly detailed and would tell you I see nothing more than some expected aging and wear and tear. It would probably be safe to say this being the first area in SSR to open that it might need some reinvestment soon but nothing thats ruining our stay. A couple burned out light bulbs, scracthes on cabinet doors and a couple walls and some pieces of furniture. The worse thing (and most confusing) is the chandilier in the living room, it hanging crooked and appears that some of the arm are a bit bent - not sure if someone had been swinging from it at one point.

DebS

..........The worse thing (and most confusing) is the chandilier in the living room, it hanging crooked and appears that some of the arm are a bit bent - not sure if someone had been swinging from it at one point.

:ROFLOL:too funny

dixiegirl

The worse thing (and most confusing) is the chandilier in the living room, it hanging crooked and appears that some of the arm are a bit bent - not sure if someone had been swinging from it at one point.

Oh Dam!!! My husband told me he fixed that before we left the room!!!! :lookaroun

Phonedave

I am sitting in Room 5836 right now.

My nit picky assesment.

Some scratches on the closet door

Nobody had dusted the tops of the ceiling fan blades since the place was built

Carpet it starting to look really worn by the door and and sink area.

Aside from that, its clean (even the tops of the doors and door frames) and in good shape.

-dave

I am back and at a computer that does not give me errors every 20 seconds

5836 is in the Paddock area of SSR

As an other update. High Rock Springs Pool opened today after it's refurb, which was a plesant suprise.

I got up, and went to RAC to check in my luggage and the construction fences were up. I went to AK, and when I came back to the resort at around 1:00 the pool was open - sweet, I did not have to go to a quiet pool for the rest of the afternoon

The pool looks good. Nice white bottom. Stairs around the pool were painted too. Slides seem to be re-done as well.

They are still doing some work in the stairs - most likey grouting of seams, as they are now duct taped up.

Other than that, it looks great. Pool heater must still be cranking up though, because it was a mite chilly in there today.

=dave

WDWLOVER1957

Look another person who found a problem with Congress Park area, Im wondering if that area was one of the first opened? Maybe thats why it is so worn. Perhaps Slappy can answer that for us, or perhaps its a conspiracy that not everyone feels Saratoga is Magical.......

I wonder if its got more to do with all the upgrades they offer from value resorts, dont take this as snobbery but if you have no vested interest in a DVC resort you are not going to take as much care as someone who does hopefully

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom