Rumored incident at Disney Springs??

draybook

yes3_zpsfni4b1it.jpg

Sweet Thing

Hello! I was at the sight of this "shooting" in Disney Springs. My family and I had been shopping right next door to the incident. I was in Goofy's Candy Shop, or something like that, when we saw people running from Rain Forest Cafe right next door, shouting about a shooting. This was around 9:35 pm. The disney staff quickly brought us into the back and hid us in rooms without windows. They locked the doors up and began offering us candy samples. They had no information to tell us about what actually took place. We remained in lockdown for a short amount of time, around 10:00 pm. Park police came in and said everything was alright and it was safe to go out. Lets just say I've never seen the park clear out so fast. People ran for their cars fearing the shooter would strike again. We cautiously wandered around while we heard helicopters overhead, but no ambulances or police cars. We asked multiple disney staff what happened, but they refused to tell us and would not specify if it was a shooting or not. The venue had a very tense feeling in the air for the remainder of the night. I stayed up late watching Disney Springs from our hotel room and checking the news, until a story about a fight surfaced. Apparently a fight happened at the bar of Rain Forest Cafe that frightened guests and sent them running, creating a scary chain reaction that was twisted into the idea of a shooting. But still I will never forget the frightening event that took place on Christmas Day 2015.
The incident happened at Bongos which is on the opposite side of Disney Springs from the Candy store and Rainforest cafe.

friendofafriend

Well since the incident were discussing is partly about what actually happened and partly about unnecessary panic spreading throughout Disney Springs both of these are relevant.
Yeah it sounds like the misinformation and panic spread quickly. This goes to show that in a place as crowded as Disney a perceived thread can be nearly as dangerous as an actual one. Can you imagine if something like this took place near the hub before Wishes on say NYE or July 4th? We could be looking at a tragic trampling incident like we've seen at soccer games in Europe and some rock concerts.

s8film40

Yeah it sounds like the misinformation and panic spread quickly. This goes to show that in a place as crowded as Disney a perceived thread can be nearly as dangerous as an actual one. Can you imagine if something like this took place near the hub before Wishes on say NYE or July 4th? We could be looking at a tragic trampling incident like we've seen at soccer games in Europe and some rock concerts.
Yeah, overreaction can be very dangerous. There's a reason why fire alarms in buildings are designed to go off in stages. There was obvious misinformation here, imagine if this had been real and everyone thinking it was somewhere it wasn't actually ran to where the incident was taking place.

I think Disney needs to rethink their current more visible security methods, they seem to be doing more harm than good at this point. If people weren't so on edge as a result of them this likely wouldn't have happened at all, this could have been worse.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yeah, overreaction can be very dangerous. There's a reason why fire alarms in buildings are designed to go off in stages. There was obvious misinformation here, imagine if this had been real and everyone thinking it was somewhere it wasn't actually ran to where the incident was taking place.

I think Disney needs to rethink their current more visible security methods, they seem to be doing more harm than good at this point. If people weren't so on edge as a result of them this likely wouldn't have happened at all, this could have been worse.

This is exactly what I've thought all along. Well said.

s8film40

Good thing there is no such thing as downtown Disney. All that information is lies!
Maybe that's the reason they keep changing names after all, then they can just deny stuff.;)

To be fair though there are still a few DTD signs and the name is still being officially used in some instances.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom