Rumor Soup

The MaD Hatter

I understand the semtimental value, but sometimes people just need to accept what is and move on. Someone on another "woe-is-me-they're-getting-rid-of-COP-and-I'll-probably-die" thread brought up the irony that it is the carousel of progress so why is everyone so up in arms about letting the park progress?? It has had a long, great life, let it die in peace

Given the latest Tomorrowland attractions (Stitch and Monster's Inc.), I'd say there's not much progress being made. I'll take COP over these attractions any day. But then again, I guess most people would rather have Pit Talk with Lightning McQueen or another video-based Pixar attraction than COP. :shrug:

jt04

Given the latest Tomorrowland attractions (Stitch and Monster's Inc.), I'd say there's not much progress being made. I'll take COP over these attractions any day. But then again, I guess most people would rather have Pit Talk with Lightning McQueen or another video-based Pixar attraction than COP. :shrug:

My hunch, and it is just a guess, is that CoP will be relocted and not scrapped altogether. So don't give up hope. Now the tombstones on the other hand (not incuding the plaques) won't be missed.

Figment571

It's really funny though, I had a friend who just went to Disney for the first time and asked me why there weren't more attractions with AA's of the quality of SSE's.

He also agreed the new ending doesn't fit:lookaroun Yeah, he really said it. No seriously!

jt04

2008 is shaping up to be quite the slow year...unless there is some big announcement flying under the radar...

Could be a slow year for AP renewals if something isn't announced by the time TSM opens. (Besides new parades, shows). Speaking only for myself though.

The MaD Hatter

My hunch, and it is just a guess, is that CoP will be relocted and not scrapped altogether. So don't give up hope. Now the tombstones on the other hand (not incuding the plaques) won't be missed.

Here's hoping they keep COP somewhere or at least replace it with something better (not another video attraction) and get rid of or move those tombstones!

JimboJones123

so what does that mean for the fate of Mickey's Twas The Night Before Christmas?

I think that's what you meant. and I agree 100%.

people have been going bug-eyed over this forever now. I understand the semtimental value, but sometimes people just need to accept what is and move on. Someone on another "woe-is-me-they're-getting-rid-of-COP-and-I'll-probably-die" thread brought up the irony that it is the carousel of progress so why is everyone so up in arms about letting the park progress?? It has had a long, great life, let it die in peace

there's also quite a few parade rumors that nobody has brought up....?
I say let it go out with a bang!!! (must remember to pack lots of matches on the plane -- wait, that's probably not a great idea either)

MiklCraw4d

Haha... absolutely. I'm not sure what direction Tomorrowland is going in but it's not towards the future. But now I'll live in fear of "Pit Talk with Lightning McQueen"...

I hope your hunch is correct. All along, my problem has been with the idea of abandoning the Carousel concept entirely. I have no problem with it not being in the Magic Kingdom itself; it's obvious that it doesn't fit thematically within Tomorrowland anymore. It would, however, be perfect at EPCOT. Its roots as basically a showcase for electric consumer products would make it a perfect component of Innoventions. In fact, this really shows what a genius Walt was - the Carousel was built with the exact same purpose as Innoventions but compare the popularity and entertainment value of each. I nearly always skip Innoventions but I never miss CoP, outdated and decrepit though it be at the moment.

Sadly, though, I can't imagine anyone at corporate putting the $$$ into relocating a new Carousel show to EPCOT, and it seems that Lasseter's only interest is in Disneyland.

PS: I'm right with you on the EPCOT mortuary complex... the sooner it's gone, the better

jt04

Haha... absolutely. I'm not sure what direction Tomorrowland is going in but it's not towards the future. But now I'll live in fear of "Pit Talk with Lightning McQueen"...

Too funny :ROFLOL:

I hope your hunch is correct. All along, my problem has been with the idea of abandoning the Carousel concept entirely. I have no problem with it not being in the Magic Kingdom itself; it's obvious that it doesn't fit thematically within Tomorrowland anymore. It would, however, be perfect at EPCOT. Its roots as basically a showcase for electric consumer products would make it a perfect component of Innoventions. In fact, this really shows what a genius Walt was - the Carousel was built with the exact same purpose as Innoventions but compare the popularity and entertainment value of each. I nearly always skip Innoventions but I never miss CoP, outdated and decrepit though it be at the moment.

Sadly, though, I can't imagine anyone at corporate putting the $$$ into relocating a new Carousel show to EPCOT, and it seems that Lasseter's only interest is in Disneyland.

Maybe it is going to DL, or more accurately, DCA. But I have a hunch it could go to another Cali location. And I am not saying anything more :zipit:

PS: I'm right with you on the EPCOT mortuary complex... the sooner it's gone, the better
True

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom