Rumors for Remaining part of 2020

JBM5113

Original Poster
With Florida’s recent movement to phase 3, is there any chance or rumors of Disney moving forward with reinstating park hoppers, relaxing masks, relaxing capacity limits, etc before then end of the year. I was just curious bc I was thinking MVMCP tickets and park hoppers may give them a small shot in the arm financially, but honestly any shot in the arm would benefit them at this point. I hate to be a pessimist but I look at the Old Republic of Star Wars and there is so much money just being left on the table, if done right, I’m just not optimistic about there handling a return to normalcy and profitability.

Nubs70

With Florida’s recent movement to phase 3, is there any chance or rumors of Disney moving forward with reinstating park hoppers, relaxing masks, relaxing capacity limits, etc before then end of the year. I was just curious bc I was thinking MVMCP tickets and park hoppers may give them a small shot in the arm financially, but honestly any shot in the arm would benefit them at this point. I hate to be a pessimist but I look at the Old Republic of Star Wars and there is so much money just being left on the table, if done right, I’m just not optimistic about there handling a return to normalcy and profitability.
I would not surmise any meaningful changes will be made until the results (financial performance) of the current headcount reductions are substantiated and evaluated from Q4 2020.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I have no rumors or inside information. However, a semi-educated guess based on the four days in the past 5 that I was at the parks is that a gradual reintroduction of live shows should continue. Queues for headline attractions were long but not insane, but in many places pathways and stores were crowded, which was not the case 2 months ago. People-eating theaters would help with some of that. Indiana Jones or BatB, Turtle Talk or some World Showcase entertainment, Laugh Floor, Nemo or FotLK.

Dog Ate Mouse

See I don't see spring break being normal at all. Right now I live in Southern NJ. NJ, NY, PA and CT all have travel bands in place for certain states. That means you can travel and go to a state on the list that they say is banned, but you have to self quarantine for 14 days after you come back home. I also seen and heard a lot of parents saying it is to risky to let their kids go. Now in NJ if you are a state worker and travel to one of the band states and come back sick. All your sick days will be taken away and you will not be paid until you are healthy and not contagious. This is not my rules but are the rules that we are being subjected to up here in NJ and the tri State Area.

I am hoping that by March we will have an end in sight. I want things to open and get back to our normal life. Just right now no thoughts on going away for vacation until this mess is cleared up.

Ldno

I have no insider info but I feel personally given the notion that Disneyland can’t open, I strongly have a gut feeling Disney in burbank will try to recoup their money back by adding a few spectacles along the way this year in Walt Disney World. Maybe they can open Ratatouille ride and Space 220 to boast attendance at Epcot. Masks will not go away any time soon at all, but I’m curious to see if they can bring back Fireworks, because they have been changing their holiday hours a bit more to the right, plus not to mention park hopper will not be back any time soon despite the fact that we can buy tickets in 2021 with the option to do so.

We will see at the End of the month to for any changes to the Holidays in WDW this year at least since it’s around the corner but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
See I don't see spring break being normal at all. Right now I live in Southern NJ. NJ, NY, PA and CT all have travel bands in place for certain states. That means you can travel and go to a state on the list that they say is banned, but you have to self quarantine for 14 days after you come back home. I also seen and heard a lot of parents saying it is to risky to let their kids go. Now in NJ if you are a state worker and travel to one of the band states and come back sick. All your sick days will be taken away and you will not be paid until you are healthy and not contagious. This is not my rules but are the rules that we are being subjected to up here in NJ and the tri State Area.

I am hoping that by March we will have an end in sight. I want things to open and get back to our normal life. Just right now no thoughts on going away for vacation until this mess is cleared up.
Local college scheduled Good Friday as the entirety of spring break 2021.

wdwfan22

I have no insider info but I feel personally given the notion that Disneyland can’t open, I strongly have a gut feeling Disney in burbank will try to recoup their money back by adding a few spectacles along the way this year in Walt Disney World. Maybe they can open Ratatouille ride and Space 220 to boast attendance at Epcot. Masks will not go away any time soon at all, but I’m curious to see if they can bring back Fireworks, because they have been changing their holiday hours a bit more to the right, plus not to mention park hopper will not be back any time soon despite the fact that we can buy tickets in 2021 with the option to do so.

We will see at the End of the month to for any changes to the Holidays in WDW this year at least since it’s around the corner but I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Opening ratatouille this year isn't going to boost attendance they way it will if they market it as something new for 2021. It's to close to Christmas for most Guests to plan an out of state trip. Burbank is smart to hold the attraction until next year. Right now they should just focus on bringing locals into Epcot. Give them a taste of Festival of the Holidays and that will keep the spirit of Epcot going. Fireworks won't be back until next year.

Ldno

Opening ratatouille this year isn't going to boost attendance they way it will if they market it as something new for 2021. It's to close to Christmas for most Guests to plan an out of state trip. Burbank is smart to hold the attraction until next year. Right now they should just focus on bringing locals into Epcot. Give them a taste of Festival of the Holidays and that will keep the spirit of Epcot going. Fireworks won't be back until next year.
I mean WDW says they are ready and given how everything is close to 60 days with planning, I mean why not. Honestly with florida easing restrictions on a lot of things, Disney’s holding it self up at this point but we will see. ChapeK wants to say he’s basing Disney guidelines off of CDC stuff but the thing with them opening up Art of Animation November 1st, I wonder if they have something planned if it‘s requiring more attendance.

I’m just basing it off on the notion that they are reopening more than we thing which makes me wonder if they can pull a surprise Announcement, similar to Savi’s workshop with a week or two to plan.

You best believe if Disney mentions the words Rat 2020 Holidays I am buying my ticket in a heartbeat!

Last edited:

matt9112

I dont think people enforce those much...i have traveled via air and thise stayes try to hand you some kind of paperwork 🤣

Resuming AP sales at least in state would help.

havoc315

Let’s put it this way. NYC announced that Broadway would remain shut until May 31, 2021, at a minimum.
Not comparing New York to Florida, but it’s merely a demonstration of how far away “normal” is. And Broadway is critical to thousands of jobs and billions in revenue.

Disney may gradually open some outdoor shows... gradually increase hours.
But the big stuff: masks, capacity limits... I wouldn’t expect any major changes this year.

For now, the park pass system is set in place through September 2021. I’d hope and expect to see more normalization before that, but I wouldn’t expect any major normalization until Spring 2021, optimistically. I’ll note park hoppers are for sale with 2021 packages, so we might see some form of park hopping restored in January.

SteamboatJoe

I don't see park hopping returning until either they completely remove the park reservation system or modify it to allow you to make park reservations in 2 or more parks for the same day.
I'm not entirely convinced park hopping will really ever be the same when its all said and done. Seems like from a operations planning point of view, the reservation system just makes too much sense to give up.

Dr.GrantSeeker

I'm not entirely convinced park hopping will really ever be the same when its all said and done. Seems like from a operations planning point of view, the reservation system just makes too much sense to give up.
Do we think that there is any chance park hopping could resume in time for the holidays? They could do it for only APs with a resort reservation to at least get some people moving around property more. Maybe they don't want that? 🤷‍♂️

icc2515

Do we think that there is any chance park hopping could resume in time for the holidays? They could do it for only APs with a resort reservation to at least get some people moving around property more. Maybe they don't want that? 🤷‍♂️
My best guess would be no. With Chapek saying that capacity would not raise till the CDC issues new guidance, which to me means getting rid of the 6 foot distancing. Plus the fact that they are trying to bring more hotels online. And they are really advertising the holidays on TV. There is just not going to be any capacity for park hopping. Plus setting up the park hopping system is just too complex.

rct247

Personal guesses...
  • Of the 4 parks, we may see an increase in attendance at 3 of them before the year's end.
  • What you have been seeing this September & October will be what you see for Thanksgiving and Christmas which will be very strange.
  • Leading into 2021 will be a wait and see to see how the flu season and COVID interact. We might see more things open up, but procedures will be in place. Park hoping may be an option on a limited scale.
  • March 2021, if all is well, we may see some relaxing of CDC guidelines with social distancing helping with capacities. Masks will still be in place. Temp checks may be relaxed. FastPass will be reintroduced as MaxPass.
  • Summer 2021, masks may begin to be relaxed, but encouraged if we are looking good. APs go back on sale.
  • Park Pass remains in place indefinitely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom