San Angel Inn Updates?

mouse_luv

I have no idea about the refurb, but we were there last week and rode the ride in Mexico and there wasnt any signs of refurb going on as of yet. :shrug:

hawkwood

I was there this past Saturday, and saw no signs of refurb. If they are planning on any kind of refurb or changes, I hope they work on the quality of food and the level of service. The last few times I was there, both were sub-standard. (Which is a bummer, since Mexico used to be one of my preferred eating venues.)

Even the counter service outside has slipped in quality, IMO.

radiohost

San Angel Inn is the BEST/WORST restaurant on property...

Best for atmosphere

Worst for food.

The food is awful, and wayyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced!! Such a shame for this restaurant which used to be so good.

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Wow...I have to say this is not the first time I've heard bad reviews of their food.
We went there twice during our last trip and loved it!
You can't beat the atmosphere but we were happy with the food, although it is a little pricey (we went for lunch both times).

Is it the quality of the food or the selection that needs some special attention?

DisneyJunkie

San Angel Inn has great food and a great atmosphere.

My wife and I have eaten there numerous times and have always loved the atmosphere in the pyramid and the restaurant, and the food has always been great, particularly the deserts (in times past......the last time we were there the same desert wasn't on the menu).

(Fortunately, each time we've been there, it was because we were on a vacation package with the Dining Plan thrown in for free.)

M5ward

We ate there for the first (and last) time in January. The atmosphere is wonderful! Our server was pretty decent too, but the food left a lot to be desired; it was pretty tasteless. The Margarita was good, however!

radiohost

Our family has ate there in 1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2008 and soon to be 2009....HONEYMOON!!!

Until 2006, this restaurant had the BEST food on property. Huge menu, great diverse selection, munchy appetizers, and oh boy, the setting!!!

****BUT****

Along came the dining plan. Menu was reduced to one page, and even that was small. Food became junk. I interned at WDW in 2006 and 2007, I ate at San Angel INN about a dozen times between both internships, trying to find somthing for a person who is by no means a picky eater. I failed. This place is bad. Setting is still subperb, and thats what I'm paying for. Quite a shame.

castevens

Wow...I have to say this is not the first time I've heard bad reviews of their food.
We went there twice during our last trip and loved it!
You can't beat the atmosphere but we were happy with the food, although it is a little pricey (we went for lunch both times).

Is it the quality of the food or the selection that needs some special attention?

I'd have to disagree. We went to 7 different restaurants, and this one was the worst. It wasn't "terrible," but it certainly was not great.

mickeymatt

We ate there last month for the first time.....I agree with most. The food was way overpriced for lunch and did not meet expectations. And why don't they have Queso? My DD loves cheese dip. Is it not authentic?
Other than that the atmosphere is great. We sat right on the river. I ordered a coke but he brought me a margarita. I enjoyed it....thanks Pepe. :) Although I did have to pay for it:-(

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
We ate there in August 2008, just walked in for lunch. Great atmosphere and I really enjoyed my lunch. I got the churasco (a steak) and chillquilles (tortilla with a salsa verde). My food was well spiced and I wish I could eat it right now! Hubby got a different steak and said it was okay, it wasn't spiced as he would have wished. He tried my meal and loved mine. Oh and our service was fine.

I have to agree with the majority. My wife and I eat mexican food as much as we can for it is our favorite. But San Angle Inn was a huge dissapointment!! Atmosphere great, but thats about it. To me the biggest problem is the chips and salsa. You would expect to get home made chips and some really tasty salsa but apparently it is sponsored by tostitoes and they use a bag of chips and bottled salsa and I wouldnt giva a nickel for it personally. We didnt even eat it our last trip. Nothing there seems authentic to me and most of it tastes like a frozen dinner. We have eaten at almost every resturaunt in the World Showcase and enjoyed all of them except here. Hopefullly soon they will upgrade the quality.

kissinuk

San Angel Inn is the BEST/WORST restaurant on property...

Best for atmosphere

Worst for food.

The food is awful, and wayyyyyyyyyyyy overpriced!! Such a shame for this restaurant which used to be so good.

With the exception of the vegetarian menu which, last time we went, was pretty damn good (for Disney).

Even the counter service outside has slipped in quality. We eat there every time we go and something about it has just become so blah. They could do better.

lighteningqueen

Well if you ask this party of 5 and the other table of 10 that were there Dec it is the worst ever anywhere. The tostitos were the best thing there except the margaritas. Good thing they are closing it. I think Disney can do better. We were seatted down at the restrooms and it was horrible and dark. I say good ridance San Angel Inn....

lovepooh

As a family we ate there the last time we were there in 07'. I agree the San Angel Inn was beautiful and we sat right next to the river. But I have to say that is where it ends. Our server was rude and the food was awful! we love mexican food but barely could eat it.:confused:

I hope they do improve the food and service then this place would be top notch!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom