Rumored incident at Disney Springs??

drew81

Original Poster
Wonder if metal detectors will show up at Springs?

Not to make light of situation, but I could see some changes at Springs. With the reactionary measures Disney has been taking nothing would surprise me.

PhotoDave219

Not to make light of situation, but I could see some changes at Springs. With the reactionary measures Disney has been taking nothing would surprise me.

Unlikely. There's so many entrances, you cant secure that place easily.

Also, if this is an alcohol fueled incident that arose because of a third-party over serving, that seems like the bigger issue. Between that and the hysterical overreaction of the usual suspects, its annoying to have to spend my night trying to get good information out here.

Edit: One arrest on Disorderly Conduct, per the Sentinel....

Edit 2: If you run a Twitter feed that people rely on for info, you're responsible for being accurate. Inflaming a situation with "shots fired at Disney Springs" without any sense of verification is akin to yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theatre.... irresponsible amateurs.

Last edited:

s8film40

Honestly I think the increased security is partially to blame for the overreaction here. It's on people's minds right now so when the slightest thing happens people's fears become the reality to them.

NowInc

Edit 2: If you run a Twitter feed that people rely on for info, you're responsible for being accurate. Inflaming a situation with "shots fired at Disney Springs" without any sense of verification is akin to yelling "Fire" in a crowded movie theatre.... irresponsible amateurs.

You'd think by now they would stop with the click-bait tweets. They have lost a TON of followers for this in recent months...they are the national enquirer of Disney "news". It gets really fun when you call them out on it, too....they think they can do no wrong.

ariana

Hello! I was at the sight of this "shooting" in Disney Springs. My family and I had been shopping right next door to the incident. I was in Goofy's Candy Shop, or something like that, when we saw people running from Rain Forest Cafe right next door, shouting about a shooting. This was around 9:35 pm. The disney staff quickly brought us into the back and hid us in rooms without windows. They locked the doors up and began offering us candy samples. They had no information to tell us about what actually took place. We remained in lockdown for a short amount of time, around 10:00 pm. Park police came in and said everything was alright and it was safe to go out. Lets just say I've never seen the park clear out so fast. People ran for their cars fearing the shooter would strike again. We cautiously wandered around while we heard helicopters overhead, but no ambulances or police cars. We asked multiple disney staff what happened, but they refused to tell us and would not specify if it was a shooting or not. The venue had a very tense feeling in the air for the remainder of the night. I stayed up late watching Disney Springs from our hotel room and checking the news, until a story about a fight surfaced. Apparently a fight happened at the bar of Rain Forest Cafe that frightened guests and sent them running, creating a scary chain reaction that was twisted into the idea of a shooting. But still I will never forget the frightening event that took place on Christmas Day 2015.

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hello! I was at the sight of this "shooting." My family and I had been shopping right next door in Goofy's Candy Shop, or something like that, when we saw people running from Rain Forest Cafe right next door, shouting about a shooting. This was around 9:35 pm. The disney staff quickly brought us into the back and hid us in rooms without windows. They locked the doors up and began offering us candy samples. They had no information to tell us about what actually took place. We remained in lockdown for a short amount of time, around 10:00 pm. Park police came in and said everything was alright and it was safe to go out. Lets just say I've never seen the park clear out so fast. People ran for their cars fearing the shooter would strike again. We cautiously wandered around while we heard helicopters overhead, but no ambulances or police cars. We asked multiple disney staff what happened, but they refused to tell us and would not specify if it was a shooting or not. The park had a very tense feeling in the air for the remainder of the night. I stayed up late watching the park from our hotel room and checking the news, until a story about a fight surfaced. Apparently a fight happened at the bar of Rain Forest Cafe that frightened guests and sent them running, creating a scary chain reaction that was twisted into the idea of a shooting. But still I will never forget the frightening event that took place on Christmas Day 2015.
It wasn't at a park. It was at Disney Springs.

Bairstow

...and now a Blaze story is linked from Drudge, so a LOT of people are now seeing this story.
I actually saw that before I found the thread here.
Must be a slow news (boxing) day.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...downtown-disney-crowds-stampeding-for-safety/

shoottweets.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom