runDisney Virtual Running Events

Surferboy567

In a surprise “spin” of fate...I’ll see myself out.

As of 11:47 AM Mad Tea Party is now also sold out...where is the space mountain love?

EDIT: This only leaves Space Mountain and the series still available.

Surferboy567

As of 12:10 PM all the space mountain race slots have rocketed off to space.

Joining Haunted Mansion, Mad Tea Party as sold out races

The challenge is the only thing remaining. Wonder how long that takes?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
As of 12:10 PM all the space mountain race slots have rocketed off to space.

Joining Haunted Mansion, Mad Tea Party as sold out races

The challenge is the only thing remaining. Wonder how long that takes?

Wow, the Virtual races are sold out.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Do they do merch for virtual events?

Other than the medals, no. Sometimes you'll get a goodie or two in the box with the medals. One year it was a cooling towel. The Incredibles medals included an ice pack and a resistance band. I believe the 1st year or two they had tshirts for sale online, but I've not seen any recently.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Yep! I got lucky, was swamped at work today and missed 10:00am by a long shot, remembered at about 3:30 and fortunately the challenge was still available (all the individuals were closed). That’s what I wanted anyway, so I am officially confirmed!!

When we do our meet up in November, we need to wear our Virtual medals...much nicer than some on property races.

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
When we do our meet up in November, we need to wear our Virtual medals...much nicer than some on property races.

Deal!

I just completed my Mad Tea Party!

311A1E5C-46FA-46D5-9500-9C36C30A1EC6.png

Surferboy567

Looks like Disney has run out of e-tickets...is that a record for the virtual being sold out? I think it has to be but then again, I’ve only been around for a short amount of time when it comes to runDisney.

In other news I’ve been training to be faster (yes I know 5K is short) but historically I’ve been VERY slow but have shown great improvement. I normally do 30 minute walks on the treadmill anyway but now this virtual has inspired me from:

Monday- 18:27 Avg Pace
Tuesday- 18:30 Avg Pace
Wednesday- 17:45 Avg Pace
Friday- 16:57 Avg Pace

Trying to take this as seriously as possible which means at least hitting the minimum pace as a normal runDisney race (16 min a mile min). When I feel comfortable with the pace...then I will actually do the 5K’s but I’ll probably space them out to make them feel special. Just doing my normal treadmill walks in between.

EDIT: They have also added a ”virtual toolkit” basically a mile marker and start and finish lines.

EDIT 2: It appears my iron man run that I did last year I did at 16:45 Avg Pace. Took me 52 minutes.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Another quick update: I just did another run on the treadmill kept it the same speed the entire time. Made it a bit faster to try and make the 16 min a mile pace.

30 Mins- 16:14 Avg Pace 1.85 miles (I guess) and I have to say I’m definitely tired out...hopefully I can push myself a little further but to sustain a 16 minute a mile pace I have to go faster and cannot slow down for any reason...

Maybe it’s my Apple Watch tracking out of wack...but I doubt that.

I’ll keep training but that was tough. Not impossible but tougher then I thought I know this sounds crazy for people who are serious runners.

I would be extremely fearful of getting swept in an in person race. I know I can push myself further though. Just trying to take this as serious as one possibly can.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom