Safe to panic now (Seas Holes!)

planet7

wannab@dis said:
I agreed there seems to be a few that are only focused on "me."

Uh, yeah, and you're leading the pack :wave:--telling me who and what I should be, and what I should think (see below)--to please you. I don't know who died and made you the center of the universe.

wannab@dis said:
IMaybe if your posts contained something optimistic, people would be less likely to judge you as someone that complains all the time.

If you want Polyanna, you're going to have to look elsewhere. I call things as I see them, and I'm not going to sugar-coat my opinions to appease you or anyone else. When Disney gives me something to be optomistic about, I'll be optomistic. Untl then, my being genuine doesn't excuse your boorish behavior.

G7

planet7

mousermerf said:
Dark blue tones has a connotative meaning of "darkness" or the lack of light. It's a theatrical norm, and the mind picks up on it. It shows up in TV, stage, movies, etc. Blue is used for darkness.

The 94 rehab had enouh blue to appear dark. The current Living Seas is so blue-dark it seems almost pitch black in areas.

Gotcha. And I couldn't agree more about The Seas. It was so dreary and oppressive, I couldn't spend more than a few minutes in there. I think a monotone color scheme in any darker color though would have the same effect. I certainly hope that the paint scheme is only temporary, yet even if it is, it's apallingly bad show for the time that it's up.

G7

wannab@dis

planet7 said:
Uh, yeah, and you're leading the pack :wave:--telling me who and what I should be, and what I should think (see below)--to please you. I don't know who died and made you the center of the universe.

My posts take into consideration the popularity of attractions based on the number of people enjoying them... not my personal views. It appears you have not taken the time to fully read them without a jaded viewpoint.

planet7 said:
If you want Polyanna, you're going to have to look elsewhere. I call thing as I see them, and I'm not going to sugar-coat my opinions to appease you or anyone else. When Disney gives me something to be optomistic about, I'll be optomistic.
Gotcha. And I couldn't agree more about The Seas. It was so dreary and oppressive, I couldn't spend more than a few minutes in there. I think a monotone color scheme in any darker color though would have the same effect. I certainly hope that the paint scheme is only temporary, yet even if it is, it's apallingly bad show for the time that it's up.

I honestly feel sorry for you. I just can't imagine visiting the parks with that attitude.

planet7 said:
Untl then, my being genuine doesn't excuse your boorish behavior.

G7

I have not been boorish, but have simply pointed out the failure of your logic and the lack of consideration for the general public. It's been said many times that when someone knows they have no solid foundation for thier opinions, they resort to flames. In fact, I can just as easily say that I'm being genuine and this isn't "Polyanna"... :)

planet7

wannab@dis said:
when someone knows they have no solid foundation for thier opinions, they resort to flames. In fact, I can just as easily say that I'm being genuine and this isn't "Polyanna"...

You may be a bit of a sociopath, but I have to give you credit for being a talented one. Nice "mirroring", and good move drawing me back into your dramas after I'd washed my hands of you. I won't happen again. Find another sucker.

G7

wannab@dis

planet7 said:
You may be a bit of a sociopath, but I have to give you credit for being a talented one. Nice "mirroring", and good move drawing me back into your dramas after I'd washed my hands of you. I won't happen again. Find another sucker.

G7
:lol:

Have a magical day! :wave:

Captain Chaos

planet7 said:

G7

So i guess you then agree with me that The Land, prior to recent refurb was "DARK."

planet7

dxer07002 said:
So i guess you then agree with me that The Land, prior to recent refurb was "DARK."

No, I honestly don't remember it ever feeling that way to me. The Seas is all one color now, and with no natural light coming in. It feels very oppressive and claustrophobic, and with the blue everywhere, it's impossible to miss.

The Land, I really don't don't remember being that blue. I worked there for two years, so if it was that overwhelmning, I'm sure I'd remember it. What I do remember is a lot of natural light (I know we're not talking about light here, but it's certainly a factor), the colorful umbrellas over the tables, the white fountain which brought a refreshing and very kinetic element to the space.

I'd have to go back to my photos to even see the "blue" that you're referring to. I don't doubt you that it's there, I just don't think it was overwhelming like it is in the Seas now. I always found The Land to be a very inviting space, and though I liked some of the other attractions better, it was far and away my favorite space in EPCOT to just hang out.

G7

Captain Chaos

planet7 said:
No, I honestly don't remember it ever feeling that way to me. The Seas is all one color now, and with no natural light coming in. It feels very oppressive and claustrophobic, and with the blue everywhere, it's impossible to miss.

The Land, I really don't don't remember being that blue. I worked there for two years, so if it was that overwhelmning, I'm sure I'd remember it. What I do remember is a lot of natural light (I know we're not talking about light here, but it's certainly a factor), the colorful umbrellas over the tables, the white fountain which brought a refreshing and very kinetic element to the space.

I'd have to go back to my photos to even see the "blue" that you're referring to. I don't doubt you that it's there, I just don't think it was overwhelming like it is in the Seas now. I always found The Land to be a very inviting space, and though I liked some of the other attractions better, it was far and away my favorite space in EPCOT to just hang out.

G7

Nevermnd.. I thought you were referring to The Land.. I misread that you meant Living Seas.. I was in work and rushing to get this posted and get out to go home LOL.. my apologies.

(sigh) i dont think we are quite on the same page here, planet7.... when i was talking about success i was simply saying that success is acheiving a goal. just A goal, not a moral goal, or a financial goal, or even a soccer goal. it has nothing to do with my view of money becuase i grew up in the 80s in 90s just what i was taught in vocabulary lessons. i completely agree that using lewd methods to lure people into a pavillion would be an immoral victory. i never said it was right. but it is an absurd example to use quite frankly since it would never happen. im going to switch the example to say giving out free pencils to anyone who comes into the pavillion. thats a stupid lure because it is a cheap method to get people in. HOWEVER, if it did lure people in it would be a SUCCESSFUL luring method, not an INTELLIGENT one. youre making my statements very specific and i purposely kept them general. you were bringing your personal definition of success into the equation. we are aruging the same thing and essentially agreeing, i was never trying to argue. this whole conversation is asinine.

juan

so how about those holes?

oh and there are more of them -- it looks to me like they are getting rid of the mural or putting up a large sign in the mural
The new color scheme for the attraction, including the new uniforms, doesn't match the old mural

autumndawn1006

juan said:
so how about those holes?

oh and there are more of them -- it looks to me like they are getting rid of the mural or putting up a large sign in the mural
The new color scheme for the attraction, including the new uniforms, doesn't match the old mural

Mural? Were we supposed to be discussing a mural in this thread?:confused:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well.. lets see.. We've got pink clam shells, metallic blue walls, and the "nemo" orange on signage. What do the costumes look like?

If i had to guess, i'd say they're probably some sorta shiny, since everything else at the seas is coming up shiny ;)

ilovepluto23

Honestly, to me it looks like they're just repairing something behind the mural. If they wanted to get rid of it...wouldn't they just rip the entire thing off, put up a new wall, and start on a new one? I dunno, the sporadic holes just doesn't seem to say they're destroying the entire thing.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The clamshells came up on various websites, one from a report on Divequest where they were seen through the only unbloicked top-window in the tank. The second came froma report of the backstage magic tour, when they entered central shops. Both said the vehicles were pink clamshells, and since they were fromd ifferent places, I assume that they are indeed pink clamshells.

The walls are the walls that were painted inside of seas, they're all blue and metalic.

The signs are things like the new Presentation Schedule signage outfront of the boservation deck and such. They have a deep with the nemo orange. Similiary done are the new signs - unlit and nearly impossible to see - in the observation deck which describe objects in the tank like the Igloo.

diz4life

OK, listen up! I am new to this forum. My wife and I are very confused about why everyone here seems to think that they are the definative authority on WDW. There are countless ways to enjoy WDW and no two people are going to enjoy it the same way. The beauty of Disney is that different people will enjoy it in differnt ways. My wife and I do not have kids and will not have kids, but that does mean that we will enjoy WDW any less than than a family of four. Yes, I miss Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, but at the same time I love to ride Soarin' (I realize that these rides are entirely different and in different parks... RELAX). Disney is about the old and the new. It is about transcending generations and allowing EVERYONE to have an amazing time and experience something new within the World. My wife and I turn to Disney to forget about the doldrums and competativeness of everyday life, but YOU people seem to want to fight about this mutual love. If there were not a Disnwy, we would not be here right now. The point is this: We all love Disney (and the thought of it) for different reasons. We all get very excited over possible news and rumors, yet deep down know they are probably not 100% true.
We are new to this forum, but love Disney. We have no children and do not anticipate any in the future. The real issue here is that we all love the parks. Some of us hate new ideas and some of us embrace change. Either way, we ALL love this place or we would not be here ,having this discussion right now.
I look forward to having many discussions with you all and sharing valuable info with all of you fellow Disney lovers down the road...:wave:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Well, diz, welcome.

Just to let you know, we do have other threads that deal with pleasentness and happy stuff. This one just isn't one of them.

(Merf claims no responsibility in the downward spiral of this thread, rather blames anyone but himself, and ironicly enough - isn't nearly as upset as he was before about the mural, but figures it's still worth whining about.)

diz4life

Thanks for the welcome mousemerf :wave: ...also realize its very well documented that you never anticipated this sort of reaction to your Living Seas post!!!!( the poor Living Seas!). My goodness, it seems to me that people only interpret things the way they want!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Yeah, with the way some people talk you'd figure i'm out there daily re-enacting Charlton Heston's dramatic moment from Planet of the Apes.

In reality, I only do this on Tue and Thu.

diz4life

Look what you started!! LOL!!!!

So, when is the 2007 book coming out? We buy it every year despite the fact that we already have our own opinions and do what we want. Plus, like we said we have no children; therefore, we can actually do what we want!!! JK....anyway...always love our trips and our endless sitdown dinners....i must say, i love having conversations with those who appreciate good times...i am not here to fight. Disney is a luxury we all can enjoy in whatever form we choose. :kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom