Runner's Etiquette

Phonedave

In the winter I have to spit more then summer... weird, but if I do, Ill look over my sholder to make sure someone isnt right behind me. Then, ill lean over just a bit and spit in front of me. I hate it anyone steps in it, but to be honest, you walk or step in nastier stuff in the bathroom everyday. :lol:

I carry a small thing of tissue with me for the nose issues. *wink*

Cold makes me spit too :)

I don't mind running though stuff, I just don't want it landing on me.

-dave

mama2disneyfans

For a new runner such as myself, this is a great thread. Thank you all very much.

I am thinking that a lot of this is just common sense and common courtesy however I have been to WDW and the comment about some of these things applying to everyday Disney guests was spot on.

Thanks again for all the great info - I will be sure to refrain from doing any of these things at all of my future events. ;)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I have heard this "announcement" comment before. Do you mean motivational announcements or "Attention Runners, you are sharing a highway know as Osceola Parkway with other vehicles, beware" or "Attention Runners, bib number 4721 just puked at mile marker 8, avoid that please"

:D

The latter..."Clean up at mile marker 10...stay to the left folks, stay way to the left..."

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
:lol:

I have a fear of projectile too. Im glad im transitioning to no ipod.

Yes, welcome to the "unplugged" running world!

In all honesty, I really feel like you pay much more attention to your form when there are no distractions such as music. I just prefer no music, but to each his own. I'm glad ur trying new things, good for you.

How did your new Polar work out?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Yes, welcome to the "unplugged" running world!

In all honesty, I really feel like you pay much more attention to your form when there are no distractions such as music. I just prefer no music, but to each his own. I'm glad ur trying new things, good for you.

How did your new Polar work out?
My "Zen and the art of Running" book will be in this week that Dave had mentioned (i think it was Dave). I got it for about $10 on amazon. Im really excited. I think ill easily have it read in around 10 days so I can really try and work on the technique by W&D

I love that polar. It is taking a little getting use to having something on my wrist, but for the most part, the chest strap is comfy and the information is great for $109. Also, it is very dependable so far and accurate. Some of your feedback helped decide on this one Nick, so thanks. :wave:

This was in the August newsletter for Rock 'n Roll Denver...

http://running.competitor.com/2010/07/features/road-race-etiquette_11467
I like #5

Andrew54

When Im running something that really bothers me is the amount of spitting. It just really bugs me when the guy behind me is spitting all over the place and I hear him coughing it up over my music. I just feel like my whole backside is probablty covered in saliva.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
My "Zen and the art of Running" book will be in this week that Dave had mentioned (i think it was Dave). I got it for about $10 on amazon. Im really excited. I think ill easily have it read in around 10 days so I can really try and work on the technique by W&D

I love that polar. It is taking a little getting use to having something on my wrist, but for the most part, the chest strap is comfy and the information is great for $109. Also, it is very dependable so far and accurate. Some of your feedback helped decide on this one Nick, so thanks. :wave:

I like #5

Glad you're liking the Polar. You really look at your runs differently when you have solid data coming back.

madswithano

I cannot STAND when people bathe in perfume or cologne before they run. It's so inconsiderate. I tend to get headaches when I smell most of them and it ruins the whole rest of the run for me, and I know I'm not the only one. It's really more of a problem at gyms on treadmills when you can't escape, for lack of a better term, but it really irritates me. I mean, you're working out, there's no need to smell like a precious little flower!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I cannot STAND when people bathe in perfume or cologne before they run. It's so inconsiderate. I tend to get headaches when I smell most of them and it ruins the whole rest of the run for me, and I know I'm not the only one. It's really more of a problem at gyms on treadmills when you can't escape, for lack of a better term, but it really irritates me. I mean, you're working out, there's no need to smell like a precious little flower!
This is true. Ill take sweat smell before that as well.

I will add to the annoyance of odor is when you have some cat at the gym/track etc that wears the same outfit for a week to work out in (like we are in HS gym class again)... and it is soured and literally makes me gag.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom