Rumor:Reports that BOG will be 2 credits for both lunch and Dinner!

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
May I ask where on their FB page this is? I was just looking and cant see the announcement.

Ok, wait, after rereading, this is not the official WDW page, but a non-affiliated blog.

I'm going to take this about as seriously as if it was told by a bus-driver. The official parks blog only a couple weeks ago said it was 1 and 1, I'm going by the official word until told otherwise.
Yes i never said it was from WDW directly

But they are citing disney as their source

WDWYankee15

Yes i never said it was from WDW directly

But they are citing disney as their source

Disney is going to be giving out 5 "Golden Tickets" for an insiders tour of all of Walt Disney World and a chance to live in Cinderella's Castle forever.
--- A reliable Disney source

Come on!

meyeet

Disney is going to be giving out 5 "Golden Tickets" for an insiders tour of all of Walt Disney World and a chance to live in Cinderella's Castle forever.

Come on!
Where can you find one of said "Golden Tickets"? I'm ready to move! ;)

WDWYankee15

Where can you find one of said "Golden Tickets"? I'm ready to move! ;)

They'll be sent out to the 5 people who can start the most unsubstanciated WDW rumors and can get the most comments on them. Bonus points for rumors that are started that are totally refuted by facts that are already in existance. They will probably be the only ones that covet these tickets, because they're the only ones that will believe they exist!

HM Spectre

I don't know about you but I wouldn't even consider paying 2 credits for a QS lunch. As far as dinner goes, I'll deal with 2 credits anytime so long as the food quality matches... it's when the price goes up and the quality stays the same that I get miffed.

Crush Dude!

Original Poster

Come on!

Just quoting what i read!Keep your sarky respones for a shmuck who will take it!

ToTBellHop

Just quoting what i read!Keep your sarky respones for a shmuck who will take it!
Right--and thank you for posting it. However, the people who posted the comment you reposted here are mistaken. The fact that they posted that lunch would be 2 credits shows two things: 1) they need a new source as their current source does not know what he/she is talking about and 2) neither their source nor they themselves understand how BoG will run and has always been designed to run. Counter service restaurants only charge 1 credit across the board and that will continue to be the case through at least December 31, 2013.

The fact that Disney has already commented directly on this topic and that they have put out their 2013 Dining Plan brochure can safely put this matter to bed.

wiigirl

I don't necessarily like it but I am not surprised. If it's going to mean a higher quality of food (and possibly smaller crowds), I'm all for it.
75.gif

Excellent point! :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It may be a way of managing the crowds

When this thing first opens the crowds will be massive especially for lunch. I can't see them charging 2 credits though. They may need to institute ADRs even for table service lunch or possibly something similar to fast pass with a set return time. I don't know if this has ever been done, but this will be the most elaborately themed table service restaurant at Disney so they may need to think outside the box at least in the beginning.

WDWYankee15

Crush Dude! I appoligize to you. I did not mean for you to take this as an attack on you. I agree you were just forwarding the information and that was the way you framed it. My comments were about the poor reporting of this other entity. This information is misguided and with a simple "someone from Disney" told me so as a source, it is poor form to put the information out.

We all love and thrive on the "insider" information. For most of us who love Disney, but can only get there once every year (if lucky), it is this info that feeds our passion. The problem is that everyone seems to want to have the "scoop," the next big story and will take anything they hear from ANYONE at Disney as the fact.

There are lots out there that provide good quailty "insider" information, the problem is that reports like the one this thread discusses waters them down and discredits when good quality "insider" info is really right there for us to enjoy and discuss.

I applaud you Crush Dude! for your post and for those on this thread that point out the true facts that exist to prove this is nothing but bad info.

My response was an attempt to poke fun at the oberdity of somethings that get posted siting a "Disney source."

Crush Dude!

Original Poster
Crush Dude! I appoligize to you. I did not mean for you to take this as an attack on you. I agree you were just forwarding the information and that was the way you framed it. My comments were about the poor reporting of this other entity. This information is misguided and with a simple "someone from Disney" told me so as a source, it is poor form to put the information out.

We all love and thrive on the "insider" information. For most of us who love Disney, but can only get there once every year (if lucky), it is this info that feeds our passion. The problem is that everyone seems to want to have the "scoop," the next big story and will take anything they hear from ANYONE at Disney as the fact.

There are lots out there that provide good quailty "insider" information, the problem is that reports like the one this thread discusses waters them down and discredits when good quality "insider" info is really right there for us to enjoy and discuss.

I applaud you Crush Dude! for your post and for those on this thread that point out the true facts that exist to prove this is nothing but bad info.

My response was an attempt to poke fun at the oberdity of somethings that get posted siting a "Disney source."

No harm done! Apology accepted man

DisneyJoe

My comments were about the poor reporting of this other entity. This information is misguided and with a simple "someone from Disney" told me so as a source, it is poor form to put the information out.

Unfortunately, some do this just to drive traffic to their page and stimulate controversy. I've had some webmasters, authors etc tell me this to my face.

Everything Walt Disney World is a Travel Agency. I am 99% certain their Disney source was their District Sales Manager. Who, in my opinion, can be a decent source of information, but can also get things fairly confused since Disney news is not their focus-but sales is. I am guessing this District Sales Manager confused Be Our Guest with the new Le Cellier rules of 2 for lunch (and keeping the 2 for dinner).

Time will tell, but I truly think this was an honest mistake by both the DSM and the Travel Agency.

Here's the thing. This is my blog and I actually didn't post it there, I posted it on the blog's Facebook page (which doesn't drive traffic to my blog ). The information came from our Disney Sales Manager. Every travel agency has one; they act as a liason between you and Disney and are very hands on. The reason they tell us this information is so that we can give our clients a heads up and something like this is pretty big. Now, if she is wrong, then she got bad information, but I have no reason to believe that they would intentionally give out unverified information because it would come back to hurt her. And she definitely doesn't engage in gossip.

Now, it's always possible that she was wrong. It happens. But I think when you look at what is being offered at BOG, it really stands to reason that it will be a 2 credit place. As for the fact that the brochures say it will be 1 credit, they also state that all information is subject to change.

Finally, whenever I have something that's a litle "iffy" I always add the caveat that it isn't the final word and I'll post more as I hear it. So far, we haven't been told otherwise--our DSM is saying it's 2 credits. So that's what we're telling people right now. When or if that changes, we'll tell them otherwise.

I hope that clears it up. :)

GoofGoof

Premium Member
So when you say 2 credits is it 2 counter service credits for lunch? All of the 2 credit signature restaurants are 2 table service credit restaurants. I assume it would have to be 2 counter service credits since it will be counter service for lunch. Maybe just 2 credits for dinner if they are going to include some kind of show or something.

Lets hope this was just a misunderstanding and she was just wrong. I am not trying to deny your source, but I personally don't believe it. I have no source or inside info, just my opinion so take it for what it's worth.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom