runDisney Star Wars Events

Kamikaze

Governor's executive order shut down gyms, fitness centers and indoor dining at restaurants until May 8th. He's mandated federal social distancing guidelines. So it's highly unlikely parks will open before the executive order expires May 8th.

He can always rescind the order if something unexpected happens. But in all likelyhood, yes, through at least the end of April everything will be closed. Disney won't make announcements too far in advance just for that reason. They waited for the executive order so it wasn't their decision to cancel the race. That way they can collect insurance.

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
Got the official notification of the cancellation of my registrations. ☹

But I finished the Virtual Half by the deadline and will be happy for that medal.
We didn’t have to submit times for the virtual medal did we? I finished the distance last week, but haven’t done anything with the Disney site

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
We didn’t have to submit times for the virtual medal did we? I finished the distance last week, but haven’t done anything with the Disney site

Yes, you need to. Go to the runDisney website. You enter your info to get your finisher's certificate.

Demarke

Premium Member
Anybody know how much we should get back from Kessell Run Challenge with the 5k, 10k and half?

I haven’t seen any credits come through my account yet. Should be getting those and $90ish in merch credit back.

Edit: nevermind, I got the emails with the amounts, just not the refund to the credit card yet

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Received refund for races, minus fee for Virtual Half, Magicband and jacket orders. But not for the bulk of my pre-ordered items - pins, race weekend bundle, passholder bundle.

And my DVC reservation FINALLY cancelled.

Figment82

Received refund for races, minus fee for Virtual Half, Magicband and jacket orders. But not for the bulk of my pre-ordered items - pins, race weekend bundle, passholder bundle.

And my DVC reservation FINALLY cancelled.

Our DVC was reservation is still there - we were scheduled to check in on the 17th. I check on it occasionally, and countdown saying “8 days to go” is so depressing...

No refund for the race fees yet. I told my husband that’ll be a nice little grocery fund during the furlough, haha!

Demarke

Premium Member
I got my Kessell Run refund yesterday and my 5k and merch (passholder bundle w t-shirt) refunds today. Still waiting on my hotels.com refund for my reservation that I cancelled on March 20, but square with Disney now.
Edit- got my hotel refund now too, my credit card statement is much happier now!

Last edited:

Figment82

So I realized this morning that the credit card I used to register has since been closed (I actually closed the whole checking account when we switched banks), so that’s why I wasn’t seeing the refund. And now I get to try to track down the money. That’ll be my fun project for today... 🙁

LAKid53

Premium Member
The runDisney website didn't include dates for the 2021 race weekend, but they announced it on FB:

2021 Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend (April 15-18, 2021)

· August 6, 2020 – Pre-sale for Annual Passholders, Disney Vacation Club Members and Golden Oak residents

· August 11, 2020 – General on-sale date

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom