Rumor Soup

lilclerk

That's the rumor that was posted here awhile back, but I believe the original source for removing the top was Screamscape. Hopefully they will refurb SM soon to make it as good or better than it's DL counterpart.

BTW, there was also a rumor about the Jungle Cruise receiving a lengthy refurb as well.

This is basically what I was going to ask about. Any news on Space or JC's refurbs? I haven't been around much lately, work finally picked up.

goofyfan13

Lookout Imayoyo... it's the SECRET POLICE!!! Ha ha ha...

I say give out all the info!! Give it all away!!! HA!

Can't tell exactly if your being sarcastic or poking at Space Mountain, so I'll just ask this question, have you ever heard of an NDA?

redshoesrock

Disney Hollywood Studios
  • Replacement for ABC theater?
The last I had heard, Disney was in talks with Fox about putting an attraction in the theater based on "American Idol". Guests picked out of the crowd would audition to see if they could really sing, then everyone would go into the theater modeled on the set of American Idol, then the selected guests would each sing a song (sort of an elaborate karaoke thing), and the winner would get something (dream fastpasses or whatever). I have no idea if negotiations fell through, as I've not heard much more on how the idea is going.

goofyfan13

Disney Hollywood Studios
The last I had heard, Disney was in talks with Fox about putting an attraction in the theater based on "American Idol". Guests picked out of the crowd would audition to see if they could really sing, then everyone would go into the theater modeled on the set of American Idol, then the selected guests would each sing a song (sort of an elaborate karaoke thing), and the winner would get something (dream fastpasses or whatever). I have no idea if negotiations fell through, as I've not heard much more on how the idea is going.

Hopefully they didn't fall through, cause this idea sounds worse than "Sounds Dangerous."

Disney Hollywood Studios
I wonder if they will ditch the American Idol theme for a Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann theme. This show, in my opinion, is better and more complex than American Idol, and Disney already owns the rights to it. Seems logical to me.

jt04

My favorite new rumor is from Re-Imagineering. Something about some certain hideous monolithic rat maze at Epcot going to a new location or something.

They have proven to be very accurate before. So hopefully they are right!:lookaroun

imamouse

Wasn't there a rumor (or fact I do not know) about Space Mountain 2.0. The they will gut all of the internal track and start over from scratch with a new faster more modern coaster?

Yes (plus seakers added to ride vehicles for on-ride music)

I seem to remember reading something they they would have to lop off the top of the building and remove some of the track via crane from the top.

and NO

RSoxNo1

Disney Hollywood Studios

I was under the impression that American Idol isn't owned by Fox, so negotiations wouldn't necessarily have to be with Fox.

hauntdmansion79

Original Poster
[/list]Well I seriously hope they would never consider getting rid of GMR. Wasn't GMR the entire reason that the park was built in the first place? I view GMR as being DHS' version of SSE. It may not be as cutting edge as it used to be, but it's still DHS' flagship attraction.

So many of us totally agree that The Great Movie Ride is one of those staple attractions that harks back to Disney's prime. But with the copyright issues rgarding the Chinese Theater and the unfortunate decrease in popularity for The Great Movie Ride (in part due to Disney's lack of support and advertisement for the attraction) makes me worry. Pixar Place could get a big budget attraction, put it in the GMR ride space, and have the entrance to the attraction be through the backside of The Great Movie ride.

hauntdmansion79

Original Poster
The removal, or just "moval," of the wretched Hat in the Studios, perhaps? That's my wish for WDW 2008.
TOTALLY. But I sense this will be much more unlikely than the wand.

This watery broth needs more body!

WHO BROUGHT THE MEAT???

:cool:
I agree and in this case, too many chefs will not spoil the broth.

I wonder if they will ditch the American Idol theme for a Dance War: Bruno vs. Carrie Ann theme. This show, in my opinion, is better and more complex than American Idol, and Disney already owns the rights to it. Seems logical to me.
My wife watches both shows and I sit in the other room and just listen to them on the TV. I can't speak for the dancing on Dance War, but the contestant on that show CAN'T SING, they sound really bad. I have a slight issue with that too, because why are they singing on a show called Dance War. To me it seems like it's misrepresenting the show's title.

Moustronaut

Yes (plus seakers added to ride vehicles for on-ride music)

and NO

Ok I'm glad I speak typo... cause the first time I read this I though you meant they were going to add Wallace Langham's (the actor that plays Dr. Seeker in Dinosaur) voice to the soundtrack. :ROFLOL:

Tim G

Magic Kingdom
  • Carousel of Progress closing? YES
  • Little Mermaid going in the 20K spot? NO
  • Tomorrowland theater replacement? ?????
Epcot
  • Is Spaceship Earth's refurbishment done? ALMOST
  • Refurbishing Imagination Pavilion (replacement for "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" and Figment version 4)? YES... NO REPLACEMENT
  • New Pavilion in World Showcase? NO
  • Mt. Fuji type ride going behind Japan? NO
Disney Hollywood Studios
  • Replacement for ABC theater? YES
  • Replacement for Hunchback theater? NO
  • Inversion rollercoaster in Pixar Place (Monsters Inc. or Ratatoulli and will it effect the fate of The Great Movie Ride)? NO
  • Backlot Tour officially closing? EVENTUALLY... YES
  • Star Tours version 2? EVENTUALLY... YES
  • Indiana Jones ride to replace stunt show? NO
Other
  • Changes to Pleasure Island? YES
  • Pirates area coming to either Downtown Disney, Discovery Island, or Tom Sawyer's Island? NO
  • 5th Gate thrill park? DEFINITELY NOT
  • New resort on Seven Seas Lagoon? NO

brisem

I was under the impression that American Idol isn't owned by Fox, so negotiations wouldn't necessarily have to be with Fox.

American Idol is televised on Fox in the United States and on Q11 for the 7th season, in Philippines, and CTV in Canada. The Idol series was first created by Simon Fuller (manager of the Spice Girls and S Club 7) and developed by Simon Jones of FremantleMedia. The director is Bruce Gowers (director of Queen's original "Bohemian Rhapsody" video) and executive producers are Nigel Lythgoe (a judge on So You Think You Can Dance) and Ken Warwick (Gladiators and Grudge Match).

So FremantleMedia holds the rights, Fox owns the broadcasting rights

My wife watches both shows and I sit in the other room and just listen to them on the TV. I can't speak for the dancing on Dance War, but the contestant on that show CAN'T SING, they sound really bad. I have a slight issue with that too, because why are they singing on a show called Dance War. To me it seems like it's misrepresenting the show's title.
The show primarily focuses on the dancing. The reason they added singing was to beat out American Idol and so You Think You Can Dance. Instead of having to watch two shows, ABC combined the two to give them more viewers. To tell you the truth, I'm not crazy about any of the three ... Dancing With the Stars is more my style.

Magic Kingdom
  • Carousel of Progress closing? YES
  • Little Mermaid going in the 20K spot? NO
  • Tomorrowland theater replacement? ?????
Epcot
  • Is Spaceship Earth's refurbishment done? ALMOST
  • Refurbishing Imagination Pavilion (replacement for "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" and Figment version 4)? YES... NO REPLACEMENT
  • New Pavilion in World Showcase? NO
  • Mt. Fuji type ride going behind Japan? NO
Disney Hollywood Studios
  • Replacement for ABC theater? YES
  • Replacement for Hunchback theater? NO
  • Inversion rollercoaster in Pixar Place (Monsters Inc. or Ratatoulli and will it effect the fate of The Great Movie Ride)? NO
  • Backlot Tour officially closing? EVENTUALLY... YES
  • Star Tours version 2? EVENTUALLY... YES
  • Indiana Jones ride to replace stunt show? NO
Other
  • Changes to Pleasure Island? YES
  • Pirates area coming to either Downtown Disney, Discovery Island, or Tom Sawyer's Island? NO
  • 5th Gate thrill park? DEFINITELY NOT
  • New resort on Seven Seas Lagoon? NO

There appear to be a lot of "no's" on that list. Is Disney planning on adding anything within the new few years?

kcw

1.)Just the galaxy palace theater. 2.) Unfortunately I do not.

so what does that mean for the fate of Mickey's Twas The Night Before Christmas?

Hopefully they did fall through, cause this idea sounds worse than "Sounds Dangerous."

I think that's what you meant. and I agree 100%.

What, what, what?!?!? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Please say it ain't so, or at least elaborate. :cry:

Why shut it down when all it needs is a nice refurb, especially an update to the final scene.

people have been going bug-eyed over this forever now. I understand the semtimental value, but sometimes people just need to accept what is and move on. Someone on another "woe-is-me-they're-getting-rid-of-COP-and-I'll-probably-die" thread brought up the irony that it is the carousel of progress so why is everyone so up in arms about letting the park progress?? It has had a long, great life, let it die in peace

there's also quite a few parade rumors that nobody has brought up....?

jt04

WOW! I just found out that the tombstones are leaving Epcot soon and the CoP is also leaving the MK.

This is me not complaining ----> :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom