Rumors. Musings. Casual.

Ayla

I realise the comparisons are meaningful to many here, and I’m not questioning their validity to the people posting them. It just isn’t a framing that makes sense to me personally. Even a Universal holiday isn’t an alternative that would scratch the Disney itch in my view.
When that Disney itch is gone, the comparisons become much easier to understand.

SteamboatJoe

I have this one and think it’s adorable:

image_bbaacfc5-27b1-4831-9af6-6c0568d6f464.jpg
I remember seeing that. Its fine for what it is but we were looking for something more akin to a classic Christmas bulb with a more subdued style.

SteamboatJoe

I’m genuinely surprised to hear people say they can’t find anything to like among Disney’s Christmas ornaments. Those, at least, continue to include some genuinely distinctive and well-made items, such as the examples below celebrating Robin Hood (a rather obscure IP by modern Disney standards) and Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

My gripe was more about the 100 anniversary merch. I do like this line of ornaments and have several of them. I absolutely would have bought Roger but I already have a Roger driving Benny and decided that money was better spent on something else.

bmr1591

Ya we should be the target dvc customers. Young kids, have been going every year. It’s just not a good value.

No kids yet. We’re in a fortunate place to have been able to go to Disney about 7 times in the past year. We are literally the target market. My only interest is a resale. It’s just too much to justify.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
When that Disney itch is gone, the comparisons become much easier to understand.
When you're local, the itch remains, but it's not a vacation itch - it's an activity itch.

It's just another option for a recreational activity for me. When I want to travel somewhere, I generally won't even consider a destination just for theme parks (although they can be an activity among others we do).

TrainsOfDisney

I enjoy other vacations - but I’ve yet to find a full on replacement for a Disney Parks experience. I spend more time at Disneyland now vs. WDW but still enjoy WDW.

Disneyland is the better Disney park experience, but WDW is the better resort experience. Lately I’ve just been spending multiple days at WDW and just getting a 1 or 2 day park ticket and spending the rest of my time resort hopping or at Disney Springs.

hopemax

When you're local, the itch remains, but it's not a vacation itch - it's an activity itch.

It's just another option for a recreational activity for me. When I want to travel somewhere, I generally won't even consider a destination just for theme parks (although they can be an activity among others we do).
And there are non-locals for who it's mostly an activity itch too. My Dad has a Main Entrance pass. We go to WDW because its the activity closest to his house. But we also go to Universal (and stay on property! Which means we're paying for lodging we don't really need), we go to antique stores, we have lunch with friends. He's 78, so the era of him being able to do theme parks is coming to a close. When it ends, DH and I aren't planning on returning to WDW. We expected it to end when my Mom passed in 2015, not knowing my Dad would get to keep the pass. We were a little sad about the end then, but now any sadness has been wiped away in the last decade. It's soo much of a hassle now, where even free sometimes feels like it's too expensive. Disney itches will be either DLR or Tokyo.

hopemax

Hopefully he'll be like many of the ones I met on the Skyliner heading into the parks just a couple of weeks ago who were well into their 80's 😊
He actually does really well! We went to DLP in December for 4 days and 4 days in Paris. We walked like 70 miles, and he kept up! But at that age, you never know when things can change in an instant.

Animaniac93-98

How many people will confuse Epic with EPCOT and think Nintendo is there?

We already know people get Hollywood Studios and Universal Studios mixed up.

SamusAranX

If the itch were to leave me, I wouldn’t be making the comparisons in the first place; I’d simply stop going to Disney! No-one should pay for a holiday—any holiday—they resent taking or consider poor value for money.
And ironically that will be (en masse of course) what will force Disney to reevaluate and pivot.

If it weren’t for my very affordable Pixie Pass, I wouldn’t be shelling out that kind of money

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom