Sad state of WOL building

Goofyernmost

Mid 80's through the mid 90's they also used powdered soap. Some of the break rooms and offices that are trailers still have those soap dispensers as well.
You can thank the Anthrax scare after 9/11 for that. Powder was a no-no! Sometimes the world doesn't want to cooperate with our desires. Not for nothing though, I have no idea what is so charming and nostalgic about powdered soap. It must contain something that I am unaware of. If I recall there was a major upset about the change over.

raven

Original Poster
You can thank the Anthrax scare after 9/11 for that. Powder was a no-no! Sometimes the world doesn't want to cooperate with our desires. Not for nothing though, I have no idea what is so charming and nostalgic about powdered soap. It must contain something that I am unaware of. If I recall there was a major upset about the change over.
It was something different and had a scrubbing texture to it. Kinda messy but interesting to use. I had them in grade school.

Goofyernmost

It was something different and had a scrubbing texture to it. Kinda messy but interesting to use. I had them in grade school.
Yes, I know... we had it in school as well, which is why I am at a loss to understand what the grieving was about. It was nothing special, it was gritty, and smelled awful to my recollection. Gritty is good if you have just overhauled a transmission, but, for visiting a theme park it was a tad of overkill!:cool:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Yes, I know... we had it in school as well, which is why I am at a loss to understand what the grieving was about. It was nothing special, it was gritty, and smelled awful to my recollection. Gritty is good if you have just overhauled a transmission, but, for visiting a theme park it was a tad of overkill!:cool:

....I am so lost..

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
We are talking about the powdered soap that used to be in the restrooms in Disney until 2001 when Anthrax was being used as a terrorist method and Disney replaced the powder with liquid soap.

I would have been 3 during that time! :p Well you learn something new every day... At least I do. :)

freediverdude

Well they need to change over to the foam that is in most other places now. Getting tired of pushing those little metal things to get a couple drips of liquid that I then have to rub furiously to get any bubbles.

Goofyernmost

Well they need to change over to the foam that is in most other places now. Getting tired of pushing those little metal things to get a couple drips of liquid that I then have to rub furiously to get any bubbles.
Then there will be hundreds of people crying and gnashing their teeth in agony over the loss of yet another thing that they loved about Disney. When will it end? The mourning will be intense.

DisneyPrincess5

Yes they do! We only use foam at home and I hate when we have to use liquid at Disney. The foam and lather makes me feel cleaner. Universal uses automatic foam dispensers and I love it.

EOD K9

Yes they do! We only use foam at home and I hate when we have to use liquid at Disney. The foam and lather makes me feel cleaner. Universal uses automatic foam dispensers and I love it.
Automatic soap, automatic water, automatic towels, then I have to grab that dirty handle and go out the door. And yes, I realize that most of the bathroom entrances in Disney don't have a "true" door. But you get the point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom