Rumor Soup

hauntdmansion79

Original Poster
This thread shows that Walt Disney World is forever changing, just like Walt wanted it to. There is nothing new here that hasn't already been posted on these boards over the past months. But I thought it would be fun to take a bunch of rumors that have us all interested and bunch them all together to remind us of how much new stuff is constantly being discussed. It's hard to keep track of where all these rumors stand. Please, if anyone knows if any of these rumors have shifted closer to green light or closer to inhalation, please comment.

Magic Kingdom
  • Carousel of Progress closing?
  • Little Mermaid going in the 20K spot?
  • Tomorrowland theater replacement?
Epcot
  • Is Spaceship Earth's refurbishment done?
  • Refurbishing Imagination Pavilion (replacement for "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" and Figment version 4)?
  • New Pavilion in World Showcase?
  • Mt. Fuji type ride going behind Japan?
Disney Hollywood Studios
  • Replacement for ABC theater?
  • Replacement for Hunchback theater?
  • Inversion rollercoaster in Pixar Place (Monsters Inc. or Ratatoulli and will it effect the fate of The Great Movie Ride)?
  • Backlot Tour officially closing?
  • Star Tours version 2?
  • Indiana Jones ride to replace stunt show?
Other
  • Changes to Pleasure Island?
  • Pirates area coming to either Downtown Disney, Discovery Island, or Tom Sawyer's Island?
  • 5th Gate thrill park?
  • New resort on Seven Seas Lagoon?
-hauntdmansion79

ImaYoyo

I'm only commenting on the few I have info on. Comments in your quote...
This thread shows that Walt Disney World is forever changing, just like Walt wanted it to. There is nothing new here that hasn't already been posted on these boards over the past months. But I thought it would be fun to take a bunch of rumors that have us all interested and bunch them all together to remind us of how much new stuff is constantly being discussed. It's hard to keep track of where all these rumors stand. Please, if anyone knows if any of these rumors have shifted closer to green light or closer to inhalation, please comment.

Magic Kingdom

q Carousel of Progress closing?
q Little Mermaid going in the 20K spot?
q Tomorrowland theater replacement?
Not until at least 2009 (originally planned for summer 2008, moved back to unknown)

Epcot

q Is Spaceship Earth's refurbishment done? Yes
q Refurbishing Imagination Pavilion (replacement for "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" and Figment version 4)?
q New Pavilion in World Showcase?
q Mt. Fuji type ride going behind Japan?

Disney Hollywood Studios

q Replacement for ABC theater? Yes
q Replacement for Hunchback theater? Yes, a performing arts theater (indoor theater) originally to be opened as soon as spring, possibly pushed back.
q Inversion rollercoaster in Pixar Place (Monsters Inc. or Ratatoulli and will it effect the fate of The Great Movie Ride)?

q Backlot Tour officially closing?
q Star Tours version 2?
q Indiana Jones ride to replace stunt show?

Other

q Changes to Pleasure Island? Yes, announced today, not as big as everyone expected
q Pirates area coming to either Downtown Disney, Discovery Island, or Tom Sawyer's Island?
q 5th Gate thrill park?
q New resort on Seven Seas Lagoon?

Changes to DQ (positive changes, no it's not going away)

-hauntdmansion79

hauntdmansion79

Original Poster
Thanks. I would be very excited if someday some of these came true. I remember having the Epcot wand come down was my biggest wish and that came true last year. Now what should I wish for this year?

Contemporary DVC

and..

New TTA line from Contemporary DVC to the old sky car station in tommorow land, for a direct, no waiting route for DVC members to get to the Magic Kingdom. :ROFLOL:

^that is a joke

OmegaKnight

While I wish they would bring the Indiana Jones Adventure to DHS, hopefully they will at least update the stunt show with a new scene from Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (the subtitle of the new movie opening in May.)

jt04

I'm only commenting on the few I have info on. Comments in your quote...

q Changes to Pleasure Island? Yes, announced today, not as big as everyone expected

OK, but is it official and what was announced? I only saw a rumor of rnrbc closing. Is that it?

primetime52

• Inversion rollercoaster in Pixar Place (Monsters Inc. or Ratatoulli and will it effect the fate of The Great Movie Ride)?
  • t for ABC theater?
Well I seriously hope they would never consider getting rid of GMR. Wasn't GMR the entire reason that the park was built in the first place? I view GMR as being DHS' version of SSE. It may not be as cutting edge as it used to be, but it's still DHS' flagship attraction.

CThaddeus

Thanks. I would be very excited if someday some of these came true. I remember having the Epcot wand come down was my biggest wish and that came true last year. Now what should I wish for this year?

The removal, or just "moval," of the wretched Hat in the Studios, perhaps? That's my wish for WDW 2008.

Angelo-Titan

Wasn't there a rumor (or fact I do not know) about Space Mountain 2.0. The they will gut all of the internal track and start over from scratch with a new faster more modern coaster? I seem to remember reading something they they would have to lop off the top of the building and remove some of the track via crane from the top.

The MaD Hatter

Wasn't there a rumor (or fact I do not know) about Space Mountain 2.0. The they will gut all of the internal track and start over from scratch with a new faster more modern coaster? I seem to remember reading something they they would have to lop off the top of the building and remove some of the track via crane from the top.

That's the rumor that was posted here awhile back, but I believe the original source for removing the top was Screamscape. Hopefully they will refurb SM soon to make it as good or better than it's DL counterpart.

BTW, there was also a rumor about the Jungle Cruise receiving a lengthy refurb as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom