runDisney Springtime Surprise Weekend

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Someone in a FB group posted when this race was going to be open for registration, sometime in September I think.
Is this legit, where did they get this date from?

dreamfinder

Someone in a FB group posted when this race was going to be open for registration, sometime in September I think.
Is this legit, where did they get this date from?
I haven't seen anything about that, but it's a reasonable guess. Going off of the event date, and how Princess is opening up shortly. Much like anything else, they know they need to let people nail down travel plans and such, so if they wait too much longer they will shoot themselves in the foot in terms of numbers.

That aside, I'd love to actually see random distances for the races at this event. The ToT 13k was a great oddball distance. Would still probably need a 15M race or something in the half marathon range to convince people to travel. Bring back a relay or something. Think the ship sailed on the obstacle style race, but lots of other things they could do.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Disney Bus driver... ;)

Sorry, I meant to share this while we were discussing it. Here is my screen-shot of someone's screenshot, hahaha!
They shared that they are a club runDisney member and they saw it on their end from logging in.... @LAKid53 do they still have the date up for registration for the springtime weekend in your club rD login area?

Screenshot 2021-08-19 5.28.53 PM.png

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sorry, I meant to share this while we were discussing it. Here is my screen-shot of someone's screenshot, hahaha!
They shared that they are a club runDisney member and they saw it on their end from logging in.... @LAKid53 do they still have the date up for registration for the springtime weekend in your club rD login area?

View attachment 580893

Yup. That info is correct, according to what I see.

Surferboy567

Original Poster

View attachment 580893
Virtual “Experience”…interesting wording.

Maybe it’s the return of Everest.

EDIT: Nevermind, I guess this wording is used for all races.

EDIT #2: Since registration is in late September-early October. Maybe we get an announcement of the race calendar for next season sometime in October, November, or December (like they seem to normally do). Then comes Wine & Dine 2022, as well as the virtual series.

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member

View attachment 580893
I’m starting to think they must be pushing registration back further (unless @LAKid53 has heard something that I haven’t from Club rD). We’re getting a little close to Sept. 21 to not have any details at all up on the website or in our emails, unless they are planning a big Labor Day reveal or something (but with the Marathon medals being revealed today, I think that’s doubtful, as I can’t remember them ever making two big announcements within even a couple of weeks of each other on social media).

LAKid53

Premium Member
I’m starting to think they must be pushing registration back further (unless @LAKid53 has heard something that I haven’t from Club rD). We’re getting a little close to Sept. 21 to not have any details at all up on the website or in our emails, unless they are planning a big Labor Day reveal or something (but with the Marathon medals being revealed today, I think that’s doubtful, as I can’t remember them ever making two big announcements within even a couple of weeks of each other on social media).

I've not gotten anything.

BisonLion

Any chance it could be a Marvel Universe Obstacle race (like a Spartan Race or Tough Mudder) or a "Find the Infinity Stones treasure hunt (like the Amazing Race that I think they used to do at Animal Kingdom, may have been the Everest Challenge or something. I am new to Run Disney (wife is doing the half next month and then we are both doing the marathon in January). I am excited if they mix it up some for this one.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Premium Member
Any chance it could be a Marvel Universe Obstacle race (like a Spartan Race or Tough Mudder) or a "Find the Infinity Stones treasure hunt (like the Amazing Race that I think they used to do at Animal Kingdom, may have been the Everest Challenge or something. I am new to Run Disney (wife is doing the half next month and then we are both doing the marathon in January). I am excited if they mix it up some for this one.

The Marvel contract with Universal would prohibit having many of the Marvel characters in the parks, so I doubt it.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Look at it the other way. It lets them have an event themed to the flavor of the month, IE whatever hot property they want to profit off of, without having to explain why it's got a different event name each year. They can change all the distance characters and such, without having to change the name. OR they can bust out smaller cult favorites without having to theme the whole event around them. Hitchhiking Ghosts Half, Orange Bird 10k with a Figment 5k anyone? (Making those up, don't quote me)

I now desperately want those themes now. Perhaps a “Great Big Beautiful Challenge” for anyone that competes in all three 😁
Thought I'd put these great idea's here as we hope to hear something soon... Is the date still up for the 21st in club rD?

Demarke

Premium Member
Thought I'd put these great idea's here as we hope to hear something soon... Is the date still up for the 21st in club rD?
Yep, still says Sept 21 there. I don’t think that page is behind any log-in wall or anything if anyone wants to check back on it (I have 😃): https://www.rundisney.com/club-rundisney-members/ (Scroll down for the race registration dates they had published; 21st Club rD; 28th regular; Oct 1 virtual registration)

Obviously, I doubt they’re keeping to this schedule since no emails or other announcements have been made yet, but fingers crossed anyway!

Demarke

Premium Member
lIThought I'd put these great idea's here as we hope to hear something soon... Is the date still up for the 21st in club pllppl

So, if we were successfully able to petition Disney to do a set of themes as:

- Hitchhiking Ghosts Half,
- Orange Bird 10k,
- Figment 5k, (credit @dreamfinder for these three great ideas!)
- A Great Big Beautiful Challenge, and
- a kids theme for the next generation of runners on the “Horizons” (credit @EPCOT-O.G.),

Do you think we could get runDisney to stop calling the events “races” and start calling them “PeopleMovers”? 😉

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Yep, still says Sept 21 there. I don’t think that page is behind any log-in wall or anything if anyone wants to check back on it (I have 😃): https://www.rundisney.com/club-rundisney-members/ (Scroll down for the race registration dates they had published; 21st Club rD; 28th regular; Oct 1 virtual registration)

Obviously, I doubt they’re keeping to this schedule since no emails or other announcements have been made yet, but fingers crossed anyway!
I just checked this on the club rD link and they took away the sign-up dates. Looks like we may be waiting a bit longer for more details. Well that sucks, maybe they realized they should give people more than a couple days notice for pricing on the events?

Screenshot 2021-09-16 7.10.59 AM.png

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom