runDisney Virtual Running Events

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
This is probably correct, exactly my reasoning.

That is such a high price though, I rather invest in races (especially now, that they are virtual) enabling me to participate in them. It definitely could be worthwhile though (especially with two years).
Yeah, I looked at it as basically, if you bought the jacket at an event it would probably be $125-150, then a virtual race is typically $50, and a magnet is probably $10-15 at a live event, so if another virtual is thrown in for year two, that gets me to the cost of the silver membership. None of the other perks are really anything different than perks I’m eligible for with my annual pass and it’s not worth it to me for either of the higher tiers simply in exchange for a guaranteed entry or two (I’ve fortunately never been shut out so far signing up the morning registration opens). But, that extra year was just enough to push me over to sign up for silver this go around.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Someone posted a pic of the Club runDisney virtual 10K medal on reddit, looks pretty good in my opinion:

View attachment 510603

Also, they’ve confirmed a second year free given covid, etc, I’m wondering if that will include the perks like next year’s jacket, virtual medal, etc. (my guess would be getting next year’s medal but not a new jacket).

View attachment 510606

According to usps, I have a package coming tomorrow, not sure if it will be just the medal or the medal, jacket, and card. Has anyone else that signed up gotten their jacket yet?

I got my jacket months ago. If the package is from Halo, then it's your medal. I got mine yesterday.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yeah, I looked at it as basically, if you bought the jacket at an event it would probably be $125-150, then a virtual race is typically $50, and a magnet is probably $10-15 at a live event, so if another virtual is thrown in for year two, that gets me to the cost of the silver membership. None of the other perks are really anything different than perks I’m eligible for with my annual pass and it’s not worth it to me for either of the higher tiers simply in exchange for a guaranteed entry or two (I’ve fortunately never been shut out so far signing up the morning registration opens). But, that extra year was just enough to push me over to sign up for silver this go around.

You get a jacket, magnet and membership card.

I signed up shortly after membership opened. So as a "charter" member, my membership was extended for a 2nd year free of charge.

surfsupdon

No, they are not the same and yes, he will need a runDisney account. But you can add him as an additional registration when doing yours.
Thanks. So I have an account obviously. I can just add him and take care of everything?? He has to do Nothing???

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thanks. So I have an account obviously. I can just add him and take care of everything?? He has to do Nothing???

You can register for him, but you'll have to put in his race stats for him, if I remember. I registered last year for my son-in-law and his registration showed up in my runDisney account. As I didn't have access to his rD account, I can't remember if the registration was also listed on his. And I had to put in his info through mine.

surfsupdon

You can register for him, but you'll have to put in his race stats for him, if I remember. I registered last year for my son-in-law and his registration showed up in my runDisney account. As I didn't have access to his rD account, I can't remember if the registration was also listed on his. And I had to put in his info through mine.
So again he does not need an account? I can just sign him up and do the work under my account??

OG Runner

Okay you virtual runners be crazy! I have never run any of the virtual races. I have run the Disney Marathon five times.
I was interested in doing the virtual races this year, to see if I could get my girlfriend interested. I e-mailed RunDisney
to see when registration would begin. I checked my e-mail a bit after 11:30am today and found registration had begun
at 10:00am. Off I went to the RunDisney site and found all of the individual races were sold out. So, both I and my girlfriend
at signed up for the Challenge. I was going to do it any way, but it was a surprise for her. :D

Surferboy567

Okay you virtual runners be crazy! I have never run any of the virtual races. I have run the Disney Marathon five times.
I was interested in doing the virtual races this year, to see if I could get my girlfriend interested. I e-mailed RunDisney
to see when registration would begin. I checked my e-mail a bit after 11:30am today and found registration had begun
at 10:00am. Off I went to the RunDisney site and found all of the individual races were sold out. So, both I and my girlfriend
at signed up for the Challenge. I was going to do it any way, but it was a surprise for her. :D
Finally joined a virtual run!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom