[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

AEfx

b8edcfd6dd79720249b61853c178e8dca5-surejan.rhorizontal.w700.jpg

Homemade Imagineering

@FulcrumSolo when I was reading your tweets on the future of Imagination, I came across another tweet of yours referencing a replacement for RNR, to which you said this:
811A3AAF-C651-411C-A272-55C75D9423D6.jpeg

So from what I can gather here, the property proposed to replace RNR is something entirely different than what’s being suggested in this thread? I’d like to know your thoughts on this specific thread, though the OP of this thread most definitely seems like a complete troll. Just thought I’d bring it up since we’re on the topic of a re-theme.

Last edited:

DisneyCane

Yeah, no. While it’s 99% happening that this ride is getting massive changes within 5 years, this absolutely will not be the change
This is one rumor that must come true at some point. I don't think Aerosmith will keep performing into their 80s. Therefore, they will eventually have to change it to something else.

TYOTimer

This is one rumor that must come true at some point. I don't think Aerosmith will keep performing into their 80s. Therefore, they will eventually have to change it to something else.
The issue now is more that the rights should be running out soon for Aerosmith, and Disney won’t be renewing them. There’s various things I’ve heard as a replacement, but I’ve never really heard anything certain.

deix15x8

That they could. RnRC featuring "insert artist(s) here" isn't a terrible concept. Shame "Radio Disney" just folded; would have made a good synergistic sponsor. I bet Sirius XM would consider it.

Would a revolving artist approach bring guests to the park?
If Disney really wanted to push the boundaries of a decade ago (yeah I know, that's pushing it for Disney today), they could leave it entirely generic and build a lighting package to different artists and let the guests on each train vote for an artists with the winning artist being the package run for the ride.

Giss Neric

I get that she's not a one-hit wonder artist but she is no Taylor Swift big. I'm comparing her to Taylor cause she's Olivia's idol. It has to be a household name.

I would rather theme it to the K-Pop group BTS. Just kidding.

Lilofan

Ever hear of the Grateful Dead? Dead and Company is doing another US Tour later this year. Band members are in their mid 70s and early 80s.

No Name

This is pretty funny to read and I don’t think there’s a chance of it happening but...

To all of the people saying this is a bad idea because she may only be popular for a short period of time, what does it matter? All Disney really has to do is record a new preshow video and change some signs, which is cheap and quick. Hopefully they’d change some props to reflect 2021 pop star instead of 1990s rock band but even that isn’t super expensive. The small investment they make would pay off in a small amount of time, and so in a couple years they could do the same for the next star, and it would be even cheaper. I’m not advocating for it but Bob Chapek seems like he’s been itching to do something just like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom