[Rumor] Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Olivia Rodrigo

Incomudro

What about a Soul Theme? Jazz as the music?

th
Pixar Movie GIF by Walt Disney Studios
No.

OG Runner

Alright you asked for it, not my fault:

(Checks... first post by user). Hello!

(This isn't starting well is it?)

Which bus do they drive? I have it on good authority that those dudes got ALL the info. I mean just the other day someone was telling me about their cousin's, sister's brother who heard it from some guy who saw Ferris throw up at 31 flavors last night.... according to the bus driver they spoke to (and some movie you've probably never seen).

Well sure, no Disney IP. Bean counters and the big wigs can't have that.

"Dream on, dream on, dream on, Dream until your dream come true."

One would think your Imaginnering friend would make the easy connection of Cars, no?

Disney's mantra of the last two decades, so nothing shocking there.

Interesting concept, who will they go with?

See my comments on two decades above.

Ed Sheeran, oh that guy who was in Game of Thrones!

11 years or so to act on something? Sounds about right for Disney.

Drawing boards cost money.

Nah I've been living under a bridge, oh wait that's you? Me? I was "living in a van, down by the river!"

Nope.

Billboard is still a thing? Good for her anyways!

Transcendent power? Transcendent power is a phrase reserved for Led Zeppelin. Go check out your parent's/grandparent's CDs and/or albums. Or in your case download off your favorite music store, and/or visit your favorite streaming site/service.

Or Queen or Prince.

Somehow I'm still thinking their career will end up being longer than hers.

Get back to us when she sells millions upon millions, like uh, yah know... Aerosmith (estimated at 66.5 million as of 2013).

See immediately above.

Indeed it is.

Well sure. In your role as manager and/or publicist its your job.

<groan......> if you have to use Venn diagrams to explain your client, erm I mean your "favorite singer" you're doing it wrong

Hey none of that now, this is a family site, G rated only!

Oh course its unkempt, its grunge. I should know, I had the long hair and flannel to prove it.

Is there ever downtemp pop-rock?

So just like every other successful musical artist?

I think that's what was being said about teenage angst pop of the late 50s/early 1960s?

Rodrigo? As in The Cid? That dude rocked! I really liked it when they propped up his beat up corpse and he rode along the beach! Oh wait.....

I'm sure it will be "easy to forget"

So another one of those type of singers is going to replace Aerosmith? Those didn't, but she will?

Sounds likely...

I have no idea what this means as I have been living under a rock in 2021 "in a van, down by the river!"

You never told us which bus route they drive.

This sounds very detailed.

Got nothing here.

Wait a minute, that's part of your username! (bolded) as someone noted up thread.

Sounds legit.

Hell yes! /s

Who?

This Olivia Rodrigo seems to be an order of magnitude bigger than these Aerosmith guys, sign me up!
Well, I am just glad you were able to keep yourself under control and weren't too harsh.

OG Runner

I heard from a reliable source close to the big guns at Dis, Olivia is out. Instead they are working up a contract and are very close to closing a deal, for this versatile, internationally known band that has a tremendous fan base to step in
View attachment 561684
led by well known, award winning, instrumentalist, Big Al.
View attachment 561685
Now that is an idea! Who wouldn't want to ride a roller coaster with "Blood on the Sand" blaring.

SailorMercury

Everyone is suggesting different music for RnRC, but I think we should be suggesting different attractions for an Olivia Rodrigo takeover. Test Track or the Speedway are my top picks!
Why not takeover the entire park. Revive the Muppetland concept for Olivia Rodrigo

Pepper's Ghost

Hello everyone!

My friend is an insider who works for Walt Disney World in Florida. My friend has reported to me that imagineers have been working to retheme the Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios for a while, as Aerosmith is no longer as popular a band with as much mass appeal as it was at the time of the rides' debut in 1999. There have been a few ideas proposed, such as retheming the ride to one of various Pixar properties such as the door vaulter scene in Monsters, Inc. or the Incredibles. Many people who work for disney are proponents of the less expensive but still rather enduring concept of keeping the ride's current unique theme as a roller coaster themed to music, but switching out the featured musical act. Such plans have been in a state of general possibility for over a decade by now, during which time several artists (such as Paramore, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and - for a brief period in 2010 - the cast of glee) have been proposed and contacted for the idea, although plans have never yet gone as far into the realm beyond the drawing board as they currently are.

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo. In a span of months, she has racked 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (the transcendent power ballad drivers license and pop-rock explosion good 4 u), which happens to be one more than Aerosmith have accrued in their decades-long career. Her debut studio album Sour, which was released on May 21, has held the highest US sales of any album in a week of this year with almost 300,000 units. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

In fact, Rodrigo has shined so brightly in the past few months it has been easy to forget the fact that she is a Disney Channel star like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez before her, having starred in Bizaardvark and currently starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. In fact, my insider friend has reported that Disney is trying to negotiate a contract with Rodrigo to allow the licensing of her solo music (which has been released by the label Geffen Records, the same label that has worked with Aerosmith) in the ride currently known as Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, as well as to film an all-new pre-show starring Olivia herself. The plan is for the track layout to stay roughly the same, although plans have been thrown around for the space between the ride’s loading area and launch to be extended, accommodating for a new, slow-moving dark ride scene built around Rodrigo’s deceptively gentle but extremely powerful signature track drivers license. The more intense parts of the ride will be soundtracked by higher-octane tracks by Rodrigo such as brutal, deja vu, and good 4 u.

So, what do you think of these rumors? Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo? Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?
"Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo"...
Ummm, WHO?

Aside from this being an incredibly shameless, pathetic, and obviously fake post, do you really expect people to believe that WDW is going to re-theme an extremely popular ride to a musical act who has been "popular" for 5 months? Never heard of her, and never want to. Because of this thread I'm now intentionally going to avoid her at all costs. Some publicist you are. Time to switch professions.

Not taking this BS fake rumor seriously, but just saying I'm 100% certain that Disney will fix the Yeti before re-theming RnRC to Oliver Whatever-her-name-is.
Yeti.gif

PizzaPlanet

Everyone is suggesting different music for RnRC, but I think we should be suggesting different attractions for an Olivia Rodrigo takeover. Test Track or the Speedway are my top picks!
I'm in favor of three separate Driver's License attractions. Each one reaches a different demographic after all. The Speedway can focus on the bedroom balladry, Test Track could cover the unkempt psychadelic grunge, and RnRC will emphasize the uptempo pop-rock.

Whippet Mom

Hello everyone!

My friend is an insider who works for Walt Disney World in Florida. My friend has reported to me that imagineers have been working to retheme the Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith at Disney's Hollywood Studios for a while, as Aerosmith is no longer as popular a band with as much mass appeal as it was at the time of the rides' debut in 1999. There have been a few ideas proposed, such as retheming the ride to one of various Pixar properties such as the door vaulter scene in Monsters, Inc. or the Incredibles. Many people who work for disney are proponents of the less expensive but still rather enduring concept of keeping the ride's current unique theme as a roller coaster themed to music, but switching out the featured musical act. Such plans have been in a state of general possibility for over a decade by now, during which time several artists (such as Paramore, Ed Sheeran, Bruno Mars, and - for a brief period in 2010 - the cast of glee) have been proposed and contacted for the idea, although plans have never yet gone as far into the realm beyond the drawing board as they currently are.

Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo. In a span of months, she has racked 2 Billboard Hot 100 #1 singles (the transcendent power ballad drivers license and pop-rock explosion good 4 u), which happens to be one more than Aerosmith have accrued in their decades-long career. Her debut studio album Sour, which was released on May 21, has held the highest US sales of any album in a week of this year with almost 300,000 units. Not only is her music extremely commercially successful, it is also very good (this is obviously subjective, but I like her music and so do most people I have talked to as well as critics). In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychadelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her musics success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

In fact, Rodrigo has shined so brightly in the past few months it has been easy to forget the fact that she is a Disney Channel star like Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and Selena Gomez before her, having starred in Bizaardvark and currently starring in High School Musical: The Musical: The Series. In fact, my insider friend has reported that Disney is trying to negotiate a contract with Rodrigo to allow the licensing of her solo music (which has been released by the label Geffen Records, the same label that has worked with Aerosmith) in the ride currently known as Rock n Roller Coaster starring Aerosmith, as well as to film an all-new pre-show starring Olivia herself. The plan is for the track layout to stay roughly the same, although plans have been thrown around for the space between the ride’s loading area and launch to be extended, accommodating for a new, slow-moving dark ride scene built around Rodrigo’s deceptively gentle but extremely powerful signature track drivers license. The more intense parts of the ride will be soundtracked by higher-octane tracks by Rodrigo such as brutal, deja vu, and good 4 u.

So, what do you think of these rumors? Would you like to see Aerosmith replaced with Olivia Rodrigo? Would you be sad to see Aerosmith go?
Who? Never heard of that person. Two hits is nothing and I don't believe you at all...

Smiley/OCD

I think Bruce Springsteen to replace Aerosmith will be might worked than Olivia Rodrigo. Each songs will heard from on-board soundtrack such as Born to Run, Born in the USA, Jungleland, Out in the Street, Dancing in the Dark, Hungry Heart, Atlantic City, Human Touch, Tunnel of Love, etc...
NNNOOO!!! As a fellow Jersey guy, I go to Florida to get AWAY from him...saw him 3 times (2 too many), worked in music retail for 30 years and remember selling the first box set off U-boats...went to the same HS as Max...he's too political...(I didn't spend 300 bucks to hear your views...shut up and play your guitar)...I KNOW it's sacrilegious, but IMO, him and the E Street boys are just a bar band that made it.

GimpYancIent

"Unless you have been living under a rock during the year 2021, you must be aware of ascendant pop icon Olivia Rodrigo"...
Ummm, WHO?

Aside from this being an incredibly shameless, pathetic, and obviously fake post, do you really expect people to believe that WDW is going to re-theme an extremely popular ride to a musical act who has been "popular" for 5 months? Never heard of her, and never want to. Because of this thread I'm now intentionally going to avoid her at all costs. Some publicist you are. Time to switch professions.

Not taking this BS fake rumor seriously, but just saying I'm 100% certain that Disney will fix the Yeti before re-theming RnRC to Oliver Whatever-her-name-is.
View attachment 562026
👍

Smiley/OCD

Sorry to bump this thread. Just wanted to point out all artists use autotune. Used properly, you'd NEVER know it was happening. But, there hasn't been an artist on the top 40 in the last 20 years that isn't using it. Now, other artists use autotune as an effect. In that case, it can be really annoying. You can go back to the 90's and hear Cher using it as an effect in, If I Could Turn Back Time. In there, it was pretty impressive, IMO.
I think the Cher song you're thinking of is "Believe"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom