In the Parks
Yes
Universe of Energy - No sponsor, 2004-Present
The Living Seas - No sponsor, 1998-2007
The Seas with Nemo and Friends - No Sponsor, 2007-Present
The Land - No Sponsor, 2009-Present
Horizons - No Sponsor, 1993-1999
Imagination - No Sponsor, 2010-Present
Wonders of Life - No Sponsor, 2001-2007 (2004-2007 Seasonal Operation)
I'll concede that the loss of sponsorships coincided with the crippling of several of these pavilions, but the sponsorships were far from compulsory.
Also SSE had no sponsor from 03-05, but all that affected was the post show that was closed until the renovation.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
Those pictures almost look creepy... especially depending on where they could have been taken. Is Buzzy in storage too or rotting away inside the theater?
He's just been sitting in the theater since WoL closed. His eye was broken for a little while, but it was fixed for unknown reasons.

raven

Original Poster
Disney is not evil, they had to close WoL due to the lack of a sponsor. And they don't know what to do with the building, so why not use it as a festival center? Maybe someday they'll get a sponsor and reopen the pavilion.

You do realize that all of the BW simulators are gone, correct? The queue and exit queue for BW has been used for several events and is barely recognizable. Also, while Buzzy still remains, the rest of CC is nearly gutted. Nothing in this pavilion as it stands now could be used to reopen it the way it used to be. The inside of the dome is riddled with leaks and maintenance waits to repair them until right before the building is used for an event.

It's not coming back and more than 20k is returning.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
You do realize that all of the BW simulators are gone, correct? The queue and exit queue for BW has been used for several events and is barely recognizable. Also, while Buzzy still remains, the rest of CC is nearly gutted. Nothing in this pavilion as it stands now could be used to reopen it the way it used to be. The inside of the dome is riddled with leaks and maintenance waits to repair them until right before the building is used for an event.

It's not coming back and more than 20k is returning.

So their is hope is what your saying....

Seriously though, if they wanted to reimmagine the pavilion (aka new rides/attractions) can the building itself be saved or would they need to go the Horizons route?

Cmdr_Crimson

Seriously why haven't they announced an Inside Out attraction?

Because they won't as they aren't making one..But, just for enjoyment here was my concept on the Inside Out Overlay to Cranium Command I did a few months back....
Inside%20out%20concept%20idea_zpslmuytrkp.jpg

raven

Original Poster
So their is hope is what your saying....

Seriously though, if they wanted to reimmagine the pavilion (aka new rides/attractions) can the building itself be saved or would they need to go the Horizons route?
I think you already know the answer to that question.

Grumpy1973

Disney is not evil, they had to close WoL due to the lack of a sponsor. And they don't know what to do with the building, so why not use it as a festival center? Maybe someday they'll get a sponsor and reopen the pavilion.
I don't think Disney is "evil" for not keeping attractions open (if I did I would not continue to spend over $2500 a year to get my family in the gates).. But this isn't 1955, a multi billion dollar corporation doesn't "need" sponsors to keep attractions operational.. They didn't HAVE to close this building due to lack of other corporations giving them the money, they CHOSE too.. The front half of Epcot Center is turning into a wasteland and as long as they keep driving the crowds to the back of the park to get them to spend MORE money on F and B, this is what we will be stuck with at the front of the park

EOD K9

While at the Food & wine festival last week I decided to pop into the Festival Center in the old Wonders of Life building. Upon walking up the ramp I noticed the outside of the gold dome is very water stained and has +streaks all over it. Very little signs or added decor (flowers, etc) were added for the festival to the outside of the building as well. Not a very pleasant "welcome" by the look of things. Inside was a little better but I'm quite surprised they still haven't update the restroom after all these years of the building being closed. You'd think they'd have plenty of down time between usage of the building but I guess it isn't a priority.

I realize they have repurposed this building but any idea why are they letting it rot between usage?
I know this was originally posted last year, but in regards to the non updated bathrooms, think of it as a time capsule to the way WoL and Epcot used to be. I know, it's a stretch.

raven

Original Poster
I know this was originally posted last year, but in regards to the non updated bathrooms, think of it as a time capsule to the way WoL and Epcot used to be. I know, it's a stretch.
Mid 80's through the mid 90's they also used powdered soap. Some of the break rooms and offices that are trailers still have those soap dispensers as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom