SA VI Stanza X: Disney Royale! Open Brainstorming Thread

EmFromPlanetEarth

So back to imagineering, for Tomorrowland, I would love to see a new incarnation of the classic Peoplemover and if there are no other ideas for Fire Mountain, I would make it the BTM of MDL; with the locomotives resembleing this.
dFjFIBsjCS2yBId5WSKLZ5LWjrN1RmKeg-u9TA6jNsq021HCi1VlSDRWKY2Ez817Zosz7_-xoJ7zGJd3x3aKNEUjN8u__JVdlv7kbOlovJhScgQk9_lEaqXFj6tDzFKygCkK-ZD3_dNeAn1M6ULxfll7IMEqkEZLK_I2xhbn21stlBVjLFEJv2EaQA=s0-d
I’d like that, maybe we could give it an excavation theme, cursed ground by ancient gods in South America.

D Hulk

GENERAL PROJECT UPDATE

Here are our Project Managers for individual lands.

Adventureland: @AceAstro
Fantasyland: @NateD1226
Tomorrowland: @spacemt354
Main Street: @Pi on my Cake (right Pi? :geek:)

It would be great if each PM can have a rough draft of their main attraction by late tonight. Your E-tickets, your weenie, your land's overall scope and design. This will help us all with park balance.​

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
GENERAL PROJECT UPDATE

Here are our Project Managers for individual lands.

Adventureland: @AceAstro
Fantasyland: @NateD1226
Tomorrowland: @spacemt354
Main Street: @Pi on my Cake (right Pi? :geek:)

It would be great if each PM can have a rough draft of their main attraction by late tonight. Your E-tickets, your weenie, your land's overall scope and design. This will help us all with park balance.​
Yes, I think this is a great plan! And yeah, I'll take the lead on managing Main Street

D Hulk

RESORT LOCATION
&
RESORT LAYOUT

enhance

The Mumbai Disneyland Resort is to be located on reclaimed land near the Ghatkopar neighborhood in northeast Mumbai. The site selected is roughly 1.6 times the size of the Tokyo Disneyland Resort. Presently, this acreage is home to Deonar Dumping Ground (India's largest landfill!) and Ghatkopar Pumping Station. Both are outmoded and slated for decommission (all this is true, I've done my research!), with their functions to be moved beyond Mumbai to better facilities. The Disney Corporation shall propose an ecological cleanup of the area, in exchange for ownership of the land. Disney will also acquire the mangrove forests east of the site, which serve as a seasonal floodplain for the Mithi River. Like the ecological preserves on Walt Disney World property in Florida, these mangroves will remain undeveloped.

The nearby Ghatkopar neighborhood has just begun gentrification, and is anticipated to become the next Bandra - that is, in a decade it should one of Mumbai's most desirable neighborhoods. Former slum areas are being converted into high-end high-rises. Ghatkopar Train Station is where the Mumbai Metro meets trains from the eastern suburbs. Between that and the nearby expressway, this neighborhood is easily accessible for all 14 million residents of Mumbai, tourists, plus Indian nationals arriving from surrounding regions. A light rail line can be built between the train station and the resort to help bring in guests.

The resort's layout is a work-in-progress; already I see ways to improve it. Like the Paris resort, everything is clustered around a central point - a Ticketing Center. Parking and metro traffic comes in from the west, reaching this point. Mumbai Disneyland is directly north, while to the east is land for a Second Gate with shared backstage access. South, clustered around a lagoon, is a hotel complex (with room for expansion, and with possible overlap with the second gate). The southwest shore hosts the shopping complex (e.g. Disney Bazaar - working title).

Looking at this, I want to move everything north a bit above the river's inlet (which separates the landfill to the south from the pumping station grounds to the north). This should hopefully open up space for a Third Gate. As I said, work-in-progress.​

EmFromPlanetEarth

RESORT LOCATION
&
RESORT LAYOUT

enhance

The Mumbai Disneyland Resort is to be located on reclaimed land near the Ghatkopar neighborhood in northeast Mumbai. The site selected is roughly 1.6 times the size of the Tokyo Disneyland Resort. Presently, this acreage is home to Deonar Dumping Ground (India's largest landfill!) and Ghatkopar Pumping Station. Both are outmoded and slated for decommission (all this is true, I've done my research!), with their functions to be moved beyond Mumbai to better facilities. The Disney Corporation shall propose an ecological cleanup of the area, in exchange for ownership of the land. Disney will also acquire the mangrove forests east of the site, which serve as a seasonal floodplain for the Mithi River. Like the ecological preserves on Walt Disney World property in Florida, these mangroves will remain undeveloped.

The nearby Ghatkopar neighborhood has just begun gentrification, and is anticipated to become the next Bandra - that is, in a decade it should one of Mumbai's most desirable neighborhoods. Former slum areas are being converted into high-end high-rises. Ghatkopar Train Station is where the Mumbai Metro meets trains from the eastern suburbs. Between that and the nearby expressway, this neighborhood is easily accessible for all 14 million residents of Mumbai, tourists, plus Indian nationals arriving from surrounding regions. A light rail line can be built between the train station and the resort to help bring in guests.

The resort's layout is a work-in-progress; already I see ways to improve it. Like the Paris resort, everything is clustered around a central point - a Ticketing Center. Parking and metro traffic comes in from the west, reaching this point. Mumbai Disneyland is directly north, while to the east is land for a Second Gate with shared backstage access. South, clustered around a lagoon, is a hotel complex (with room for expansion, and with possible overlap with the second gate). The southwest shore hosts the shopping complex (e.g. Disney Bazaar - working title).

Looking at this, I want to move everything north a bit above the river's inlet (which separates the landfill to the south from the pumping station grounds to the north). This should hopefully open up space for a Third Gate. As I said, work-in-progress.​
Maybe as a secondary project we could work on the second gate, for fun.

D Hulk

NIGHTLY UPDATE

Progress continues on all lands. Here are the E-tickets and other major features we've all decided upon.

MAIN STREET
New version of Small World, ride system under discussion
Mumbai Disneyland Railroad
Theater show, similar to Mickey & the Magic _____
Parades etc.

ADVENTURELAND
Jungle Book log flume
Latin American version of Haunted Mansion
Bollywood-style theater show based on India's Arjuna myth

FANTASYLAND
Tangled E-ticket in the castle, likely using ROTR ride system
Alice in Wonderland family coaster
Aladdin suspended dark ride (like Peter Pan)
Frozen II boat dark ride
Beauty & the Beast dark ride
Theater show based on world mythologies

AVENGERS CAMPUS
Flying simulator themed to Doctor Strange astral projection

TOMORROWLAND
WALL-E version of Space Mountain
Century 22, a next-gen Horizons-style LPS dark ride

This list doesn't include some of the filler attractions, but it's enough to ensure we don't have have any overlapping concepts or ride systems. Things are looking good so far! :joyfull:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
NIGHTLY UPDATE

Progress continues on all lands. Here are the E-tickets and other major features we've all decided upon.

MAIN STREET
New version of Small World, ride system under discussion
Mumbai Disneyland Railroad
Theater show, similar to Mickey & the Magic _____
Parades etc.

ADVENTURELAND
Jungle Book log flume
Latin American version of Haunted Mansion
Bollywood-style theater show based on India's Arjuna myth

FANTASYLAND
Tangled E-ticket in the castle, likely using ROTR ride system
Alice in Wonderland family coaster
Aladdin suspended dark ride (like Peter Pan)
Frozen II boat dark ride
Beauty & the Beast dark ride
Theater show based on world mythologies

AVENGERS CAMPUS
Flying simulator themed to Doctor Strange astral projection

TOMORROWLAND
WALL-E version of Space Mountain
Century 22, a next-gen Horizons-style LPS dark ride

This list doesn't include some of the filler attractions, but it's enough to ensure we don't have have any overlapping concepts or ride systems. Things are looking good so far! :joyfull:
It's a rough outline, but here is our current Main Street plan/layout

1584592216191.png

The blue section will be covered. It would be really cool for there to be a weenie at the end of the West side street heading towards Adventureland the way there is for the East one.

pix

Hey all. I am in fact alive. This whole *gestures to the world wildly* everything has made it not a fun time for me mental health wise hence the lack of me existing here. I have pretty much eaten snacks and slept and made ty tik toks about my depression so ya know. But I finally got enough energy to read though this and I am pretty happy about what we have chosen even if I am sad I didn't really help with the brainstormy process which *shrugs* there will be another park to make. Anyways I am in 2 different PMs that I haven't looked at yet so I will work on that here soon.

spacemt354

Chili's
When designing the overall park - what helps me get my bearings is to take an overhead shot of a pre-existing park that sort of fits our trajectory - so that we can see where things fit.

For me - it feels like we're most similar atm to Tokyo Disneyland - there are some stylistic changes like the train going around the park and not just Westernland, however the covered Main Street and the pathways into the different lands feels very similar so here's an overhead shot

Annotation 2020-03-19 110932.jpg

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1584679673380.png

End of Day Recap for Small World Street

Much of the themes for stuff has been decided on and we have some great progress going!
  • Our parade has a very great plan for it!​
  • As does the Mickey and the Adjective Noun theater show!​
  • Small World, One Song will be our main attraction. It will be a new take on Small World that utilizes new tech (Floating Omnimover, 2.5D Projection Mapping) and a focus on music/dance to help it not be a clone.​
  • Layout of the street and the themes for most of the buildings has been figured out.​

D Hulk

Good morning team! Good morning Project Managers: @Pi on my Cake, @AceAstro, @NateD1226, @Evilgidgit, @spacemt354

We’re all going through a weird time right now! So please, don’t let this game stress you out. Let it be a fun relief valve with online friends.

If we’re still aiming for a Monday due date for this project (Pi?), don’t worry about extreme detail for anything. We don’t need complete ridethroughs unless you truly want to do them. A brief paragraph or even a few sentences for each element is all that’s needed for a project of this scale!

Today I’ll be focusing on developing an overall park map. Stay well everybody!

D Hulk

Here is something, folks, a brief description of all the non-park stuff at our resort!

PIC: RESORT MAP – TO BE MADE
MUMBAI DISNEYLAND RESORT

Guests will arrive at Mumbai Disneyland Resort from the Ghatkopar neighborhood to the west. Motorists will park in the Pascal Lot and continue on by tram. Other guests will arrive by taxi service or by the Flynn Rider Line extension to the Mumbai Metro (connecting to Ghatkopar Train Station).

All of this guest traffic is funneled into the Ticketing Esplanade, a hub area with ticketing booths. To the north is direct access to Mumbai Disneyland, while gates to the northeast will eventually lead to the second gate park next door. A central iconic fountain features a pillar of waterfall minarets flanked by bronze statues of the Fantasia brooms. Since Mumbai Disneyland’s central hub is inspired by Islamic art, which forbids representative figures, the iconic Partners Statue is perched atop this mountain.

destination-wedding-venues-in-udaipur-that-will-light-your-most-awaited-day.jpg

To the south is Storybook Lake, a massive lagoon inspired in part by the many beautiful manmade lakes of India, ranging from Udaipur (the Venice of the East) to Jaisalmer’s Gadsisar. Many small sandstone temples and shrines dots the waters. All the resort features line Storybook Lake’s shores, as do beautiful garden walkways.

A hotel complex is located on the lake’s eastern shores. While there is room here eventually for up to seven hotels, Mumbai Disneyland Resort is opening with two hotels here to avoid overdevelopment. Some of the empty hotel pads border the second gate acreage, to allow for future in-park accommodations. Guests staying at both hotels will be able to access all resort features either by foot or by water taxis upon Storybook Lake.

56873738.jpg

MUMBAI DISNEYLAND HOTEL
Deluxe Hotel

The resort’s flagship hotel mixes traditional Mughal architecture with Art Deco design and a subtle, classy sprinkling of Disney theming. Marble floors and finely-carved pink sandstone pillars create an oasis of luxury. Design influence comes from the Umaid Bhawan Palace in Jodhpur, considered one of the world’s best hotels.

Lobby murals, set within a vaulted dome, respectfully depict Disney characters in an assortment of historic Indian contexts. Period detailing and artwork dates back to 1947, the year India gained her independence. For Indian guests, this combination of details should provoke a tremendous sense of nationalism and nostalgia. Immaculate garden grounds surround the palace, with topiaries sculpted to complement the structure’s minarets and domes.

1f668434_z.jpg

Rooms

Dining

Jewel of the Taj (Fine dining) – Dine on the finest South Indian foods in an upscale banquet hall fit for royalty. Dyed windows filter in a kaleidoscope of colors, much in the style of traditional upper-caste living.

Monsoon Lounge (Lobby restaurant & lounge) – Grab quick-service food and beverages in this regal fireside den while enjoying live piano accompaniment.

Baloo’s (Buffet restaurant) – Enjoy a buffet of wide-ranging international dishes and meet your favorite Disney characters. This family-friendly location overlooks the gardens, and includes jungle-inspired décor ranging from banisters to murals.

cc9e443b839180a56357f26b2cddc588.jpg

MICKEY & PALS HOTEL
Value Hotel

Families will adore this character-centric value hotel inspired by Mickey Mouse and his friends. The hotel structure is a playful mixture of Toontown’s cartoony vibe with the glamour of old time Hollywood. The gardens include large statues of Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and others, bringing the same sense of play found at Walt Disney World’s Art of Animation. Rooms are themed to different beloved Disney characters, so be sure to book early!

Rooms

Dining
Lantern Café
(Buffet restaurant) – Every day is Diwali at the Lantern Café, with lovely colored lanterns floating overhead. Enjoy a character meal with an assortment of buffet foods to satisfy every diner.

shutterstock_536597029.jpg

DISNEY ROYAL PALACE
Ultra Deluxe Hotel

In the center of Storybook Lake is the Disney Royal Palace, a remarkably opulent 5-star “ultra deluxe hotel.” This jewel of Hindu-Mictorian architecture – the world’s first building designed in this playful new Disney style – rises from the waters like a multi-tiered white marble temple. Every one of the Palace’s lavish rooms has a pristine lakeside view. This hotel is only accessible by river barge, which ferries guests to the Mumbai Disneyland dock in style. Island access is exclusively for hotel guests or visitors with dining reservations.

219625741.jpg

Rooms

Dining
Annapurna
(Fine dining) – This signature rooftop restaurant includes 360 degree views, and offers the finest in multi-course haute Indian cuisine. This is an ideal location for viewing Mumbai Disneyland’s nighttime spectacular.

Maharajah Terrace (Lobby restaurant & lounge) – Lobby lounge serving light Indian food and drinks. Lake-view seating is available both indoors and on the patio.

23929790708_851669081a_b.jpg

DISNEY BAZAAR
Shopping Complex

Disney Bazaar is a shopping complex (akin to Disney Spring, Downtown Disney, and others) along the southern shores of Storybook Lake. This district is a combination of outdoor venues – inspired by the gorgeous canal city of Udaipur – and an all-weather indoors marketplace – inspired by Old World markets like Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar.

grand-bazaar-istanbul-2.jpg

Hotel guests and day visitors both will find Disney Bazaar conveniently located, making this an ideal spot for an end-of-day meal or a simple respite from the park. Disney Bazaar is a vibrant and living environment, a bracing mixture of upscale retail with a joyful street market. Brand-name retailers and upscale chain restaurants are found around every corner! Street musicians and acrobatic performers entertain young and old alike. The entire district is centered the world’s largest World of Disney store, located in a converted 18th-century clock tower.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom